The Librarian

Can Jehovah's Witnesses eat Meatless Burgers at Burger King?

Topic Summary

Created

Last Reply

Replies

Views

The Librarian -
James Thomas Rook Jr. -

Top Posters

The impossible burger contains a couple of oils, also an ingredient that they use in laxatives. and Heme that was discovered using stem cells (human) to replicate the juices in the patty.

On the other side, I’m sure Burger King has a policy to clean the grill between real meat and plant based material.

200.gif

Anyone know if Beyond Meat is the same?

15 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

I checked, and it seems that we ARE in fact allowed to eat meatless hamburgers, but we are NOT allowed to donate blood.

The working theological premise is that before you can be a blood DONOR ... you have to be a blood OWNER.

But you are allowed to use fractions of human blood that other people have donated :) . I thought blood was sort of sacred and belonged to GOD. If so then I would have thought NO ONE has the right to rip it into pieces. So in line with that thought I would think no JW would want to 'steal' blood fractions that actually belong to God. 

However it is possible that the scriptures actually meant not to literally drink blood, as it was the custom at that time. 

52 minutes ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

..... sigh ......

Apparently ... sometimes my jokes are just for me!

Probs' because I'm British and don't understand American humour 

One of the best British jokes I ever heard is:

On a magnificent 1000 hectare estate in England, the Lord of the Manor was out on the meticulously groomed front lawn, under a tree, reclining in a hammock, drinking tea and reading a book, with his butler by his side,

A flying saucer lands on the lawn, a ramp comes down and out walks an alien roughly resembling a cross between a squid, a cockroach, and a chicken, and waving many tentacles he sqiggles over to the Lord of the Manor and says "Take me to your leader."

The Lord of the manor puts down his tea, folds his book, and hands it to his butler and says "My good ...um... person ... you do not need a leader, you need a surgeon".

BWAHAHAHHHAAAAAHAHAHAHA !

• Similar Content

• By LNN
      On Wednesday, Burger King launched a limited edition series of “Real Meals,” along with a commercial and campaign called #FeelYourWay to commemorate Mental Health Awareness Month.
      The boxes are labeled with different moods...and before you read them, just know we would never lie to you. They are Pissed, Blue, Salty, YAAAS, and DGAF. This campaign, touting the phrase “No one is happy all the time,” is clearly a foil for the Happy Meals from rival McDonald’s. But some on social media took issue with the campaign, saying the “moods” don’t capture mental health disorders respectfully.
      Zoom out: This is just the latest in Burger King’s ongoing McDonald’s trolling and general attention-grabbing stunts.
      Morning Brew
    • By Bible Speaks
      The one with faith sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible. 
      20 He said to them: “Because of your little faith. For truly I say to you, if you have faith the size of a mustard grain, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you.”
      (Matthew 17:20)
  • Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    pastel
    Newest Member
    pastel

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.