Created

Last Reply

Replies

Views

Shiwiii -
Space Merchant -

Top Posters

15 hours ago, Witness said:

) “Do you understand that your baptism identifies you as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses in association with Jehovah’s organization?” 

There would be no need for this question if "Christianity" was as it was in the 1st century; pure and unadulterated by pagan beliefs and pemissive morals. There would also be no need to be called Jehovah's Witnesses, or Jehovah's organization.

8 hours ago, Anna said:

There would be no need for this question if "Christianity" was as it was in the 1st century; pure and unadulterated by pagan beliefs and pemissive morals. There would also be no need to be called Jehovah's Witnesses, or Jehovah's organization.

Watchtower 1990 11/1 p. 26 Our Relative Subjection to the Superior Authorities

"As Christians, we face up to similar challenges today. We cannot take part in any modern version of idolatrybe it worshipful gestures toward an image or symbol or the imputing of salvation to a person or an organization.

image.jpeg

Jesus' words apply today, just as when he said them 2000 years ago:

Jesus told her, “Believe me. A time is coming when you Samaritans won’t be worshiping the Father on this mountain or in Jerusalem. 22 You don’t know what you’re worshiping. We Jews know what we’re worshiping, because salvation comes from the Jews. 23 Indeed, the time is coming, and it is now here, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth. The Father is looking for people like that to worship him. 24 God is a spirit. Those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.”  John 4:21-24

There is still no need for an earthly "mountainlike organization".  Do you know what you are worshiping?

JWS would first have to be grafted into Israel, if you go by Romans 11:24,

For if you were cut out of the olive tree that is wild by nature (Gentiles) and were grafted contrary to nature into the garden olive tree, (Israel) how much more will these who are natural branches be grafted back into their own olive tree! 25 For I do not want you to be unaware of this sacred secret. 

And Eph 2:14  For he is our peace, the one who made the two groups one and destroyed the wall in between that fenced them off. 15 By means of his flesh he abolished the enmity, the Law of commandments consisting in decrees, in order to make the two groups in union with himself into one new man and to make peace, 16 and to reconcile fully both peoples in one body to God through the torture stake, because he had killed off the enmity by means of himself.

John 10:16 “And I have other sheep, which are not of this fold; those too I must bring in, and they will listen to my voice, and they will become one flock, one shepherd.”

The fundamental basis of the new covenant is to reunite this world into the only begotten.  “Religion” comes from the Latin "religare" which means “to re-unite.”  To reunite first implies a separation.

Again, ב Bet is the first letter of the whole Bible. ב Bet is also the number two. If we look at ב Bet as its number, we read the first word of the Bible as two superimposed beginnings. B+rashit   ב ראשית    ב ראשית ברא אלהים. One kingdom is heaven and the other one is earth.

Two separate kingdoms were created in the אלוהים Alohim pronounced Elohim God.

Those two kingdoms are the above, where all is united and the lower kingdom, which is where many are yet to be gathered into the last Adam before above and below merges. The higher kingdom is where Spirit resides, and the lower kingdom is where the last Adam, the house, has yet to receive the breath of life, the spirit.  (From the beginning I foretell the outcome, (I declare the end since the beginning and from long ago the things that have not yet been done.) The point of religion is to re-unite these two kingdoms and to make them one. To put God in his own temple, his house, his בית Bet, is to bring heaven to earth to unite both kingdoms into one man/house made of every nation. This is the meaning of בראשית, Genesis. To make the man in the image of God is the merging the truth into its image and both into one.  (Mat ) “heaven, also on earth”

1Co For now we see in hazy outline by means of a metal mirror, but then it will be face-to-face. At present I know partially, but then I will know accurately, just as I am accurately known. (Illustration)

“It is written, ‘My house will be called a house of prayer,’ but you are making it a cave of robbers.” Matthew 21: 13  (“you are making it”) confirms the separation.

