The World News Media

WHY .... doesn't Jehovah God consider warfare ... murder?

James Thomas Rook Jr.

13 minutes ago, Arauna said:

The only pre-emptive war Israel participated in was the " cleansing " of the promised land.  This was an execution of a judgment bymeans of Israel upon wicked peoples who burnt their children in fire and had atrocious sexual behaviours. God promised that Abraham's children would be given this land  but their error must first come to it's full measure.

This was not murder because jehovah does not murder.  These pagans paid for their gross error.  Just like Sodom &  Gomorra - this was not murder but a judgment because it came from jehovah.

Out of question did ALL people and children in "promised land" was so wicked and have to be killed or to be given a second, third or fourth chance to regenerate and stay alive (appendix*), I would like to comment this side of issue. God is absolutely Justice and Mercy. In that aspect His angels-warriors are able to done such task of "killing" wicked people. Or not? Did Noah flood was done with help of angels or by some other proces that God himself put in work?

If His angels already had experience in bloodshed of wicked, why God found how His chosen people, human, had to learn how to kill, to learn to be organized in killing process and war tactics. Why He want that minds of this Israelite (soldier) be drag into dark side of human psyche. Beside this, warriors on battle field were not been able to bring "correct judgement" about who "deserve" to stay alive and who not, because "cleansing of the promised land" was not only battle in which Israel was involved through history.    

*appendix 

It is also interesting how all was about taking a land, more than about "wickedness" of people who already lived in "promised land". Because in many periods before and after this particular issue, God showing endless patient and mercy with all people, individuals and nations around the world, no matter how wicked they was/are.  

• Views 4.5k
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jesus changed everything.  The law was a ' tutor' to christ.   So now we must love our neighbours as he did.  He gave his life for his friends  - we must be able to do the same.  If I love you in

Well, it doesn’t entirely fit, but the speaker yesterday drew the following contrast between knowledge and understanding: Knowledge: a tomato is a fruit Understanding: Don’t put it in a frui

I'm just glad I live in England. I hope this is far enough away from James and his house full of weapons. Hope he doesn't get his hands on missiles.  But seriously though, a country that starts a

Posted Images

On 2/22/2020 at 11:50 AM, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

LOT of valuable Real Estate.

Babylon had land, Nineveh had land, Elam had land and so did other nations which God had judged.  The land was not the focus for punishment but the wicked people......  I wonder sometimes if you ever take jehovah or the bible seriously.  You are not just condescending towards people but even towards God.  Do you take anything seriously????  

10 minutes ago, Arauna said:

Babylon had land, Nineveh had land, Elam had land and so did other nations which God had judged.  The land was not the focus for punishment but the wicked people......  I wonder sometimes if you ever take jehovah or the bible seriously.  You are not just condescending towards people but even towards God.  Do you take anything seriously????  

Did the Jesus own land?  Did the apostles invest in land?  Or, did they provide for the poor among them; even selling their possessions to do so?

"No one puts a piece of unshrunk cloth on an old garment; for the patch pulls away from the garment, and the tear is made worse. 17 Nor do they put new wine into old wineskins, or else the wineskins  break, the wine is spilled, and the wineskins are ruined. But they put new wine into new wineskins, and both are preserved.”  Matt 9:16,17

But there are those who say, "The old is better".  Luke 5:39

53 minutes ago, Arauna said:

As i try to tell in previous comment: If God is interested to "punish" wickedness of all kind, or only few that are worst of all other, than He will have daily work. And not only about evil people in "promised land". Many people, before and after Israel entered in "promised land", did same or similar disgusting things. But God did not intervene. Why? 

Well, Israel people not killed all those people because, or only because they are wicked, but because they lived in "promised land". After occupying the land, the Israelites never went on a mission to eradicate evil and wrong worship in the world. No, they didn't care what other nations did. Only about neighborhood nations and border problems. :))

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.