The World News Media

The Watchtower and the Colored people

Jack Ryan

46 minutes ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

Lighten up! ... you will live a LOT longer.

Unless I am very mistaken (and what are the chances of that?) she is the one more suited to counsel you as to how to live longer.

She is older than you as it is, and she was not afraid to take on Alan the Obnoxious. You ran like a scared rabbit even when your two favorite subjects, Trump and global warming, came up on the docket.

• Views 1.9k
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Probably the most superficial posting here on this forum because there is no concept of historical context.   Always placing old articles and using modern laws and attitudes to  defame Jws In Sou

.... and with that .... I rest my case.

For your reading pleasure this fine Tuesday afternoon. Today’s Watchtower articles come from the pen of our former and only loving Pastor, Charles Taze Russell and one quote from the 1932 Year Book of

Posted Images

10 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

You make a quote from the movie "Cool Hand Luke", and missed "Shakin' the bushes boss"?

I think I didn’t miss a thing. You are either doing something unmentionable or you are making your escape—and not a moment too soon.

Besides, I just made that line up myself. If it turns out that movie plagiarized it, they’ve got a major lawsuit on their hands.

Quote  @Arauna  " Probably the most superficial posting here on this forum because there is no concept of historical context.   Always placing old articles and using modern laws and attitudes to  defame Jws "

Historical concept :-   Acts 10 v 34 & 35. 

34  At this Peter began to speak, and he said: “Now I truly understand that God is not partial, 35  but in every nation the man who fears him and does what is right is acceptable to him.

Add to this that :- Act 5 v 9
Berean Literal Bible
But Peter and the apostles answering said, "It is necessary to obey God rather than men.

Now put those two together and you will get.

If we are to serve GOD properly we must treat all people, of any colour, equally, because this is what God tells us to do. Even if it means disobeying the laws of men. 

ANYONE guided by Holy Spirit would have known what was the right and wrong of it all. 

Stop making excuses for the Bible Students and early Witnesses. 

9 hours ago, 4Jah2me said:

Historical concept :-   Acts 10 v 34 & 35. 

34  At this Peter began to speak, and he said: “Now I truly understand that God is not partial, 35  but in every nation the man who fears him and does what is right is acceptable to him.

After reading this verse (and not for the first time) you used, some sort of new light come on me :)))

In it i see basic for concept how you not need one particular organized religion that will collect people who are acceptable to him. 

Verse said: but in every nation. 

Various people living in various nations. And as individuals they accepting or rejecting social normative of people around them (nation aka religion aka political ideology etc). That is not easy, as we all know. But verse say, who fears him and does what is right. This is very simplified explanation on theme: who is acceptable to god. But it is in level of what Jesus explained too: Love god, love neighbor. Nothing about complicated theology, interpretations, doctrines, instructions, clarifications ......

I like it how this two declarations, from Peter and Jesus, are in harmony :))..... it must be, looks like - "Simplified Edition" for beginners :)))

In considering the thread topic "The Watchtower and the Colored people", how do you define "colored people"?

I, am caucasian, but am kinda pinkish, tan color.

Are we talking about everybody except Albinos, who are as white as a marshmallow?

... and if we label everybody "green people" to avoid discriminatory language, do the light green people get to sit in the front of the bus?

On 12/11/2019 at 10:36 AM, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

label everybody "green people" to

We had a joke in SA - the light green people must please sit in the back of the bus......

In South Africa we use the term 'coloured' in different way than USA.   Historically we had a group of people (since inception of SA 370 years ago) who were a mix between black and white and they spoke the European language Dutch.  So they were officially not black and not white.  To the whites they were never white enough and for the black people not black enough. 

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.