That house is represented by the letter ב Bet. Bet is us collectively, Israel, the only Son.  The two groups are to be married into one flesh man. (Israel)     Ishral    ישׂראל

Rom … “A partial dulling of senses has come upon Israel until the full number of people of the nations has come in,”        

John “And I have other sheep, which are not of this fold; those too I must bring in, and they will listen to my voice, and they will become one flock, one shepherd.”

Eph 2:14  For he is our peace, the one who made the two groups one and destroyed the wall in between that fenced them off. 15 By means of his flesh he abolished the enmity, the Law of commandments consisting in decrees, in order to make the two groups in union with himself into one new man and to make peace, 16 and to reconcile fully both peoples in one body to God through the torture stake, because he had killed off the enmity by means of himself.     *Romans two olive trees Wild and Garden

The only begotten reunited, (The accuser now knowing he accuses himself, stops)

1 John If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.         Enmity in the One

John “For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son

John They are no part of the world, just as I am no part of the world.         Enmity in the One

A little deeper?

Isaiah 50:1 This is what Jehovah says:“ Where is the divorce certificate of your mother, whom I sent away? Or to which of my creditors did I sell you? Look! It was because of your own errors you were sold, and because of your own transgressions your mother was sent away.            (God was separated from his wife and then from Israel his son)

אלהים Alohim translated as Elohim, is a plural Hebrew word.  In the English and Latin Bibles, it is translated as “God,” singular masculine.  But the word אלהים Alohim is not singular masculine.  Alohim is a plural word which comes from אל Al, which is “God,” in Hebrew.   אֵלָה translated as Eloah is Aloah is God’s feminine counterpart kept hidden. The suffix ים -im is plural. Thus, אלהים Alohim can mean either God and Goddess or Gods and Goddesses. “in our image (Plural) male and female    

Modern derivative ALOHA The Way Of Love 1Corinthians 13:1-13

"The Aloha Spirit" or "The Way of Aloha".  Hawaii

Aloha is being all, and all being me. When there is pain - it is my pain. When there is joy - it is also mine. I respect all that is the Creator, me. I will not wilfully harm anyone or anything. When food is needed I will share. The earth, the sky, the sea are mine/me to care for, to cherish and to protect. This is Aloha “and there is no one else” Isaiah 45:5-6

When we look at the Bible the first three words say, בראשית ברא אלהים B’rashit Bara Alohim:

Alohim is the Father-Mother ( אל Al + אלה Aloha = אלהים Alohim), when together, they create in us Christ. χρίω chriō anoint

Gal my little children, for whom I am again experiencing birth pains until Christ is formed in you.

Proverbs 24:3 MKJV Through wisdom (Sophia) a house is built, and by understanding it is established.

Matthew “Therefore, everyone who hears these sayings of mine and does them will be like a discreet man who built his house on the rock.

Who is the anointed man? “Christ is formed in you” To have incarnated Christ is to be a wise man.  The Greek terms is Pnuematikos:  to be one with the Spirit / to have the

Spirit / to be anointed of the spirit. Then, it is the A, who speaks through B the servant, his house, Man, Bethel... the turtledove in the olive tree.

Matthew And the rain poured down and the floods came and the winds blew and lashed against that house, but it did not cave in, for it had been founded on the rock.”

Mat 11:2 But John, having heard in jail about the works of the Christ, sent his disciples 3  to ask him: “Are you the Coming One, or are we to expect a different one?” 4  In reply Jesus said to them: “Go and report to John what you are hearing and seeing: 5  The blind are now seeing and the lame are walking, the lepers are being cleansed and the deaf are hearing, the dead are being raised up and the poor are being told the good news. 6 Happy is the one who finds no cause for stumbling in me. Me/I

When John asked Jesus “Are you the Coming One, or are we to expect a different one?”  

#1 Did John know that his cousin Jesus was the Coming One?    (Yes he did)

“One is standing among you whom you do not know|” “See, the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!” “This is the one about whom I said: ‘Behind me there comes a man who has advanced in front of me, for he existed before me.’” “Even I did not know him, but the reason why I came baptizing in water was so that he might be made manifest to Israel.”        (But when he asked, he knew.   So #2 or #3?)

