The World News Media

All Eight Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses members are now individually named on two New York Child Victims Act case documents

Jack Ryan

9 hours ago, AlanF said:

LOL! Coming from someone who NEVER contributes anything of value, that's rich!

Every word emanating from my keyboard is laden with value. They positively reek with the stuff.

All words from any other source should be disposed of. There is one or two Dilberts from JTR that are pretty good, but other than that.....out to the curb with everything except my posts!

My favorite memory with Alan is when he was carrying on about his atheism and evolution, and I came onboard as Dr. Adhominem or someone to discuss learnedly with him the problem of persuading the rank and file about evolutionary psychology, since there really is no evidence and its little more than wishful evolutionist thinking—to see how long I could pull the scam before he knew he was being had. It went for two or three comments. Of course, it was completely unfair on my part, but he has such a blustering manner and a manifest need to prove himself RIGHT on EVERY SINGLE DETAIL, even those having nothing to do with the thread, that I couldn’t resist.

Call THAT not contributing anything of value?

Now watch him respond that he knew instantly that Dr Adhominem was a fraud, for it is very important to him to NEVER be in the wrong over ANYTHING.

I mean, the guy has a personality that smacks  of waving a red flag before a bull. And he has NO sense of humor. A “juggernaut,” Witness called him. It will be very hard for me to refrain from saying much. I will try my best, but it will be hard. It is a huge consumer of time, so I’m not eager to commit that sin again, and besides, I don’t want to get The Librarian (that old hen) mad at me once more.

• Views 39k
  • Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When speaking with others of a different point of view, it is important to treat them with a modicum of respect. It is important not to taunt and ridicule and insult. Of course, if such is your only o

Good point Srecko. I don't think it's entirely fair to blame the GB for creating a "certain" environment inside congregations though. In fact, (we know everything passes through the GB's hands fo

@Arauna How do you actually know that the GB members  " never personally touched a child (actually too innocent  to comprehend how wicked people can be - too good for this world), " ?  There is i

Posted Images

Look, I like you, and all. I really do. Besides, I owe you for constructive criticism of my books. I share your prioritization of the overall picture and your frustration at some ragged human edges.

So should I play this way? Hmm. Ah, well, I have a touch of OCD. Everyone knows it. I’ll ask for forgiveness later:

Now the day came when the sons of the true God entered to take their station before Jehovah, and Satan also entered among them. Then Jehovah said to Satan:

15 hours ago, JW Insider said:

Haven't seen you around these parts for a while. I  always [remember how you] love a ...debate, wherever [you] could find one. I always appreciated your knowledge...although, you also scare me with your evolution/atheism arguments.

I mean, come on!

There! Now, a couple of caveats. Of course, he is not the devil. Nor is it the whistleblower talk that prompts the characterization. It is the atheism in combination with his relentless opposition—he has spurned and opposes EVERYTHING, not just characters of the past that appear squirrelly. And his plain self-worship, as manifest by his need to correct every little detail....who does THAT remind you of?

Nor, obviously, are you Jehovah—any more than I am. 

https://www.tomsheepandgoats.com/2019/11/oh-no-i-would-never-presume-to-compare-myself-with-the-most-high-god.html

Does it really matter who a person on here is ?  Does it matter if a person uses 10 different 'usernames' ?

If a person can bring some info' to the table that is surely good ?  Then others can confirm or criticise that info. 

But to waffle on about who a person is or is not, what good is that doing any of us ? 

I have a theory that this Forum is run by JW Elders. The purpose of the forum being to study the feelings and actions of JW's, Ex-JW's, Apostates, et al.  Then those Elders report their finding to a superior body, and it may even get to the GB. :) 

But this theory does me no good, nor anyone else, so I will keep it to myself :) .  Coffee time. 

29 minutes ago, 4Jah2me said:

But to waffle on about who a person is or is not, what good is that doing any of us ? 

It sure does my heart good.

30 minutes ago, 4Jah2me said:

I have a theory that this Forum is run by JW Elders. The purpose of the forum being to study the feelings and actions of JW's, Ex-JW's, Apostates, et al. Then those Elders report their finding to a superior body, and it may even get to the GB

Yes, and I am taking diligent notes. I may be a washed-out has-been, but I will rise again!

42 minutes ago, 4Jah2me said:

I have a theory that this Forum is run by JW Elders. The purpose of the forum being to study the feelings and actions of JW's, Ex-JW's, Apostates, et al.

Actually you are completely wrong! The club is ran by an old hen, who got tired of having to listen to all the squabbles and mindless arguments in the chicken coop. She wanted to raise the 'roost' a little higher so she created this, so she could, with the help of some sheep, 'ewesdrop' on some quality human interaction. Actually, to be honest I am not entirely sure about all of this, but one thing I am 100% sure of is that it IS an old hen. TTH says so.

César Chávez said:

11 hours ago, AlanF said:

Quite so. And since they are all truthful (except for Bowen), as opposed to JW leaders and their Writing Department, not believing them is not believing facts.

Do you have any factual, logical reasons not to believe these people? They set forth all manner of indisputable facts. What can you offer?

No! No! No! Don’t try to turn the table. It’s all about you and your accusations and being absolute. I have no one to impress.

I've said several times now: I do not have proof of these things; I have evidence.

