The World News Media

George Benson & Sheila Hutchinson on JW Broadcasting

The Librarian

Two of the original songs released last year, "I Give You My Best" & "Jehovah Welcomes You Home" were performed by George Benson, and the first one was a duet with singer Sheila Hutchinson, the same one who did duets with him over 10 years ago for the cancelled album mentioned in Our Kingdom Ministry. Compare this:

with this:

See also:

which is part of this series:

The question remains however as to who was Sheila Hutchinson?

• Views 33.9k
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is Phillip Ingram, brother of James Ingram, former member of the band "Switch", and one of our Elders. Please correct this.

#Jay Witness, this song is not sung by George Benson. The Brother is Phillph Ingram  https://www.reverbnation.com/phillipingram/videos

Two of the original songs released last year, "I Give You My Best" & "Jehovah Welcomes You Home" were performed by George Benson, and the first one was a duet with singer Sheila Hutchinson, the sa

Guest Kurt

It was an album of songs from Sing Praises to Jehovah (aka the brown songbook) that were produced with knowledge of Bethel pending approval and featured George Benson and Sheila Hutchinson. They sound almost just like the current 'original songs' on JW Broadcasting. Anyways, a copy of it was leaked and then the governing body backed out. They published an article in the KM saying these songs "sung in a popular style" were not approved, and not to download them. Funny how now it's a-ok.

• 1 year later...
On 5/14/2016 at 10:47 PM, The Librarian said:

Can you tell me more about Phillip Ingram?

(Wikipedia entry mostly)

Phillip Ingram (born July 11, 1958) is an American musician. He is perhaps best known as one of the founding members of the Motown Group "SWITCH"
Ingram was raised in Akron, Ohio. He came from a musical family with six brothers and sisters who all sang and played instruments but only Phillip and his older brother, James, pursued a musical career.

In December 1976, the band Switch was formed with Phillip Ingram, Greg Williams, Jody Sims, Bobby DeBarge, Tommy DeBarge and Eddie Fluellen.

Switch was signed to Motown Records in May/1977 and went on to record five albums for the label. Their first album went platinum with such hits as "They'll Never Be", "I Wanna Be Closer". Their second album went gold, which included "Best Beat In Town" and "I Call Your Name."

Starting in 1984, Ingram went behind the scenes writing for various artists and working with various artists, films and commercials.

He still sings and records for television and radio commercials, works on films, radio station IDs, and recordings. In addition, he is working on production of new and upcoming artists along with Rex Salas. He has toured with Sheena Easton and a new incarnation of Switch.

Ingram is a faculty member at the California College of Music (CCM) in Pasadena, California, and teaches vocal lessons twice a week with their Vocal Arts Program.

Ingram has been married twice and lives with his second wife, Rebecca, in Reseda, California. Both are devout Jehovah's Witnesses, Ingram being an elder in his local congregation, as well as a pioneer, a person who devotes over 70 hours a month to the Jehovah Witness evangelism.

• 4 years later...

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.