#2 Was John discretely asking Jesus to rescue him from prison?                

The law of commandments still in force, Jesus could not accomplish all that concerned him in the first of a twofold prophecy. John “Not a bone of his will be broken.”

Isaiah 52:14 “was disfigured” 53:3 It was as if his face were hidden from us 10-12 “crush him” / become sick / He will see his offspring / By means of his knowledge / he will apportion the spoil with the mighty.       Isaiah 9:3 As people rejoice in the harvesttime, As those who joyfully divide up the spoil.

#3 Was John prophesying of “a different one” ?  

(For I say to you, you will by no means see me from now until you say ‘Blessed is the one who comes in Jehovah’s name!) Matthew / Psalm 118:26

*Romans 11:24 For if you were cut out of the olive tree that is wild by nature (Gentiles) and were grafted contrary to nature into the garden olive tree, (Israel) how much more will these who are natural branches be grafted back into their own olive tree! 25 For I do not want you to be unaware of this sacred secret.           (Secretly Illustrated?)

(Eyes to see; Merging upper and lower kingdoms into one is the last phase of this plan)     Just saying.

Sorry I'm jumping in on this one and not really familiar with all comments, but has anyone mentioned that 'it had been thought' in the past, that non Witness husbands/wives of baptised JW's might well be 'saved' at Armageddon. Saved through the faith in God and Christ that the married JW had. Is this still the thought or would the spouse not be saved ? The thought of the married couple being 'as one'. 

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    pastel
    Newest Member
    pastel