If I had proof, a number of Watchtower officials would be in jail.

However, I don’t know if you understand what disclosure means. Maybe you’re not bound by laws, I am.

WTF are you talking about?

Although when Barbara Anderson sued the Watchtower she lost.

She lost because the Tennessee judges were too cowardly to make a ruling that would adversely impact the power of their own religions in the Bible Belt.
The Watchtower Society directed the local elders to disfellowship her, contrary to the Society's stated policy, and that's why she sued the WTS.

How do you know the allegations are false? Did God tell you?

Did he tell you?

He gave me the same kind of information he gives your Governing Body.

No, that's just one piece of evidence. The most solid piece is that the GB saw fit to remove him from the GB and reassign him to duty in the UK. Or do you have information that is more believable than what the GB based their actions on?

Maybe you should dig deeper in your research.

Already done, since I know enough facts to be certain of what I've said.
We will note that you have no contrary information.

Even if Jesus himself gave you that evidence, you most likely would not believe it.

What you're saying, Jesus gave you that solid proof. Are you Joseph Smith?

No, what I'm saying is that you and your JW buddies are so twisted by your cult that you'll believe your cult leaders over even the one you claim to follow.

When you try to nitpick you'd better be sure your nitpicks are on the money. Yours are not. What I said was (note the 's' on the end of 'apologists'):

<< The self-righteous JW apologists on this forum are pitiful. >>

A lesson in English (I think this applies in Spanish, too): A word like "apologists" is plural. Plural words are normally accompanied by "are" not "is". Comprende?
    Read more   

Work on your own grammar mistakes before you criticize someone else.

And here I thought that you had a measure of intelligence.

I made no mistakes. You copy/pasted wrong and somehow dropped the 's' on the end of "apologists". You can't even read now.

TrueTomHarley said:

Every word emanating from my keyboard is laden with value. They positively reek with the stuff.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

My favorite memory with Alan is when he was carrying on about his atheism and evolution, and I came onboard as Dr. Adhominem or someone to discuss learnedly with him the problem of persuading the rank and file about evolutionary psychology, ...

Except that I told you quite clearly that I don't hold with evolutionary psychology, so that all your dumbly critical nonsense was for naught. You refused to accept that.

Call THAT not contributing anything of value?

Absolutely!

Now watch him respond that he knew instantly that Dr Adhominem was a fraud, for it is very important to him to NEVER be in the wrong over ANYTHING.

What you continue confirming is what I've told you before: you're among the dumbest posters I've run across, having little intelligence or reading comprehension. Your responses are usually for the straw men that inhabit your brain, as with your above invention.

12 hours ago, César Chávez said:

What you are saying, witnesses should believe ex-witnesses. How does that make sense? Why should I believe anything an Ex-GB had to say in his book?

For the ear tests words
    as the tongue tastes food.  - Job 34

So, yes. You should believe, if you have ear to test words. :)) 

1 hour ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Of course, he is not the devil. Nor is it the whistleblower talk that prompts the characterization. It is the atheism in combination with his relentless opposition—he has spurned and opposes EVERYTHING, not just characters of the past that appear squirrelly.

OK, I agree that I must have sounded a bit anxious to get feedback from a blatant apostate. I remembered his disdain for all things sacred but forgot that you'll end up trapped in an inextricable whirlwind of words. If you try to get the last word, at least you will probably keep him around long enough to get some good material.

Funny that I see scholarJW's name pop up in the "who's online" box, and each time I think he might be ready with something new on 607/587 in which case, I always expect to learn something when he's challenged by persons like AlanF and Ann Omaly. I'm always anxious to learn, but I think I was too willing to overlook the way he treated you and Arauna last time.

11 minutes ago, JW Insider said:

I always expect to learn something when he's challenged by persons like AlanF and Ann Omaly. I'm always anxious to learn, but I think I was too willing to overlook the way he treated you and Arauna last time.

I know little specifically about any these characters, but I see the name Ann Omaly again. She is one of the three “apostates” from the original “TrueTom vs the Apostates” thread that got me into trouble when I asserted with some ad hominem detail that while were they managed to unite for a common cause, they probably would not be able to stand each other were they to meet in public.

Who is Ann? She is the inspiration for my reclusive @Top Cat O'Malighan character, but I still do not know who she is

39 minutes ago, César Chávez said:
1 hour ago, Srecko Sostar said:

For the ear tests words
    as the tongue tastes food.  - Job 34

So, yes. You should believe, if you have ear to test words. :)) 

Coming from a righteous man.

What shall we conclude then? Do we have any advantage? Not at all! For we have already made the charge that Jews and Gentiles alike are all under the power of sin. 10 As it is written:

“There is no one righteous, not even one;
11     there is no one who understands;
    there is no one who seeks God. -- Rom 3

20 Surely there is no righteous man on earth who does good and never sins. --- Eccl 7

Do you know who is "righteous man"? Do you have unmistakable "nose" for that? :)) Or, Pinocchio effect is visible when "unrighteous individual lies to you"?

By this cited verses i really don't know WHAT sort of people you see as "righteous" and whose words you see as trustful. Jews and Gentiles, Jehovah's Witnesses and non JW's ...all are unrighteous human.

Even those who made efforts to be "righteous" (many times only in their own eyes) sins commonly, most often in words.

:)))

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.