The World News Media

The World Ignored Jehovah’s Witnesses’ Warning on Coronavirus 15 Years Ago!

Isabella

By Jethro Ibileke

The deadly Coronavirus, like the Spanish Influenza, is currently spreading like a wild fire around the world and is taking tolls on lives of people on its path. This deadly disease might sound strange and new to many, including even health care providers and experts, but, actually, Jehovah’s Witnesses, a religious group, had sounded a warning of its emergence 15 years ago, in one of its magazines, Awake!

Writing on the subject “The Next Global Epidemic, WHEN?” the December 22, 2005, edition of Awake! did not only raise the alarm that a pandemic virus might emerge in China or a nearby country, it also warned that it might emanate from an animal and could surface from antigens or virulence factors derived from animal influenza viruses.

Photos of the front and inner pages of the Awake! magazine has since gone viral.

Full article: https://www.thenewsnigeria.com.ng/2020/02/17/15-years-ago-how-world-ignored-jehovahs-witnesses-warning-on-coronavirus/

447865A2-2AFE-4897-9CDC-7255DD2FFDD3.jpeg

E46D0090-DD8E-40E3-B4FF-1DFC378EEF34.jpeg

• Views 3.8k
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Witnesses did not predict anything.  The magazine highlighted what the experts said - their educated guess - and brought it to the attention of the readers of Awake magazine, like they do with many im

"According to many experts"? What does THAT mean? WHO in particular? What are they experts OF?   What exactly makes these anonymous people experts? The "People of the World"

He reading Awake in wrong way. :))) Article said how MANY EXPERTS, Medical Journal VACCINE and JOHN M. BARRY ..... PREDICTED this and that.

Posted Images

"According to many experts"?

What does THAT mean?

WHO in particular?

What are they experts OF?

What exactly makes these anonymous people experts?

The "People of the World" were what? .... about 7 Billion back in 2005?

How many copies of the Awake! actually got into the hands of 7 billion people, who ACTUALLY READ THEM, and even then ... WHAT COULD THEY HAVE DONE ABOUT IT??

.... my guess is nothing whatsoever.

It's like me ... if I heard that Intercontinental Ballistic Missiles, carrying 100 megaton yield Hydrogen Bombs MIGHT hit my home town someday in the future, as we have been 70 years and more since the World was engaged in an atomic (albeit one sided) war.

What could I do about it?

NOTHING !!!!

Disregarding the publications TOTAL lack of credibility in foreseeing the future, even a blind pig, once in a great while, will find SOMETHING to eat..

1 hour ago, JJJ-AUSTRALIA said:

And we should ignore all the false predictions of 1874,1914,1919,1925,1975,2014....2033! 

So, JJJ.... um ... what was predicted in 2014 that did not happen, and what is SUPPOSED to happen that "we" predicted to happen in 2033?

I musta been asleep about those two.

1 hour ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

So, JJJ.... um ... what was predicted in 2014 that did not happen, and what is SUPPOSED to happen that "we" predicted to happen in 2033?

I musta been asleep about those two.

2014 the annointed generation of 1914 that will not see death.

2033 or 2034...!

W03 12/15 pp 14-19

👇 WT links the 120 yrs of noahs day to our day so since 1914 and 90 yrs has passed already so there is only 30 years left so they are giving the suggestion that 2034 might be the one finally get right 😆😆😆

Screenshot_20200218-192623_Reddit.jpg

5 hours ago, Melinda Mills said:

Witnesses did not predict anything.

Bearing in mind that the name Witnesses has the general meaning that they are people - members belonging to one religious community, then it is true that they do not prophesy, maybe just assume, predict, expect.

predict: to say that an event or action will happen in the future, especially as a result of knowledge or experience https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/predict

But, it is interesting, on what basics WTJWorg, who gathering members - Witnesses, do collect and multiple knowledge  that make them to be "sure" and bold to assume, predict, expect and interprete Bible verses and world events? Do they (WT GB and Helpers) doing that in similar way as Jethro Ibileke did when made comment about Awake magazine? Will they repeat errors? Our experience says: Yes. :)  

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.