Topic Summary

Created

Last Reply

Replies

Views

TrueTomHarley -
Matthew9969 -

Top Posters

I can’t imagine why anyone would downvote that, @4Jah2me—I really can’t. I mean, there is hardly anything that is controversial.

For that matter, it is beyond me why anyone would downvote anything. 

When I make a comment that takes a shot at some villain (as this one does not) it is understood that he is not going to like it.

33 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

I can’t imagine why anyone would downvote that, @4Jah2me—I really can’t. I mean, there is hardly anything that is controversial.

For that matter, it is beyond me why anyone would downvote anything. 

When I make a comment that takes a shot at some villain (as this one does not) it is understood that he is not going to like it.

Just for the pure stupid length of it all My Harley.  I only read half. It has no real benefit to any of us. 

It's just like reading a kids bedtime story when we need real important spiritual FACTS. 

• Similar Content

• By TrueTomHarley
      You get much credit for this profound and obviously true statement.
      You lose it all for this stupid one. Of course they pay one. 
      “Besides those things of an external kind, there is what rushes in on me from day to day, the anxiety for all the congregations.  Who is weak, and I am not weak? Who is stumbled, and I am not incensed?” 2 Corinthians 11:28
      The greatest penalty is the one that we impose on themselves. To insist that this “penalty” was fully at work with Paul and NOT the Christian leadership of today is to impart motives and appoint yourself the judge. Didn’t you say that you were above such things? 
      Ah...yes....here it is:
      I admire your hangdog toughness on certain things—I really do—but much of your presence here is proclaiming that you will not “somehow punish them,” but praying that SOMEBODY would. Much of your presence is clearly vindictive.
      Much of your presence here is the plain wish to settle scores, the plain manifestation of the grudge to end all grudges.
      If it had the same draw, Anna and I would sell tickets to that.
    • By TrueTomHarley
      @James Thomas Rook Jr. is such a wuss. We all know it.
      Given how, at the drop of a pin, he lauds Trump to the high heavens, and given how Alan is unambiguous in denouncing that luminary, @Anna and I thought we had front row seats for the battle of the century! They are both pugnacious. Neither knows the meaning of holding back in the slightest detail. How could we go wrong?
      We sold tickets to the event. We lined up vendors. We had programs printed. And what happens?
      A LOVEFEST! “You have never disappointed me, James,” Alan coos.
      It has cost us serious money in refunds—and I had most of my money spent pampering Mrs. Harley!
      WELL, IT IS NOT HAPPENING AGAIN!!!!
      ”Man-induced climate warming” is a problem that “may well” end the world, Alan says—and WHO has raged on and on that global warming is a HOAX to fool the GULLIBLE sheeple for the sake of left-wing politics, the politics that Alan adores? JTR - THAT’S who. By all rights, this ought to be the mother of all wars, even greater than the Trump/no-Trump war!
      But he punted on that war!
      He will punt on this one, too—the big wuss. Anna, keep your counsel to yourself! I am NOT going to print up tickets, again.

• By TrueTomHarley
      Each morning Todd would drive to the overlook so as to watch the sunrise. Toward the end of our stay, I began to accompany him. He would say things about God's timetable being precise, and so forth.
      He would pull up with a minute or two to spare, watch the sunrise launch safely through his windshield, then drive back to where he came from. It doesn't take long for me to run with something like this and pad it a little (or a lot).
      For example: It is actually his job to put the sun up every day, just like the company custodian was entrusted to raise the flag every day, (when they cared about such things and didn't leave it up continually as it flapped itself to shreds) and I could take an overcast day as proof that he had slept in that day. And if he didn't raise it 'right' in the morning, it might wobble all day - be a little surly, or refuse to go down on time, or go down too early, or cause the sea to sizzle when it sank.
      It is a great meme, and I think it will be a permanent one with him. But I can't really do it in front of him, though. He doesn't get mad. He doesn't refuse it. But he doesn't quite know what to make of it. He pushes it away, for it seems to suggest to him that he is being made to look like God, raising and setting the sun. Yes, he knows it is a joke. But his inherent modesty is too much for him to join in the humor. Or maybe it is only me who thinks it is funny and it constitutes more evidence that I live in my own oddball world.
      Photo: Little Gasperilla sunrise
  • Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    pastel
    Newest Member
    pastel

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.