The World News Media

Russia Overturns First Jehovah’s Witnesses Convictions

Isabella

A Russian court has overturned the convictions of six Jehovah’s Witnesses accused of extremism, marking the first instance of the group's worshippers having their verdicts overturned in Russia, the group announced Wednesday.

The court in Penza, some 550 kilometers southeast of Moscow, handed five adherents suspended two-year prison sentences in December. The sixth worshipper, Vladimir Alushkin, was jailed for six years after an investigation had shown that he had continued to run the local Jehovah’s Witnesses branch despite the group being outlawed in Russia.

Read more: https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2020/03/26/first-conviction-of-jehovahs-witnesses-overturned-in-russia-a69762

dargw34rgwr5w-2.jpg

Vladimir Alushkin, a Jehovah's Witnesses member who in December was jailed for six years, has been released after his conviction on extremism charges was overturned.

• Views 973
  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A Russian court has overturned the convictions of six Jehovah’s Witnesses accused of extremism, marking the first instance of the group's worshippers having their verdicts overturned in Russia, the gr

It is great news. I certainly hope I will not be forced to admit that @James Thomas Rook Jr. is a true prophet   

Works well with me. There are some others who would use it to bolster their claim to ‘true anointed’ status.  

Posted Images

No, I just understand how the real world works.

I guess it is in small part by reading somewhere around 40 Isaac Asimov's books, including the Foundation Series, with the fictional mathematics professor Hari Seldon, who developed an algorithmic science he called :"Psychohistory", that effectively allowed him to predict the future probabilisticaly, mathematically analyzing social structures, and that inoculated me to a level of awareness I now have confidence in.

For those late comers, I predicted over and over, here, before the fall of last year, that this year, 2020, before the end of the year, that Vladimir Putin would cause the persecution to be lifted from Jehovah's Witnesses, and their property returned to them, based on my understanding of the man, the times, the politics, and the fictional idea that psychohistory has a real basis.

Also, it is no sweat off of my brow if I am wrong, as I have the best excuse ever.

I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses, and with all the terrific things we do, and are, about predicting the future, we have ALWAYS been wrong.

I stand by my prediction ... and it is worth every cent you paid for it.

1 hour ago, Arauna said:

but Russia is unpredictable ... because Satan is unpredictable.  He waits for a weak moment to attack.. ..and comes back again and again.

Weak moment, of who, for who? Russian government or Russian JW's?

What will be "weak moment" in USA or in Europe ...etc?

In Russia devil said JW's are "extremists". What attribute US JW's will get from devil? :)))

Agre

3 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

very predictable.

Agreed, their strategic trajectory is laid out by the 'prophet ' - philosopher Alexander Dugan.  Yes they are the king of the North together with their allies and strategically act predictable.

Their justice system is extremely unfair but now and then you will see good hopeful court results that create the perception in the west that they do have an unbiased legal system.

Hope this is a good wave which will give the brothers some relief.  

The "perception"  is that we are weak..... 

12 minutes ago, Arauna said:

The "perception"  is that we are weak..... 

No, the perception is that we are complete fools .

Sending 8 million letters (x 7 letters, average) to people who would never read them did NOTHING but put approximately 57 million dollars in the Russian Treasury, from the Universal Postal Union's "Terminal Fee" arrangement where they get 70% of the face value of affixed postage from foreign mail, that was never delivered, and 11 train boxcars loaded with paper to burn in their pot-bellied stoves during the long Russian Winters..

You can buy a LOT of Vodka with 57 million dollars of free money, courtesy of the Governing Body, whose directed effort was totally useless .... except to during that winter, provide "Fuel at the proper time".

It is immoral to let a fool keep his money, freedom, and property.

That is how the Russians have ALWAYS thought.

In America we have the right to bear arms.

In Russia, they have the right to the entire bear.

J

11 minutes ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

perception is that we are complete fools

TRUE...... but we are not foolish to have loyalty to jehovah.  At least they could see that we are not just a few hundred people on the earth....and not all Americans...... the enemy....... but we are present in many countries. The postage stamps told them that.

