The Librarian

• Views 505
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am creating this thread in response to all the non-sequitur replies all the other threads get.  I will try to not care if someone responds with a Turkey recipe or True Tom spams us again. 

I understand the new French military salute is both arms held straight up, with palms forward.

I can understand how you like to have order in Topics and expecting this same from all of us who participating with comments. But people are unpredictable. In their behavior and in their reactions.

29 minutes ago, The Librarian said:

I am creating this thread in response to all the non-sequitur replies all the other threads get. 

I will try to not care if someone responds with a Turkey recipe or True Tom spams us again. 

This is me throwing up my hands. Officially.

arnold schwarzenegger i give up GIF by Jerology

Abort, abort! It’s not too late! Go back to the old. It is time for you to retire your card catalog and move on into the present.

(OR make JWI assign a Dewey Decimal to each comment and run them in parallel that way.)

PS...Does @adminstill think it’s all going up in flames at the end of the year?

You may want to reflect—probably you have already—that while opposers would love such crisp organization—see how 4Jah2Me complains that he cannot get his questions answered—JWs who consider themselves loyal to Jehovah’s organization may not share that enthusiasm. For them, the theme of this forum will be: “Okay, let us accept as a given that the Witness organization is full of BS. Let us open the door that the elders have closed,” 

With a clear insistence of staying “On Topic!” these “loyal” ones can be expected to depart, and then you will have just one more “apostate” website that is a dime-a-dozen, rather than the largest one—the only one that I know of—where there is free give-and-take. I will not patiently stay and “debate” those who oppose, because the organization prefers that we not, and I respect their wishes. I am pushing it as is, but I will not flagrantly violate them, One huge thread negates that concern, but it also makes the entire forum an unwieldy mess.

Seriously, Mr. Librarian. It is not so bad as it is, even if if violates your sense of order. The fix might well prove to be the monkey wrench that renders the whole machine into a pile of scrap.

16 minutes ago, The Librarian said:

I am creating this thread in response to all the non-sequitur replies all the other threads get. 

I will try to not care if someone responds with a Turkey recipe or True Tom spams us again. 

This is me throwing up my hands. Officially.

I can understand how you like to have order in Topics and expecting this same from all of us who participating with comments. But people are unpredictable. In their behavior and in their reactions.

I guess how in this expectations of your and in own plans about how to run people's thoughts You made scale too high. Because, as you see by yourself, that requires nerves of steel.

You done well to give up of futile idea. :))

Greetings! 

19 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

PS...Does @adminstill think it’s all going up in flames at the end of the year?

No. Google came up with a fix from their side for which I am sure they are not happy about.

30 minutes ago, The Librarian said:

I can ask the developers if they have some ideas on threaded replies again... but why do I doubt it?

15 minutes ago, admin said:

No. Google came up with a fix from their side for which I am sure they are not happy about.

Good. I hoped they would.

15 minutes ago, admin said:

I can ask the developers if they have some ideas on threaded replies again... but why do I doubt it?

The Librarian gets mad if I like to my blog too much. Most of my posts on controversial matters I have also posted here, word-for-word. I would gladly link to them here, and not on my blog, if i could find them. The closest option I see here is a “Content I Started” tab, which includes every comment on any thread I started. If there was one with just the headings themselves, that is the tab that I would use.

She may think I am trying to swipe her participants—it is a reasonable concern. I am not. My comment section expires quickly, I have made it non-existent where that is an issue, and I do not allow much commentary in the first place, certainly not debate. I cite my posts there and not here only because I find it easier to do so.

41 minutes ago, admin said:

Why would they not be happy about a fix that they came up with themselves?

Quote @TrueTomHarley  “Okay, let us accept as a given that the Witness organization is full of BS. "

Please explain in simple terms what exactly BS means. 

Quote "see how 4Jah2Me complains that he cannot get his questions answered "

Does that make me an opposer, just asking questions ?  

Quote "I will not patiently stay and “debate” those who oppose, because the organization prefers that we not... "

My Harley, you are so brainwashed by the Org that you do not know an opposer from someone who gives facts about the GB and the JW Org. 

As an example, which as been used many times, the GB said it was opposers / apostates that had made up stories about CSA. And when anyone gives genuine details about faults in the GB and it's Org, the one giving the details (whistleblower) is called an opposer / apostate. 

So it gives you and the rest of the JW org an excuse not to talk to such ones. However if you do not debate then it is you that is losing out. 

On 11/29/2019 at 1:57 PM, 4Jah2me said:

My Harley, you are so brainwashed by the Org that you do not know an opposer from someone who gives facts about the GB and the JW Org. 

There has never been an opposer of anything who says: “I am opposing because I am a liar.” Always they are the revealer of “facts.”

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.