The World News Media

Overlooked by the Religion News Service—How Can That Be?

TrueTomHarley

• Views 2.4k
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It is funny that JWs say that the CCJW in no part of the world. BUT, then when CSA is mentioned JWs say, yes but it's everywhere in the world.   

According to Jesus' words, we are being judged by the inclinations of our heart.  I am happy that both God and Christ are merciful and that whomever is judging me knows more about me than i know

Can anyone exercise their conscience without the ability to think independently?   "But a spirit of independent thinking does not prevail in God’s organization, and we have sound reasons for conf

Posted Images

The simplest way to find out why Jehovah's Witnesses are not listed where you think the should be is ask the RNS.

OR... you might spend several days speculating and produce several dissertations.

RELIGION NEWS SERVICE
30 Neff Annex
Columbia, MO 65211

844-767-6397 (1-844-RNS-NEWS)

Or you could look up from your racquet ball match in mid-serve, and ask

"Norm, Did Elaine ever own a horse?"

(apologies to Dave Barry)

TTH:

It concerns me NOT AT ALL to be slighted by people that I care absolutely nothing about ... or even the ones I do care deeply about,

You care so deeply, as evidenced by your Epistle  .... YOU make the phone call

Or ... as an alternative ... you could continue to be slighted, indignant, and ignorant.

4 hours ago, Arauna said:

Bad argument!   Their consciences are refined so they can love their enemies and not take political sides!  So they can cross all political and racial barriers! 

Their consciences were stolen because they had to obey the Leaders of the Org due to misuse of the Superior Authorities scripture. This has been admitted by many JWs, even on here. 

And if you could just be honest for once, you would admit it is true. 

1 hour ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

You care so deeply, as evidenced by your Epistle  .... YOU make the phone call

In this case the answer is not particularly important, nor interesting. The situation prompting the question is what arouses interest. Here is a list of religions ‘of the world.’ Jehovah’s Witnesses, who are ‘no part of the world’ are not on it. Who cares why? I don’t.

Even so, I did mention three possibilities: 

Is it an oversight? Is it a snub? Is it avoidance because any story about Jehovah's Witnesses will reliably attract swarms of their virulent "apostates' alarmed at any favorable mention and insistent upon maligning their former faith and so RNS just doesn't want to deal with it?”

Which one of the three it is doesn’t interest me. It is like when the Die Hard villain finally dies himself, after two hours of mayhem, and you learn in the epilogue that he was also behind in his contributions to the United Way. Who cares?

4 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

That is the moral of the post that you stated more succinctly than I. In a list of “the religions of the world,” we are not on it.

If you were to ask Bethel to describe their faith, very quickly would come up that statement that true Christians “are no part of the world.”

Make of it what you will. I don’t make anything of it. I just note it.

Bethel is sort of building and not place where faith lives. Behtel workers who answer as you had said, have more correct faith than some GB members who before many years (decades) put their signatures on Bibles as gift to some public officials. This "custom" is "normal" for those who are "part of the world", what ever that have or should mean in this or any other context. :))

image.jpeg

6 hours ago, JW Insider said:

TTH already mentioned that. I think you were supposed to read the part that had a line through the words, too. :))

Perhaps TTH not expecting from me to read his entire column :))) 

8 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

concerns me NOT AT ALL

Good.  It is a good thing that we are not counted "worthy" enough to be noticed. In this case - to fly under the radar is much better than in full sight.  There is a time to be quiet and a time to speak.  

5 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

signatures on Bibles as gift to some

I have given bibles to people with a nice bible verse and my name...... so they can remember who gave it to them and the occasion.

It seems that any normal activity which normal people do, is singled out by you to become a kind of "evil" deed.  I call you out for your accusing tone..... and for constantly appointing yourself as judge. It seems you have never made a mistake in your life and afterward thought- I should not have done that.

A friend gave me my bible because I left behind some books in USA.  You say it is somehow wrong of her to have put her name and date in it? 

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.