1 cor: Because a foolish thing of God is wiser than men, and a weak thing of God is stronger than men.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Popular Contributors

• Topics

• It appears to me that this is a key aspect of the 2030 initiative ideology. While the Rothschilds were indeed influential individuals who were able to sway governments, much like present-day billionaires, the true impetus for change stems from the omnipotent forces (Satan) shaping our world. In this case, there is a false God of this world. However, what drives action within a political framework? Power! What is unfolding before our eyes in today's world? The relentless struggle for power. The overwhelming tide of people rising. We cannot underestimate the direct and sinister influence of Satan in all of this. However, it is up to individuals to decide how they choose to worship God. Satanism, as a form of religion, cannot be regarded as a true religion. Consequently, just as ancient practices of child sacrifice had a place in God's world, such sacrifices would never be accepted by the True God of our universe. Despite the promising 2030 initiative for those involved, it is unfortunately disintegrating due to the actions of certain individuals in positions of authority. A recent incident serves as a glaring example, involving a conflict between peaceful Muslims and a Jewish representative that unfolded just this week. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/mar/11/us-delegation-saudi-arabia-kippah?ref=upstract.com Saudi Arabia was among the countries that agreed to the initiative signed by approximately 179 nations in or around 1994. However, this initiative is now being undermined by the devil himself, who is sowing discord among the delegates due to the ongoing Jewish-Hamas (Palestine) conflict. Fostering antisemitism. What kind of sacrifice does Satan accept with the death of babies and children in places like Gaza, Ukraine, and other conflicts around the world, whether in the past or present, that God wouldn't? Whatever personal experiences we may have had with well-known individuals, true Christians understand that current events were foretold long ago, and nothing can prevent them from unfolding. What we are witnessing is the result of Satan's wrath upon humanity, as was predicted. A true religion will not involve itself in the politics of this world, as it is aware of the many detrimental factors associated with such engagement. It understands the true intentions of Satan for this world and wisely chooses to stay unaffected by them.
    • This idea that Satan can put Jews in power implies that God doesn't want Jews in power. But that would also imply that God only wants "Christians" including Hitler, Biden, Pol Pot, Chiang Kai-Shek, etc. 
    • @Mic Drop, I don't buy it. I watched the movie. It has all the hallmarks of the anti-semitic tropes that began to rise precipitously on social media during the last few years - pre-current-Gaza-war. And it has similarities to the same anti-semitic tropes that began to rise in Europe in the 900's to 1100's. It was back in the 500s AD/CE that many Khazars failed to take or keep land they fought for around what's now Ukraine and southern Russia. Khazars with a view to regaining power were still being driven out into the 900's. And therefore they migrated to what's now called Eastern Europe. It's also true that many of their groups converted to Judaism after settling in Eastern Europe. It's possibly also true that they could be hired as mercenaries even after their own designs on empire had dwindled.  But I think the film takes advantage of the fact that so few historical records have ever been considered reliable by the West when it comes to these regions. So it's easy to fill the vacuum with some very old antisemitic claims, fables, rumors, etc..  The mention of Eisenhower in the movie was kind of a giveaway, too. It's like, Oh NO! The United States had a Jew in power once. How on earth could THAT have happened? Could it be . . . SATAN??" Trying to tie a connection back to Babylonian Child Sacrifice Black Magick, Secret Satanism, and Baal worship has long been a trope for those who need to think that no Jews like the Rothschilds and Eisenhowers (????) etc would not have been able to get into power in otherwise "Christian" nations without help from Satan.    Does child sacrifice actually work to gain power?? Does drinking blood? Does pedophilia??? (also mentioned in the movie) Yes, it's an evil world and many people have evil ideologies based on greed and lust and ego. But how exactly does child sacrifice or pedophilia or drinking blood produce a more powerful nation or cabal of some kind? To me that's a giveaway that the authors know that the appeal will be to people who don't really care about actual historical evidence. Also, the author(s) of the video proved that they have not done much homework, but are just trying to fill that supposed knowledge gap by grasping at old paranoid and prejudicial premises. (BTW, my mother and grandmother, in 1941 and 1942, sat next to Dwight Eisenhower's mother at an assembly of Jehovah's Witnesses. The Eisenhower family had been involved in a couple of "Christian" religions and a couple of them associated with IBSA and JWs for many years.)
  • Members

• JW Insider

JW Insider 9,695

• luis

luis 0

• Recent Status Updates

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Miracle Pete

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.