Replies

Views

Arauna -
JW Insider -

Top Posters

Arauna said:

23 minutes ago, Anna said:

predators were created with eyes that look ahead so they could

Animals today do this because they are best suited to fill this gap in this system of things. It does not mean they were originally created to be predators.

Oh, so some animals just decided to eat meat, rearranged their teeth and lots of other apparatus, redesigned their digestive systems, and installed new, predatory instincts.
Do you have the faintest idea how ludicrous your claims are?

2 hours ago, JW Insider said:

the dinosaurs died out about 4,400 years ago?

They have found dinosaur bones together with other animals in the large grave yards...... so I will not say it is impossible.

What "grave pits"? Provide source references. Your memory is crap.

JW Insider said:

17 minutes ago, Arauna said:

Animals today do this because they are best suited to fill this gap in this system of things. It does not mean they were originally created to be predators.

I'm a bit confused then. The eyes of both predators and prey didn't being moving (evolving?) until after Adam's fall, 6,050 or more years ago??

That's what she's saying, although she's too stupid to know it.

31 minutes ago, Arauna said:

They have found dinosaur bones together with other animals in the large grave yards...... so I will not say it is impossible.

I tried to find some of that info and Google led me to

https://www.genesispark.com/exhibits/evidence/paleontological/modern-fossils-with-dinos/

Note that this is another young-earth creationist website, and suffers from most of the usual problems: most of the sources are hopelessly out of date (1945, 1966), the arguments leave out important facts, etc. -- pretty much the same dishonesty as you find in Watchtower literature.

One problem is that this showed up:

In 2005 researchers in China identified a small dinosaur known as Psittacosaurus amongst the stomach region of a fossilized furry mammal that resembled a Tasmanian devil. (Hu, Y. et al., “Large Mesozoic Mammals Fed on Young Dinosaurs,” Nature: 433, 2005, pp. 149-152.) To find such an advanced predatory mammal came as a surprise to these researchers. The evolutionists had long maintained that the only mammals alive at the time of the dinosaurs were very small, like the supposed human ancestor that resembled a squirrel!

Recent fossil discoveries have shown that there were a lot more types of mammals living before the dinosaurs died out. All were no bigger than a raccoon, and most were the size of a mouse. That appears to be true all the way back to when relatively modern mammals appeared toward the end of the Triassic Period, around 200-220 million years ago.

Nothing in this article could show that some of these other animals ONLY lived in "modern" times,

Right. But the article clearly tried to give the impression that fully modern mammals and birds lived with the dinosaurs.

which takes us right back to the problem of animals eating other animals.

Which goes back half a billion years.

Arauna said:

18 minutes ago, JW Insider said:

a bit confused then. The

Yes you may be confused.... my answer was brief.

Less complimentary terms are warranted.

Animals were created in a certain way and remained that way.... ate what they were created to eat ... .but after the flood some of them turned to a different diet than before......

You know this how?

because plants, availability and climate changed......and their size could have become smaller too because the abundance and sources, that they were best suited for, changed (the entire earth is now under duress Rom 😎

Ah, 10,000x sped up evolution in action!

After the flood, some animals were then more suited to hunting since their previous source of food was no longer there.

Yes, they just magically decided to change themselves. LOL!

They filled a niche. Eyes that look forward or can see in the dark are more suited to hunting.  They also use teeth that previously could have torn large plants.

T-Rex teeth are not suitable for eating vegetation. There are plenty of examples of ancient animals whose teeth are clearly made for eating vegetation.

After the flood not all animals would have made suitable predators. Jehovah allowed those who would not have survived after the flood to die.  

According to Hezekiah chapter 23? Or what?

12 hours ago, JW Insider said:

My mother believes that Satan, who keeps transforming himself into an angel of light, was given powers/permission to hide fossils in whatever places he wished to cause confusion and division. (Perhaps a hint of this in Satan's argument over Moses' body in Jude 9.)

