The World News Media

All Eight Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses members are now individually named on two New York Child Victims Act case documents

Jack Ryan

ALANF:

There are good detectives, and there are bad detectives.

Both looking at the exact same evidence come to different conclusions.

That's why there was an ongoing "war" between Stephen Hawking, and Leonard Susskind, about black holes.

The fact is that giraffes have a nervous system that you think is poorly designed, or more to the point, poorly evolved.

I think it is WONDERFULLY designed.

It's a shame that we cannot get the giraffe to lend its voice to the debate.

However, there is one overriding engineering principle:

"If it ain't broke ... don't fix it!"

...and as to you challenges ... I really don't care what you believe ... unless your check clears the bank.

To me, this is all casual banter.

For dissertations, you have to pay in advance.

Video_2019-11-29_151941.wmv

• Views 39.2k
  • Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When speaking with others of a different point of view, it is important to treat them with a modicum of respect. It is important not to taunt and ridicule and insult. Of course, if such is your only o

Good point Srecko. I don't think it's entirely fair to blame the GB for creating a "certain" environment inside congregations though. In fact, (we know everything passes through the GB's hands fo

@Arauna How do you actually know that the GB members  " never personally touched a child (actually too innocent  to comprehend how wicked people can be - too good for this world), " ?  There is i

Posted Images

TrueTomHarley said:

51 minutes ago, AlanF said:

Obviously you know as much about electromagnetics as Donald Trump does about running a country.

That’s Alan’s fourth completely irrelevant reference to Trump—a political taunt that is guaranteed to fall flat amidst an apolitical audience. Knowing this (because he knows everything), why does he do it?

Most everyone in the world is familiar with the concept that Trump is a criminally insane, inept, wannabe politician -- even if they don't agree with it. Most everyone knows this, and so it's a fine example to use.

Just as they're familiar with the criminality of Richard Nixon -- "I'm not a crook" and all that.

By continually inserting Trump where it is absolutely unnecessary, irrelevant, and even off-putting to those who he would like to convince,

Nonsense. I use examples familiar to most people. You don't like it because you're a Trump supporter. Bad, bad boy!

Alan shows that he is a leftist.

As if that's bad.

Leftist more or less, but I disagree with a lot of leftist ideology, especially the "woke" movement.

And of course, TTH is a dyed-in-the-wool ever-Trumper, despite claiming to be nonpolitical. There's that H word again.

He is without a doubt a close ally-in-spirit (even a “double-portion” of spirit!) of Steven Hassan,

Indeed, because I've seen the cultishness he fights for myself. A good example is the small group of truly braindead cultists on this forum, who suffer so blazingly from Orwellian doublethink.

the David Splane of anti-cultists, originator of the BITE model of “mind control”—Behavioral, Informational, Thought, and Emotional Control!

Don't know of him. Maybe I should.

Mr Hassan, the man stupid enough as a youth to join the Moonies—the robe-dressing, flower-hawking Moonies!

Yes, kind of like someone stupid enough as a youth to join the JWs, hawking JW literature on the streets. At least Hassan had the smarts to quit, unlike the clowns on this forum.

and now, having quit them, writes that even the most intelligent people [read: himself] can be misled into a cult—and he expands the C-word into ever more frontiers, including Jehovah’s Witnesses, and beyond.

He's exactly right. As time passes, almost all truly intelligent people quit being JWs. That's why JW leaders have always valued loyalty to themselves over competence -- again much like Donald Trump. That's why JWs are, on average, among the least intelligent of religionists and at the bottom of the educational level. JW leaders understand this well, forcing them to dumb down their literature to 3rd-grade reading levels.

Hassan is hardly the first to show that JWs are a classic destructive cult.

His current book is: “The Cult of Trump—A Leading Cult Expert Explains How the President Uses Mind-Control.” A review of it begins with: “Can’t understand why a loved one would vote for Donald Trump? Let the experts who spend their lives studying cults help break it down.” Of course! It is completely inexplicable otherwise. Only cult delusion can account for such a vote.

Yep.

When you think that half the country has fallen victim to cult influence and mind-control, it is strong evidence that you have drunk too much of the Kool-Aid yourself!

Wrong. Look at some of Jay Leno's man-on-the-street interviews with random people. More than half of Americans believe in astrology, conspiracy theories, creationism and all manner of nonsense. As George Carlin once said, consider the average intelligence level of Americans, and then consider that half of them are even dumber than that!

