The World News Media

MIT analysis of respiratory pathogen emissions highlights that CDC's 6 foot social distancing rule is based on an outdated model of transmission, suggest new model & need for better masks

Just another man

Turbulent Gas Clouds and Respiratory Pathogen Emissions: Potential Implications for Reducing Transmission of COVID-19 (MIT Analysis)

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2763852

Welp, that 7-8m photo is definitely nightmare fuel, and the video just made it worse. The cloud just hangs in the air at around 20ft.

Coughing GIF by memecandy

• Views 956
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Turbulent Gas Clouds and Respiratory Pathogen Emissions: Potential Implications for Reducing Transmission of COVID-19 (MIT Analysis) https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2763852

VERY important article ! ....makes me think of what I often thought about to prevent space suits in direct sunlight in a vacuum from overheating, as a person worked in space, or on the Moon, etc.

Posted Images

VERY important article !

....makes me think of what I often thought about to prevent space suits in direct sunlight in a vacuum from overheating, as a person worked in space, or on the Moon, etc.

In principle, a simple beach umbrella, which in space would be weightless, and nearly so on the Moon.

A high tech, ultralight version with a transparent canopy to break up the velocity of the exhalation droplets?

Home Depot sells an 18volt battery powered Ryobi electric fan, that can be hand held.

As you are talking with someone, just have the fan blowing into his face, and blame it on the coronavirus.

Try not to laugh.

ryobi-power-tool-batteries-p166-p3320-64_1000.jpg

If you don't mind looking like a super klutz, hang this around your neck blowing away from you to change the trajectory of all exhalation droplets.away from your mouth, nose, and eyes.

.... beats dying.

• 11 months later...