Matthew9969

• Views 1.2k
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Merry Christmas everyone, I will be worshipping the Almighty God and His son tomorrow as I do everyday. And I will be so glad it's over cause I can't stand Christmas music.

Today’s Twitter gem from @rhetorical_rory: lest we forget, the true meaning of christmas eve is sneaking up on one's enemies in the dead of night and slitting their throats 🙏🏼  

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Matthew9969 said:

Merry Christmas everyone, I will be worshipping the Almighty God and His son tomorrow as I do everyday. And I will be so glad it's over cause I can't stand Christmas music.

This reminds me of a truly old Italian woman that I met ages ago. She brought the subject up, and I answered that, actually, Jesus was not born on that day.

”Yes he was,” she hurled back at me. “at midnight!”

There are plenty of reasons why “It’s a Wonderful Life,” which first premiered in 1946, is still considered to be one of the most popular Christmas films of all time.

The beloved drama, directed by Frank Capra, tells the story of an angel named Clarence (Henry Travers) who is sent from heaven to help George Bailey (James Stewart), a desperately frustrated businessman on the verge of suicide. Clarence then shows George what life would really have been like if he had never existed.

It's a Wonderful Life.jpg

The black-and-white classic has become a staple during the holiday season and is still recognized as one of Stewart’s most iconic films.

This is a story board of the new version, by The American Snow Chickens of the USA, to start production in 2020.

2019-12-25_210355.jpg

2019-12-25_210141.jpg

2019-12-25_210303.jpg

Yeah, but it is embarrassingly ( for Matther9969 ) obvious, and sets the stage for OTHER fun absurdities. If he wants to undress himself in public, I have no objections.  Might be good for a laugh.

..... reminds me of that legendary old Olympic great competitor, of Russian Roulette fame, "Ol' Doubleclick", who has been in a coma since 2004.

@Matthew9969 Christmas is not a Christian holiday and or tradition. Jesus gave us only one command in which we celebrate, his Memorial.

Santa Claus, Yule Trees, etc has nothing to do with Jehovah or Jesus.

Wise up, amigo.

8 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

Yeah, but it is embarrassingly ( for Matther9969 ) obvious, and sets the stage for OTHER fun absurdities. If he wants to undress himself in public, I have no objections.  Might be good for a laugh.

..... reminds me of that legendary old Olympic great competitor, of Russian Roulette fame, "Ol' Doubleclick", who has been in a coma since 2004.

Jajajaja. You know some activist did that a while back in New York in public. The police didn't know how to catch the guy because he kept running away until he fell.

10 hours ago, Matthew9969 said:

Another myth I heard about Christmas was slicing the vein of your jw spouse and drinking their blood while sacrificing her unborn child to tammuz. Merry Christmas jw's. Who ever wrote little drummer boy is for sure gonna die by Jehovah's judgment.

Yep quite ridiculous for sure, just like the jw's belief in all these other Christmas pagan gods actually exist and are more powerful than the real Almighty God.

No false god is powerful than Yahweh, the problem is is the fact people pay homage to these Gods and or turn a false tradition into something that it is not, therefore makes one defensive and or become an agent of Satan, and or someone of this world. Even before the JWs existed, Christians held a STRONG stance against paganism.

If the Apostles knew about false gods and spoke against them, and the traditions that connect to them, why is it a lukewarm mainstreamer like you cannot get that through your thick skull?

Video citation(s):

To quote a fellow Christian who made a strong point:

As Christmas [or Xmas], Jesus was never born on Dec. 25th. Christmas only became a holiday due to the actions of the Romans and their integrated paganism regarding spirits and a list of other things. Jesus' day of birth is unknown, however, due to a number of evidence we find in the Bible, it is most likely that Jesus was born around Autumn [Fall Season].

We know this because of the month of Ethanim, as 1 Kings 8:2 states

[All the Israelites came together to King Solomon at the time of the festival in the month of Ethanim, the seventh month.]

It is the name of the 7th month of the Jewish sacred (religious Hebrew) calendar and the 1st month of the secular calendar (Civil). It ran from mid-September to mid-October (Autumn Season/Tishri-Heshvan). After the Jews’ return from Babylon, it was called Tishri.

Clearly the Dec. 25th date is not true because Dec. would call under the month of Tebeth. Whereas once after the exile of the Babylonians, the name of the 10th month of the Jewish sacred (religious Hebrew) calendar and the 4th month of the secular calendar (Civil), it runs from mid-December to mid-January (Tebeth-Shebat). We know of it being identified as the 10th month because of this verse, Esther 2:16

[So Esther was taken unto king Ahasuerus into his house royal in the tenth month, which is the month Tebeth, in the seventh year of his reign.]

Deut. 16:13, and Leviticus 16:29, 23: 34 also points to other events of this month such as The Blast of Trumpets, Day of Atonement, The Festival of Booths and the Solemn Assembly in those days, moreover, Tishri is the end of summer days into Autumn, and it is not cold unlike Tebeth, granted shepherds and their flocks were out in the fields.

Regarding Christ Jesus, The registration that took place was not done in the Winter. Not too long before Mary conceived Jesus, Caesar Augustus had declared a decree ordering all the inhabits to be registered in a census of some sort. Everyone had to register in his and or her own city of origin, which might have required for some to partake in long travels in order to complete such a task, which may result in days and or perhaps a week or more (Luke 2:1-3).

This command from Caesar Augustus also places into the support of taxation and other things. It is unlikely that Augustus would have told the people and his own subjects to, even by force, to make long trips during the cold temperature and conditions in the winter. I had also stated the Shepherds were already in the fields, outdoors, granted we see this in Luke 2:8.

Plus this should be quite obvious to you if you count backwards, from his death - in the spring of the year 33 C.E. (John 19:14-16) Jesus was about 30 years of age when he began his ministry of preaching the gospel, which was about 3 and a half years so doing the math, his birth falls somewhere around the Fall (Autumn) of 2 BCE (Luke 3:23).

So there is no evidence whatsoever about Jesus being born on Dec. 25th, Christmas Day.

Christmas was only celebrated and the date was made known due to church leaders of old, and this day consist of pagan Roman festivities and practices, as is the celebration and birthday of the Sun God, Saturnalia (Dies Natalis Solis Invicti, and or Birthday of the Unconquered Sun), whereas the observances include Public sacrifice and banquet for the god Saturn; universal wearing of the Pileus, as is, The Winter Solstice. This also stems into the territory of Artemis (Diana) worship, granted we know (not you obviously) the history of this false goddess and her Temple that was originally in Ephesus.

God does not approve of such customs if they come from false religions and it’s practices, and it is against Bible teachings. (Matthew 15:6).

A fun fact would be Christians in the mid-1600s had banned Christmas because they knew it was un-Christian, moreover, The early Church Document otherwise known as the Teachings of the Apostles (which you still cannot name) does not alluded and or even contribute to the idea of Christmas practices.

You can trick the common imperfect man, but you cannot trick God.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.