The World News Media

All Eight Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses members are now individually named on two New York Child Victims Act case documents

Jack Ryan

13 minutes ago, Witness said:

Anna, YOU are missing the point.  

I get the point: "anointed Christians do not view themselves as being part of an elite club". They do not see themselves in exclusive terms, as if the other sheep didn't belong among them. Therefor they mingle, and encourage the other sheep, not segregate themselves into special anointed camps. Jesus said the two flocks would become one. That is the point.

There is no division in the body, where do you get that idea?

• Views 39k
  • Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When speaking with others of a different point of view, it is important to treat them with a modicum of respect. It is important not to taunt and ridicule and insult. Of course, if such is your only o

Good point Srecko. I don't think it's entirely fair to blame the GB for creating a "certain" environment inside congregations though. In fact, (we know everything passes through the GB's hands fo

@Arauna How do you actually know that the GB members  " never personally touched a child (actually too innocent  to comprehend how wicked people can be - too good for this world), " ?  There is i

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, Anna said:

I get the point: "anointed Christians do not view themselves as being part of an elite club". They do not see themselves in exclusive terms, as if the other sheep didn't belong among them. Therefor they mingle, and encourage the other sheep, not segregate themselves into special anointed camps. Jesus said the two flocks would become one. That is the point.

There is no division in the body, where do you get that idea?

But you continue to miss the crucial point: the anointed are not supposed to get together and discuss spiritual things.

12 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Doesn’t that argue against your contention that Witnesses live and breathe the Watchower?

No. Most JWs do that, not all. You yourself are quite selective in your worship of Mommy Watchtower, just as the Watchtower Society is selective in what it chooses to believe in the Bible.

2 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Thank you for providing the source:

You're welcome!

It seems that John Butler  4jah2me is keeping up with the spiritual food faster than you! xD

2 hours ago, AlanF said:

That's true of a surprising large fraction of seemingly righteous JWs.

Oh really, Mr. know it all

2 hours ago, AlanF said:

A long time ago a prominent elder explained to me that negative suggestions from the Society are not merely suggestions, but commands from God not to do something. That's what language like "they would be working against the holy spirit" means. Where have you been?

Why don't you just take what is written at face value? That's how they are meant. I find it curious how you need things explained by a prominent elder. Pity he didn't take things at face value either. Reading more into things is never a good idea. Working against the holy spirit in this case is not rocket science. If the Bible's admonition is not to cause divisions, and promote unity, then if one does things contrary to that, then one would be working against the holy spirit. Obviously. You guys get too hung up about what the GB says, and forget what the Bible says.

48 minutes ago, AlanF said:

But you continue to miss the crucial point: the anointed are not supposed to get together and discuss spiritual things.

Again, you are reading into things that aren't there. Everyone and anyone can get together and discuss spiritual things. This is talking about exclusivity. That is the point.

1 hour ago, Anna said:

Again, you are reading into things that aren't there. Everyone and anyone can get together and discuss spiritual things. This is talking about exclusivity. That is the point.

Don't you see that scripture contradicts this ordinance made by men?  If the anointed were to "gather" as the elder body and helpers "gather", what do you think might happen?  Another point of view that would threaten the GB's teachings?  

Wouldn't you say the helpers and GB gather "exclusively?"   And, if they can do it, why not God's anointed ones?  

20 minutes ago, Witness said:

The point is the GB are afraid their leadership will be challenged by a united body of anointed ones.  So, they are not to BOND TOGETHER, as the 1/2016 WT stated.   The GB have separated from their Head, Christ, "puffed up" in their "fleshy minds" that they must have total control over the anointed.  Col 2:18,19

No anointed one is to wield authority over another. 1 Cor 12 expresses that clearly.  You may just want to read it.    There is only one Master that the anointed are to answer to, Jesus Christ.

48 minutes ago, Witness said:

Don't you see that scripture contradicts this ordinance made by men?  If the anointed were to "gather" as the elder body and helpers "gather", what do you think might happen?  Another point of view that would threaten the GB's teachings?  

Wouldn't you say the helpers and GB gather "exclusively?"   And, if they can do it, why not God's anointed ones?  

The point is the GB are afraid their leadership will be challenged by a united body of anointed ones.  So, they are not to BOND TOGETHER, as the 1/2016 WT stated.   The GB have separated from their Head, Christ, "puffed up" in their "fleshy minds" that they must have total control over the anointed.  Col 2:18,19

I repeat again, you are reading into things that aren't there.

48 minutes ago, Witness said:

No anointed one is to wield authority over another. 1 Cor 12 expresses that clearly.  You may just want to read it.    There is only one Master that the anointed are to answer to, Jesus Christ.

Of course.

Those of anointed who consider themselves the faithful and discreet slave, as I am sure you are referring to them,  do not wield authority over their fellow anointed, nor are they masters over anyone's faith for that matter. We are all fully cognizant that all the anointed are to answer to Jesus. And we are all cognizant of the fact that no one is better than anyone else. So what is your problem?

Anna said:

3 hours ago, AlanF said:

That's true of a surprising large fraction of seemingly righteous JWs.

Oh really, Mr. know it all

Yes, Ms. too-naive-for-her-own-good.

3 hours ago, AlanF said:

A long time ago a prominent elder explained to me that negative suggestions from the Society are not merely suggestions, but commands from God not to do something. That's what language like "they would be working against the holy spirit" means. Where have you been?

Why don't you just take what is written at face value? That's how they are meant.

Some are, some are not. Watchtower writers are past masters at manipulating the JW community with smooth words that are deliberately ambiguous, or say one thing but mean another. Again you're far too naive.

I find it curious how you need things explained by a prominent elder.

At the time I had not been an active JW for at least 15 years. One loses the bad mental conditioning after awhile.

Pity he didn't take things at face value either.

He was quite good at deciphering the ambiguities of WTS instructions. He and his wife were very well respected, and entertained GB members. At the time he had been a JW for 60 years, so he knew what he was talking about.

Reading more into things is never a good idea.

Oftentimes the Society designs its instructions with a subtly hidden message that astute JWs are supposed to pick up on.

Working against the holy spirit in this case is not rocket science. If the Bible's admonition is not to cause divisions, and promote unity, then if one does things contrary to that, then one would be working against the holy spirit. Obviously. You guys get too hung up about what the GB says, and forget what the Bible says.

You forget the most important thing: since out of one side of its mouth the GB claims to admit that it is fallible, then its Bible interpretations are open to questioning. If a dissenting JW has figured out the truth of some Bible teaching, finds it at odds with Watchtower teaching, and lets it be known to others, then who is "causing division"? The one teaching the Bible, or the one teaching the commands of men? Remember that God is not directing these fallible men of the GB.

1 hour ago, AlanF said:

Again, you are reading into things that aren't there.

They're right there in black and white. Go back and read what you posted from the Watchtower.

Everyone and anyone can get together and discuss spiritual things. This is talking about exclusivity. That is the point.

Still missing the point. You're approaching Orwellian crimestop here.

6 minutes ago, AlanF said:

Still missing the point. You're approaching Orwellian crimestop here.

Lets just call it differing viewpoints. You can't see it my way, and I don't see it yours. Nothing Orwellian about that.

It's bed time here. More tomorrow.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.