The World News Media

All Eight Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses members are now individually named on two New York Child Victims Act case documents

Jack Ryan

47 minutes ago, César Chávez said:

You or Tom brought this hack on board. It's up to both of you to settle him down.

I certainly didn't bring him on board, nor do I have the authority to bring someone on or kick them off. And I don't believe for a minute that Tom would have or could have either. But I will gladly vouch for you, that you have been as behaved as any of us would be expected to be when the challenges get to be so direct, "in your face." And AlanF's language is likely to turn most of us off completely. (There are ladies in the room!) Still, I mostly hope that you two don't bring up each other's blood pressure. 

Also, I thought you were right on the "quire" thing immediately. It's a bit archaic, and probably never got used "naturally" within the expression "preaching to the choir." But I think the Anglican prayer-book still uses the spelling quire to mean choir. And a few poets used the spelling into the 1800's.

18 minutes ago, AlanF said:

Do you not agree?

I was referring to Cesar Chaves. I expect that if TrueTomHarley continues to debate you, it will be in his own style, and he'll remain civil no matter what you think of him or he thinks of you. But, if you remember Allen Smith who was also working under a few different names at the same time he engaged in debate with you, then you will know that he has a unique ability to turn a debate into chaos. Unfortunately the owners of the site have put him on a kind of "watch" it seems, because they have been quick to remove some of his accounts as soon as they sense any kind of initiated provocation. Perhaps this time they will see you as the initiator and he will be safe in this most recent incarnation.

18 minutes ago, AlanF said:

As Arauna has said, I prefer to call a spade a spade.

Yeah. I was kidding with the euphemism for liar. What Arauna had said about calling a spade a spade because she was African would have come across as racist back where I'm from. I'm glad no one pointed that out.

OED:

c.2.c More forcefully, in colloq. phr. to call a spade a (bloody) shovel: to speak with great or unnecessary bluntness.

1919 W. S. Maugham Moon & Sixpence iii. 12 We did not think it hypocritical to draw over our vagaries the curtain of a decent silence. The spade was not invariably called a bloody shovel. 

• Views 39k
  • Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When speaking with others of a different point of view, it is important to treat them with a modicum of respect. It is important not to taunt and ridicule and insult. Of course, if such is your only o

Good point Srecko. I don't think it's entirely fair to blame the GB for creating a "certain" environment inside congregations though. In fact, (we know everything passes through the GB's hands fo

@Arauna How do you actually know that the GB members  " never personally touched a child (actually too innocent  to comprehend how wicked people can be - too good for this world), " ?  There is i

Posted Images

César Chávez said:

56 minutes ago, AlanF said:

See? You can't read. I said "solid evidence", but you substitute "solid proof". So you've misrepresented what I said. Is that due to stupidity, or are you deliberately lying?

What, taking back the dictionary bit. I see you forgot your intelligence today

LOL! You're again reduced to posting gobble-de-goop, because you have no rational response.

preacher.jpg

Ah, well, that explains it. Here is one dictionary entry:

Merriam-Webster
<< a collection of 24 or sometimes 25 sheets of paper of the same size and quality : one twentieth of a ream >>

Doesn't fit your usage.

<< quire: archaic spelling of choir >>
Most dictionaries don't even refer to the archaic spelling. All of which proves what I said: Most English speakers don't know the word. It's not in the vocabularies of most UK or American English speakers.

More complete gobble-de-goop.
    Do you have this trouble reading/writing Spanish? I suspect so.

I guess since your English grammar sucks! lol!

Not an intelligible sentence. I really do recommend Grammarly.

You did not. I explained this twice now. Now you're exposing yourself as a liar.

The only thing being exposed is yourself, cut it out you're in public. You might get arrested for indecency 😂.

You keep getting yourself deeper and deeper in lies.

Here's what I said that you claimed was grammatically wrong:

<< The self-righteous JW apologists on this forum are pitiful. >>

There is nothing grammatically wrong with that sentence. Check it with Grammarly.

You somehow copied and pasted the sentence improperly, leaving the "s" off the end of "apologists":

<< The self-righteous JW apologist on this forum are pitiful. >>

Even though I pointed out your error two times, you continue to double down on it. Your first mistake is excusable. Your doubling down even after being twice corrected proves that you're a pathological liar.

JW Insider said:

AlanF's language is likely to turn most of us off completely. (There are ladies in the room!)

Hmm. I see "WTF" on national news channels regularly.

Also, I thought you were right on the "quire" thing immediately. It's a bit archaic, and probably never got used "naturally" within the expression "preaching to the choir." But I think the Anglican prayer-book still uses the spelling quire to mean choir. And a few poets used the spelling into the 1800's.

It's still completely archaic and not used in normal conversation by normal English speakers. That specialized, archaic works like the Anglican prayer-book have it is like arguing that "sod pottage" is proper modern English because it appears in the original King James Bible.

30 minutes ago, AlanF said:

Do you not agree?

I was referring to Cesar Chaves.

My comments apply to him, too, since he has demonstrated himself to be a pathological liar.