8 minutes ago, AlanF said:

Most everyone in the world is familiar with the concept that Trump is a criminally insane, inept, wannabe politician 

Of course! Half the country knows this. And the other half does, too.

He just may win again, you know. And a ton of celebrities who swore that they would leave the country will again have to second-guess their words.

James Thomas Rook Jr said:

ALANF:

There are good detectives, and there are bad detectives.

Both looking at the exact same evidence come to different conclusions.

Relate that to our discussion here.

That's why there was an ongoing "war" between Stephen Hawking, and Leonard Susskind, about black holes.

So? Scientists argue about stuff all the time. At this point it's all theoretical.

The fact is that giraffes have a nervous system that you think is poorly designed,

Not quite, I've demonstrated it. If you designed a similar rube-goldberg system for a college project, and presented it to your class and professor, they'd laugh you out of school.

or more to the point, poorly evolved.

No, it's just evolved. If it works, in evolution it's "good enough for government work".

I think it is WONDERFULLY designed.

You, with your decades of experience in electrical engineering. You, who can't answer any of my challenge questions.

It's a shame that we cannot get the giraffe to lend its voice to the debate.

It can only growl.

However, there is one overriding engineering principle:

"If it ain't broke ... don't fix it!"

Like I said, "good enough for government work."

Which does NOT say it's good enough to be the product of a supremely intelligent designer.

...and as to you challenges ... I really don't care what you believe ... unless your check clears the bank.

I think you should pay me for educating you about capacitance and such. I have a PayPal account.

To me, this is all casual banter.

Of course.

For dissertations, you have to pay in advance.

There's my PayPal account . . .

Today is Friday. I haven't looked on here since Wednesday.  There must be around 8 new pages. 

BUT it's full of rubbish !    People being personal about each other. My Harley being as stupid as usual.

Mr Rook and Dilbert.  Alan F filling up pages for the sake of it. 

Well, I'm glad I've spent my time doing more sensible things. Materialistic things, but sensible.

When's Armageddon My Harley ?  Ten years time I reckon.

And @The Librarian I do feel sorry for you. Don't let the ba.. (no, i can't say that on here) Don't let people upset you. Maybe some topics should have a cut off point at 30 pages. (Just a suggestion).

1 hour ago, Anna said:
2 hours ago, AlanF said:

This notion of "quantity of holy spirit" is completely unscriptural and ridiculous on its face.

By saying "how much", I did not mean quantity at a given time. I meant how many times hs would be given over a period of time. So correction: "how often or how many times it would be given"

Perhaps we can include general idea in human and in Bible context, how all have to be, to done something and so on:  "to the right extent, measure, quantity". Salt is good, but to put too much salt into meal will not be good. Patient is good, but too much patient not  necessary mean how things will be solved because we show patient till the day we die .....etc.

As i can recall we can find:

For the one whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God gives the Spirit without limit (measure).  - John 3 34  

But we will not boast of things without our measure, but according to the measure of the rule which God hath distributed to us, a measure to reach even unto you. - 2 Cor 10 13

And he measured the wall thereof, an hundred and forty and four cubits, according to the measure of a man, that is, of the angel. - Rev 21 17

When they had crossed, Elijah said to Elisha, “Tell me, what can I do for you before I am taken from you?” “Let me inherit a double portion of your spirit,” Elisha replied. 10 “You have asked a difficult thing,” Elijah said, “yet if you see me when I am taken from you, it will be yours—otherwise, it will not.” - 2 King 2

We have here interesting descriptions. It seems how "measuring" and to be inside "measure" have correct logic and positive need, positive consequence. Of course, if lexically we have correct Bible text. 

Perhaps this is not very easy issue to discuss. So, why not go back to Topic. It is more real (actual) and it's easier to handle with the facts, evidences, proofs.....  :)))

51 minutes ago, Anna said:

It's holy molys of course!

One of my pet expressions.

Around 1960, give or take a few years, there was a New York TV comedian named Soupy Sales who used "Holy Moly!" to good effect. I loved that guy!

2 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

It is five weeks away. That is when the JW schedule of weekly Bible reading hits Revelation 22, and it would be too inconvient to make them start all over again at Genesis.

They won't have finished all the JW CSA court cases by then and victims would lose out. 

No, it will take years to try to repair the damage to the JW Org.  And if only baptised JWs will get saved then the Org will have to be squeaky clean. Dream on.......

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.