Who do you think started the evolution scheme if not from a self-made God? However, not knowing the strength of the oceans current in the flood that science can't prove or disprove, deposit of materials can be logically inferred throughout the world.

1 minute ago, César Chávez said:

Who do you think started the evolution scheme if not from a self-made God?

Do you think that's a solution, though? Positing that Satan deposited these fossils to trick us would certainly explain some things, but it also seems like a stretch to me.

14 minutes ago, César Chávez said:

However, not knowing the strength of the oceans current in the flood that science can't prove or disprove, deposit of materials can be logically inferred throughout the world.

It's a bit like me claiming that I can lift 100 tons, and then sticking by that claim just because you can't prove that I can't. I already believe that evolutionists can't prove all their claims, but it would be nice if there were some evidence of this depositing that could not be explained better in other ways. For that matter, the fact that so many areas of the world still have UNdisturbed layers of sediment bothers me.

1 hour ago, JW Insider said:

Do you think that's a solution, though? Positing that Satan deposited these fossils to trick us would certainly explain some things, but it also seems like a stretch to me.

The way I would characterize it is by looking at the evidence. While science can only speculate on the power of God, creation can define it. This would suggest that when God ended existence with the flood as scripture indicates, Genesis 7:10 water arose from the ground as well as the heavens. What power did God use to force inward water out? Any material within that power could be deposited elsewhere. 2 Peter 3:5

If Satan was willing to give Jesus all the kingdoms of this world? There is no telling how much power Satan had to influence the need to see a different structure for man’s creation if not by evolution.

6 minutes ago, César Chávez said:

Genesis 7:10 water arose from the ground as well as the heavens. What power did God use to force inward water out? Any material within that power could be deposited elsewhere. 2 Peter 3:5

OK. I have long believed this explains a goo part of the issues. The Flood has been pointed to for a lot of things. I just have never made the time to study the evidence. I'm sure a worldwide flood would be expected to create a lot of shifting and catastrophic changes. We've even made claims (like Young Earth Creationists) that the pre-Flood atmosphere would have allowed less of certain types of dangerous radiation in, and that the post-Flood radiation would somehow have changed Carbon 14 dating accuracy. I don't think we ever figured out a scientific way this was possible though.

41 minutes ago, JW Insider said:

OK. I have long believed this explains a goo part of the issues. The Flood has been pointed to for a lot of things. I just have never made the time to study the evidence. I'm sure a worldwide flood would be expected to create a lot of shifting and catastrophic changes. We've even made claims (like Young Earth Creationists) that the pre-Flood atmosphere would have allowed less of certain types of dangerous radiation in, and that the post-Flood radiation would somehow have changed Carbon 14 dating accuracy. I don't think we ever figured out a scientific way this was possible though.

It would depend on how clear the atmosphere was back then as compared to now. I would say, today’s world is exposed to more radiation than back then, if we don't anticipate God’s power that also includes radiation as part of his power and was not in use.

All calculations are man made. It would have to be acceptable if God receded the waters by force. Pressure with radio particles could yield different carbon dating.

If science could separate the pre-flood oceans, science could determine by mineral deposits what kind of catastrophic the flood event was. It would also conclude which new oceans were made by the flood. The unfortunate thing, early man was not interested in measuring earth events to use as a guide to for modern man. Now archeology is based on mathematical computations driven by man’s history. The universe is surmised by man’s computation. Science has never been clear as to a good starting point to give such calculations, a degree of absolute certainty.

If we accept intelligent design, then what prompted a void to explode which is now the Big Bang theory? If by that explosion, microbes began to form, why didn’t it sustain life closer to that event? Instead, those microbes traveled billions of miles in order to stick to a tiny galaxy surpassing all others. If Astronomy has found what appears to be suns in another part of the universe, why didn’t those microbes settle there? The first thing, how did a microbe began from nothing? There has to be a starting point to intelligent design. Thus giving an acceptable outcome to evolution. All those materials are made by God. God's power that can cause a rock to melt, along with pressure could conclude a younger universe than what man claims.