I expect that if TrueTomHarley continues to debate you, it will be in his own style, and he'll remain civil no matter what you think of him or he thinks of you.

His ad hominem attacks and lies can in no way be considered civil. And I will continue to deal with him as an uncivil pathological liar as long as he keeps it up.

But, if you remember Allen Smith who was also working under a few different names at the same time he engaged in debate with you, then you will know that he has a unique ability to turn a debate into chaos. Unfortunately the owners of the site have put him on a kind of "watch" it seems, because they have been quick to remove some of his accounts as soon as they sense any kind of initiated provocation. Perhaps this time they will see you as the initiator and he will be safe in this most recent incarnation.

Except that I have initiated no ad hominem attacks nor told lies. Remember that criticism of Mommy Watchtower is not an attack on any poster here.

30 minutes ago, AlanF said:

As Arauna has said, I prefer to call a spade a spade.

Yeah. I was kidding with the euphemism for liar. What Arauna had said about calling a spade a spade because she was African would have come across as racist back where I'm from. I'm glad no one pointed that out.

No one would dare. I had the same thought.

Funny story: my old boss was from the south, and he once counseled me on my pronunciation of "gigahertz". "Not with the 'j' sound; we could be liable for racism." I just laughed.

24 minutes ago, Anna said:

This is all very entertaining! 😀

All ready 13 pages within a week!

If you haven't realised, it's a Smokescreen, to avoid the real TOPIC. 

Unfortunately, the JW Elders running this forum do not like certain subjects being mentioned. If it brings toooooo much disrespect on their beloved GB then it is either removed or sidetracked.  Just my opinion of course. 

I do find it difficult to keep up with it all, But I don't remember my questions being answered about

'What is the worst outcome that can happen to the GB in these 'cases' ? What is likely to happen regarding American law and the GB ? 

There I think that brings it back on TOPIC :) 

12 minutes ago, 4Jah2me said:
42 minutes ago, Anna said:

All ready 13 pages within a week!

If you haven't realised, it's a Smokescreen, to avoid the real TOPIC. 

It made me realise my spelling had gone all haywire

Unfortunately, the JW Elders running this forum

Sorry to disappoint you, but there are no elders running this forum.

'What is the worst outcome that can happen to the GB in these 'cases' ? What is likely to happen regarding American law and the GB ? 

I'll have to think about that one. 

In my first post on this thread I said:

<< Let's watch as some JW apologists try to excuse their leaders for the conduct described below. >>

I must now be viewed as a prophet since that came true.

By the way, JW Insider and I have given you JW apologists a perfect opportunity to knock down my accusations against Leo Greenlees: Call Ciro Aulicino at the Watchtower headquarters in Warwick, New York, then read him what I wrote and see if he agrees that it's correct.

You can also do this with senior members of the Service Department, such as Bob Johnson.

If no apologist is willing to call WTS headquarters, ya'll will have proved my point.

4Jah2me said:

I do find it difficult to keep up with it all, But I don't remember my questions being answered about

Probably not much with regard to American law, since American lawmakers are in bed with all of the larger religions. But the GB could lose much credibility with the JW community, which would result in loss of members.

@Anna  'Sorry to disappoint you, but there are no elders running this forum.' 

You have proof positive ?  You personally know the 'owners of this forum' ?   

They seem to be able to 'disfellowship' people from the forum that they don't want here. 

People disappear without trace it seems. I may be a newbe with comments, but not so with viewing/reading the forum. :) 

Caution told me to look before I jumped in. 

Anna said:  

Call Ciro Aulicino at the Watchtower headquarters in Warwick, New York, then read him what I wrote and see if he agrees that it's correct.

I don't believe in upsetting the elderly

Isaiah 65:20: "And the sinner will be cursed, even though he is a hundred years of age."

4 minutes ago, AlanF said:

4Jah2me said:

Probably not much with regard to American law, since American lawmakers are in bed with all of the larger religions. But the GB could lose much credibility with the JW community, which would result in loss of members.

" since American lawmakers are in bed with all of the larger religions "

Well I've been wondering why America has been so slow in any form of action against JW Org. 

Australian investigation done and dusted, documents handed over etc... . 

UK Charity commission, documents handed over, done and dusted. Awaiting new investigation by I.I.C.S.A. 

USA, nothing. Only what seems to be private individuals taking the Org to court. why no big FBI or other investigation ? 

@Anna " I don't believe in upsetting the elderly "

you do it to me :) 

3 minutes ago, 4Jah2me said:

" since American lawmakers are in bed with all of the larger religions "

Well I've been wondering why America has been so slow in any form of action against JW Org. 

Australian investigation done and dusted, documents handed over etc... . 

UK Charity commission, documents handed over, done and dusted. Awaiting new investigation by I.I.C.S.A. 

USA, nothing. Only what seems to be private individuals taking the Org to court. why no big FBI or other investigation ? 

You have to understand how powerful religions are in America. They're on the decline, but it will be another couple of generations before they reach the status of of religions in Australia, the UK, and most of Europe.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.