The World News Media

Interesting new occupation.....there must be a demand for them?

The Librarian

• Views 1k
  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's me in the picture:😉 I called in a favor and asked the Society to reduce my competition by running the following statement in the Watchtower: *** w18 April p. 30 par. 2 Questions From

The one exception is my sweatshirt reserved for special occasions sporting the logo      Supplemented with a small image at lower right of a hen  

Everything comes to him who has the patience to wait ... and hustles while he waits ! I hope he does well in his entrepreneurship.  

Posted Images

This whole thing seems a little weird to me. Not so much the ball caps, but why the JW no blood badge? I looks like some kind of political statement to me. How will people understand it? Is it some kind of protest against bloodshed? Or it's similar to gay people pushing their lifestyle with rainbow "regalia". Most people know we don't take blood. Why make it an issue? It might be that people seeing this will wonder what it's about and might be curious enough to visit the website. Still, I don't think this is a good way to get them there. My opinion.

And whats that tongue about?

1 hour ago, 4Jah2me said:

It's all becoming big business

I think you have to stretch it to say the kid is “big business.”

1 hour ago, 4Jah2me said:

It's quite funny to see people making money from the JW org. 

This is a kid who hustles, and @James Thomas Rook Jr.is not wrong to give him an attaboy. Still, jw.org itself would not countenance it. They are on record as to how they feel about use of their copywrited images. To be sure, they probably have bigger fish to fry.

To me it is distasteful to wear anything like that—I am not a billboard. Still, people are like that everywhere and there is no sense in making a big issue over it. Look at how many people wear logos of commercial products or their favorite team.

That's me in the picture:😉

I called in a favor and asked the Society to reduce my competition by running the following statement in the Watchtower:

*** w18 April p. 30 par. 2 Questions From Readers ***
Others have used material from our publications or our jw.org logo in advertisements, on products offered for sale, and in mobile device apps. By securing copyright and trademark protection, we have a legal basis to prevent such misuse. (Prov. 27:12) But if we knowingly allow people, even our brothers, to post our digital content on other sites or to use the jw.org trademark to sell merchandise, the courts may not support our efforts to deter opposers and commercial enterprises.

For non-JWs I also have a line of engraved plaques with some excellent engraved pictures around the edges. They say:

"Thou shalt not make any graven images."

Oh, and I also sell laminated copies of the April 2018 Question From Readers, quoted above.

26 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Still, jw.org itself would not countenance it. They are on record as to how they feel about use of their copywrited images. To be sure, they probably have bigger fish to fry.

It is my understanding that the U.S. Trademark Office denied them a "copyright", actually a registered trademark, for two reasons:

1) Somebody else already had a trademark registered that was JW.com, or something like that, and

2.) The logo was too generic.

So, unless they have changed something since I last checked, somewhere around four years ago, legally, their preferences do not  matter.... at least for the JW.ORG in the blue square.

15 minutes ago, Matthew9969 said:

It would be interesting to see some wearing one of those hats while also wearing a cross necklace.

Maybe there can be a pin that say's....jw.org, I'm disfellowshipped

Yes it would be a good one to wear into a KH where you are not known, so that no one would speak to you. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New comment :- 

@TrueTomHarley I think you have to stretch it to say the kid is “big business.”

I was referring more to @Arauna 's comment about all the other merch' 

Check this one out. 

https://www.bennettcards.co.uk/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIy67Gm_a_5gIVTbDtCh33KQ1qEAAYASAAEgLzgvD_BwE

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.