• Topics

• ronan keating singing a song from the film notting hill   Keith Whitley - When You Say Nothing at All  
    • This song does make you want to "hustle" in whatever you are doing. 😉  
    • From '66 WT: (Just to throw something else into the mix as to the original post) "Questions From Readers ● At times there are changes in viewpoint on Biblical subjects discussed in the Watch Tower Society’s publications. We speak of what we believe as “the truth.” But does “truth” change?—W. P., U.S.A. Really it is the Bible that speaks of beliefs that are in harmony with the Scriptures as “the truth.” At 2 Peter 2:2 the worship based on such beliefs is termed “the way of the truth.” Yet concerning that “way of the truth” we read at Proverbs 4:18: “The path of the righteous ones is like the bright light that is getting lighter and lighter until the day is firmly established.” So we do not know all there is to know. In fact, even when the post-Armageddon system of things is ushered in we will not know everything. Throughout all eternity there will always be more to learn. This is indicated by what the apostle Paul wrote in Romans 11:33: “O the depth of God’s riches and wisdom and knowledge! How unsearchable his judgments are and past tracing out his ways are!” It is to be expected, then, that at times there may be changes in viewpoint. Our basic belief may be sound Scriptural truth, but there may be some details that we did not fully understand in the past. In time, with the aid of Jehovah’s spirit, we get those matters cleared up. For example, a few years ago we had a fine series of articles in The Watchtower on the “superior authorities.” (Issues of November 1–December 1, 1962) Before those articles were published, we knew and taught that Jehovah is the Most High, and that Jesus Christ is the second to Him in power and authority. We knew that we should be law-abiding persons, but that, when there was a conflict between man’s law and that of God, we would obey God as ruler rather than men. Those basic truths are the same today as they were before; they have not changed. However, by careful scrutiny of the Scriptures we have come to appreciate that certain Bible texts ought to be applied in a different way. For example, we realized that the “superior authorities” mentioned in Romans 13:1 are, not Jehovah God and Jesus Christ, but the political rulers. That is also true of Titus 3:1 and; 1 Peter 2:13, 14. Yet the basic truth is unchanged. Our viewpoint toward God and toward the State is the same as before. Similarly with our study of the resurrection. We believed in the resurrection of the dead before our recent series of Watchtower articles (issues of January 15–March 15, 1965) on the subject and we believe in it now. We also believed that 144,000 would be raised to heavenly life with Christ. We believed that many more would be resurrected as humans; that some of them would be persons who had faithfully served God in the past, and that others would be those who had lived ‘unrighteously.’ We also believed that a great educational work would take place when they would be raised. Those truths have not changed. But now we see that, according to the Scriptures, more are to return than we expected. So, rather than setting aside the truth of the resurrection, it has been magnified, and our appreciation of Jehovah’s love and mercy in providing for the resurrection has been enhanced. This is in direct contrast to what occurred among certain men of whom the apostle Paul wrote to Timothy, as recorded at 2 Timothy 2:18: “These very men have deviated from the truth, saying that the resurrection has already occurred; and they are subverting the faith of some.” Those men no longer had any hope in the resurrection; they believed that what was in the past was all there was to it. But they were setting aside the truth that Jesus had taught. Likewise in Christendom there have been changes in viewpoint; but they are rejecting the Bible as myth and setting aside its moral code as out-of-date. What a tremendous difference between what is taking place among them and what Jehovah is doing for his people in order to bring our thinking even more closely in line with his inspired Word of truth!" As stated above: "Our basic belief may be sound Scriptural truth, but there may be some details that we did not fully understand in the past. In time, with the aid of Jehovah’s spirit, we get those matters cleared up." I'm hoping we get more away from claiming some human ideas/dates (that go beyond the things written), as divine revelations/new light from God. I believe we are getting there, which is a far cry from what established Christendom  accepts: i.e.. thinking in war God blesses one side over the other of nations in Satan's system; that God has people tortured for all eternity in a fiery hell; there is no real need of a resurrection since all humans have an immortal soul that automatically goes to heaven of Hell when they die; Trinity...and on it goes. Nor do JW's claim infallibility as hundreds of millions believe of the Pope and similar views (although not official) to protestant leaders as well. Yes, I do believe we have a lot to work on, but I don't see any other religions offered on this site by the "nay-sayers" as a better alternative. And even if they don't believe other religions have the truth either, having their own viewpoints, they might as well be a religion unto themselves - an army of one - since even among themselves they don't see eye-to-eye on everything either. That doesn't mean I believe that means we need to believe we are correct on everything we currently believe. As stated in the article quoted above, we should accept there will be clarifications and changes in understanding - in some ways our understanding is fluid and that's a good thing, (despite how some people view it.) That is a huge difference from believing blatantly unscriptural doctrines from apostate Christianity - some of which we at one time accepted ourselves organizationally. I know some people would be highly agitated if some "sacred cow" date/idea turned out not to be so sacred. But remember, we didn't dedicate ourselves to a date and while we respect the imperfect, uninspired "channel" we accept guidance from today, we don't and shouldn't worship an organization any more than the Israelites were to worship Moses and Aaron. We worship the creator, not the creation.   
    • @Srecko Sostar I don't know, but it made me laugh anyway.  If some of the 'brothers' are deeply involved in the property business, and other brothers are deeply involved in the legal / lawyer business (court cases), then it seems the JW Org becomes more worldly every day.  I cannot believe this is what God or Jesus Christ wants from 'chosen ones'.   
    • Are JW people, who are involved in making money with buy and sale business  inside WT Society, those "sons of this world" :)) because of their wisdom how to handle and make arrangements with "wicked generation of darkness" ?
    • I see you as a funny spiritually blind person, so your comments do not bother me at all.   Adam blamed Eve did he? Well you seem to blame the Victims of Abuse and wrongful D/fed.  When Almighty God, working through Christ, decides to take action against the Watchtower / JW Org, then you and many others will get the biggest shock of your lives.  I think though that God may be helping the Victims of Child Sexual Abuse within the JW Org, so God may have started His cleansing process. Only time will tell if God wishes to use the Org or to replace it.  Meanwhile you can keep worshipping the GB and your Elders. 
  • Popular Now