The World News Media

Bible + Fossil Record Proves God Does Not Exist

AlanF

The argument that “design requires a Supreme Designer” and that that Designer is the God of the Bible has a major flaw: According to 1 John 4:8, 16 “God is love”. As the Creator and Parent of all living things, and as one so lovingly cognizant of every creature that, according to Matthew 10:29:

Two sparrows sell for a coin of small value, do they not? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground without your Father’s knowledge.

The history of the last 550 million years of life, with the constant conflict between predators and prey and all the pain and suffering that history entails, proves unarguably that any postulated Creator is far from loving. A loving Creator, by definition, could not create a world in which the daily lot of so many life forms is to suffer a nature “red in tooth and claw”. Thus, either the God of the Bible is not loving, or he does not exist. Since the Bible says that "God is love", the only logical conclusion is that he does not exist.

An alternative is that there are one or more other sorts of Creators, but it is obvious that none of these are the Bible’s God, and that they are not loving. There might be any number of these sorts of ‘creators’ or ‘gods’, such as a Deistic god who created the universe and then went off to tend to other business, or some entity altogether different. Some Christians assign the word “God” to these; creation by them can be called forms of theistic evolution.

• Views 320
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, Matthew9969 said:

I thought you atheist call that the flying spaghetti monster?

Not at all. While that entity is just as much a candidate as Zeus, Ganesh, or anything else, it's entirely made up in order to poke fun at god-believers.

1 hour ago, Andre Plamondon said:

When you don't pay much attention to what goes on in your life, God can go unnoticed but if you start to notice the coincidences that are always going on, things get interesting.

Here's an obvious one.

Twin Towers Lone Tower.doc 1.08 MB · 1 download

Coincidences are not evidence in favor of God.

Now, can you deal rationally with the argument?

According to scientific knowledge, the entire universe is in two states every day: something becomes and something disappears. Life on Earth is in the same status.

I am disappointed with suffer of creatures on Earth, too. And can't connect with "my picture" of God as i accepted through JW Bible interpretations and my own interpretations, then and now. What if we made wrong pictures about Creator? .... based on wrong or failed text? 

On 11/22/2019 at 9:59 AM, Srecko Sostar said:

I am disappointed with suffer of creatures on Earth, too. And can't connect with "my picture" of God as i accepted through JW Bible interpretations and my own interpretations, then and now. What if we made wrong pictures about Creator? .... based on wrong or failed text? 

Where does anyone get his picture of God other than the Bible? Since the Bible is the basis for all this, and it claims that God is loving, and 'Creation' says he is not, the Bible is wrong about God. Taking this to its logical conclusion, the Bible God does not exist.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.