1 hour ago, César Chávez said:

All calculations are man made. It would have to be acceptable if God receded the waters by force. Pressure with radio particles could yield different carbon dating.

Bingo!   Most of the evolution dates of rocks assume perfect conditions like in a lab.... in other words - no contamination. They also assume that rocks were formed without any of the daughter isotopes around- which affects the age dating of the rock.   They also assume "goldilocks conditions" on earth - which is impossible.

1 hour ago, César Chávez said:

The first thing, how did a microbe began from nothing? There has to be a starting point to

Mathematically it is impossible.  Billions upon billions of "beneficial" changes by chance just to build the orderly "  factories" within the cell. Separate DNA in the mitochondria..... and a membrane to hold it all in place so the contents does not dissipate.  Without a membrane the first cell would not exists because the chemical nano particles  will dissipate in the watery soup.

2 hours ago, JW Insider said:

The Flood has been pointed to for a lot of things.

Those massive birds (dinosaurs) could fly in the atmosphere we had here on earth before the flood.  Major changes were brought about by the flood - much greater than we can imagine.    But evolutionists do not except the event - so it is not in their "goldilocks" calculations.  Lab conditions are perfect but nature is not.  

Creationists point to events such as an extreme flooding event in America in 18th century where the sediment built up suddenly during the flood and it looks similar to that if the Grand Canyon.  Now that is evidence in real time!  But this evidence is not good enough for evolutionists..... they prefer  experiments in perfect lab conditions and fake dates.

Creationists also point to the incorrect dating of major recent events such as Vesuvius volcanic eruption.    Dates come back from labs which are billions of years - yet we know the date of these catastofic events as recent.   There are many many examples of this around.  It is the method of calculation and "faulty"  assumptions before the dates are calculated.  

So yes, if one listens to evolutionists - their postulations is a reality and they are "scientific".  But bring them contrary recent evidence from real time - modern times -  and you are a "moronic" creationist.  Does that sound like they are running after ego or the truth? 

4 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Those mathematicians are almost ALL creationists.

Many are!  ......... especially if the understand the structure of the cell.   Have you ever asked yourself the question: why?   

7 hours ago, AlanF said:

some animals just decided to eat meat, rearranged their teet

As an evolutionist you disappoint me...... what about adaption to new diet like Darwins finches? ?  They use the same teeth, same eyes they used before but now go after a new diet because they can....

7 hours ago, AlanF said:

grave pits"? Provide source references

America itself has two great gullies that are hundreds of miles long - full of  dinosaur bones.  Probably pushed in there by the flood...... you will know about this if you read some creationist material.  As I said before...... it is what the evolutionists don't tell you and keep quiet about - that is really the important info. 

7 hours ago, AlanF said:

10,000x sped up evolution in action!

No proof of goldilocks conditions on earth .... evolution can only happen in a lab.... there are natural disasters in real nature such as flooding etc.  Food sources disappear or change - remember Darwin?  His little birdies changed their diet.... and back again when the food source changed.  

7 hours ago, AlanF said:

teeth are not suitable for eating vegetation.

Not the plants we have today ..........  and don't even try and say - where is the evidence that different plants existed or that plants did not grow more lush before the flood.   There was much more water and the earth must have been like an ideal hothouse  why?  The dinosaurs which ate plants must have had an abundance (tons)  of plant food per day to feed those massive bodies. Usually large animals are plant eating such as elephants,  rhino,  hippo's...... and this us from my own  scientific "observation "  by looking at what is around me right now!  Lions, wolves are not as large as elephants.  So yes, T-rex could have used those teeth to eat fibrous plant material...... maybe even holding it with those little claws.  Now there is postulation for you but based on evidence around us today! 

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.