• 2 years later...

• Views 1.9k
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

*** w1955 7/1 411    Christian Baptism for the New World Society ***  15 A Christian, therefore, cannot be baptized in the name of the one actually doing the immersing or in the name of any man, nor

There seems to be a quiet drift towards removal of any claim of inspiration or infallibility. When the Feb. 2017 Watchtower did this, it must have been for a reason, almost certainly legal.

The main change is this: Old : ... identify you as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses in association with God’s spirit-directed organization? New: ...identifies you as one of Jehovah's Witnesses in ass

Posted Images

The main change is this:
Old : ... identify you as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses in association with God’s spirit-directed organization?

New: ...identifies you as one of Jehovah's Witnesses in association with Jehovah's organization?

This is a really strange move. They are moving away from saying that they are "spirit-directed by God" to simply stating that they are "Jehovah's organization..."

There seems to be a quiet drift towards removal of any claim of inspiration or infallibility.

When the Feb. 2017 Watchtower did this, it must have been for a reason, almost certainly legal. There's no benefit in admitting their lack of Divine direction otherwise, it's a fundamental part of their scam.

What does the Legal Dept. foresee? Is this change designed to steer towards a deeper legal claim of a contract, as against EU regulations?

Just in case this developmental change escaped the notice of JWs:

1955/7/1/411:  A Christian, therefore, cannot be baptized in the name of the one actually doing the immersing or in the name of any man, nor in the name of any organization, but in the name of the Father, the Son and the holy spirit

W 1966/10/1 - We do not dedicate ourselves to a religion, nor to a man, nor to an organization. No, we dedicate ourselves to the Supreme Sovereign of the Universe, our Creator, Jehovah God himself.

1958,1960, 1973 - On the basis of this faith in God and in his provision for salvation have you dedicated yourself unreservedly to God to do his will henceforth as he reveals it to you through Jesus Christ and through the Bible under the enlightening power of the holy spirit? 

1985 - The second is: 
Do you understand that your dedication and baptism identify you as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses in association with God’s
spirit-directed organization

1987 4/15 - Recently the two questions addressed to baptismal candidates were simplified so that candidates could answer with full comprehension of what is involved in coming into intimate relationship with God and his earthly organization.

Simplified for full comprehension of one’s stand taken before God, or before an earthly organization?   It has been a gradual methodical change from what was true in 1955 to 1984, to now baptizing individuals into an idol.  I am clueless why JWs gave this a thumbs up when baptism in the organization has moved completely away from unreservedly dedicating oneself to God to dedication to the organization.    JWs now practice this fully developed lie, with little comprehension of what they are believing, otherwise they would question the change.  Jesus’ command has been stripped down by men and redressed, to “serve/believe the lie”, but which is thoroughly accepted as truth.  2 Thess 2:9-12

Then I saw three unclean spirits like frogs coming from the dragon’s mouth, from the beast’s mouth,(organization) and from the mouth of the false prophet. (GB)  For they are demonic spirits performing signs, who travel to the kings (anointed Rev 1:5) of the whole world to assemble them for the battle on the great day of God, the Almighty. 15 “Look, I am coming like a thief. Blessed is the one who is alert and remains clothed so that he may not go around naked and people see his shame.” 16 So they assembled the kings at the place called in Hebrew, Armageddon.  Rev 16:12-16

13 hours ago, Jack Ryan said:

identifies you as one of Jehovah's Witnesses in association with Jehovah's organization?

This is an improvement

It is absolutely essential that anyone becoming one of Jehovah's Witnesses is informed in advance, and realises what they are letting themselves in for.

They will become a target for defamation, criticism, specific discrimination, and a whole range of insulting and derogatory rhetoric, exemplified by some of the jibing type remarks found even on this site.

As Jesus said: "Happy are you when people reproach you and persecute you and lyingly say every sort of wicked thing against you for my sake." Matt. 5:11.

Matt 5:11 - Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me.

Matt 19:29 - And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life.

Matt 10:39 - Whoever finds their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life for my sake will find it. 

What "life" have many "found" and dare not lose?  

"When we use our time to prepare for God’s new world, are we missing out on a better way of life today? No! Serving Jehovah is the best way of life. 

To prepare for everlasting life in the new world, we need to obey the direction from Jehovah’s organization now. WT 15/8/15  pg 19-20

When anyone rejects this "life",  giving full attention to Jesus and the Father only,  division occurs. 

Luke 12:49 - “I have come to bring fire on the earth, and how I wish it were already kindled! 50 But I have a baptism to undergo, and what constraint I am under until it is completed! 51 Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but division. 52 From now on there will be five in one family divided against each other, three against two and two against three. 53 They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law.”

The division and persecution for following Christ is experienced among God’s people, just as it was in Jesus’ day. Many claim to follow Jesus Christ around the world, but Jesus gives the indication of who is persecuting God's people.  

John 16:2,3 - "They will put you out of the synagogue (“congregation); in fact, the time is coming when anyone who kills (Rev 13:15) you will think they are offering a service to God. They will do such things because they have not known the Father or me."

The synagogue today is where spiritual "Jews"/"Israel" are found.  (Rev 7:4; Rom 9:6; 1 Pet 2:9,10)

Do JWs suffer for Christ’s sake?  No, they suffer on behalf of an organization, but they are taught they suffer because “Jehovah” expects them to have steadfast faith and dedication in an earthly organization under any circumstances. They have created a counterfeit fortress to protect them, instead of relying fully on God.   Dan 11:36-38; Rom 1:25   Those who are ‘put out’ of the congregations for following Christ, are reviled by their own people, in the same way Jesus was.

Matt 11:28-30 - “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble inheart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

Are JWs finding rest as part of “Jehovah’s organization”, or are they experiencing turmoil in nations around the world? 

Ps 106:40-43 -
"Therefore the Lord was angry with his people
    and abhorred his inheritance.
41 He gave them into the hands of the nations,
    and their foes ruled over them.
42 Their enemies oppressed them
    and subjected them to their power.

43 Many times he delivered them,
    but they were bent on rebellion
    and they wasted away in their sin."

The call is to “come out of her, my people”.  Who’s sins are magnified in front of God; those of Christendom, or those of “Jehovah’s organization” where God’s “chosen” anointed people are found captive to empty philosophy, the misguided teachings of a Harlot and a Beast/organization?  Rev 18:4-8; Isa 43:10; 1 Pet 2:5,9; Col 2:8; Rev 13:1,4-10, 11,12,14-17

On 5/5/2019 at 9:47 PM, Jack Ryan said:

The main change is this:
Old : ... identify you as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses in association with God’s spirit-directed organization?

New: ...identifies you as one of Jehovah's Witnesses in association with Jehovah's organization?

This is a really strange move. They are moving away from saying that they are "spirit-directed by God" to simply stating that they are "Jehovah's organization..."

I just went trough some bible verses with word - baptize, baptism. Main point why first Jews going in baptism were; confessing, repenting and washing the sins, believing in Jesus, to gain clear conscience, to be saved, to be buried with Jesus, baptism into Jesus and his death, to be disciples for Jesus.

Well, baptism as such is not part of identification process with outcome, goal to be part of some Organization or Corporation, religious or not religious. 

In near future, and changing of baptism questions in WTJWORG is part of that, baptism will stay on folkloric and symbolic manifestation. New members will soon signing a documents as Factual Contract of membership to Corporation. 

• 10 months later...

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.