Ann O'Maly

• Views 30k
  • Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I brought it up because it's one of several places where Furuli's book provides the exact type of anecdote I am familiar with. These types of interactions were evidently memorable and important to Fur

In this world nothing is perfect because humans tend to overstep boundaries - even Moses did so. But if we are really prepared to give our life for another (spirit of christ), then reading our bi

If it was JWI, you’d still be reading it.  Because that “merely” is a pretty big merely.  What if my roof caves in tomorrow and I decide it’s God’s fault? What if I park on the Kingdom H

Posted Images

35 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Changing of sex inside human species is complicated issue. And

An X chromosome can never become a Y...... that is science.

Do you know about the recent painful divorce case where a father had to watch his doctor wife indoctrinate the son that he is a girl and then start hormonal treatments at age seven? 

In Canada and UK some states they can take your child from the home if you refuse hormonal treatments - it is seen as abuse! 

Satan wants to break the family, all morality and conscience - this new aggressive push by the establishment is leading to a situation wherein all humans will have to make a choice between Jehovahs right and wrong and the new secular morality pushed by UN.

31 minutes ago, JW Insider said:

Simplified" NWT, which he "trashes" in his book.

I do not think it useful for in-depth studies either but I would not trash it....... the modern youth do not understand the older English expressions. It is for the new generation not for crusty old professors.

I like his thoughts on #3. I prefer street work to house to house. I do not like standing at the cart either....... too little action for me.  I like to engage people.... so I am all for the idea to do what you are good at or what you like....  That way you remain enthusiastic and on fire! 

3 minutes ago, Arauna said:

An X chromosome can never become a Y...... that is science.

Thanks for respond.

I just saw few documentaries on TV about animals who changing sex as natural process. Also on internet few articles about that after watched TV.......... If they lied, i lied too.  :))

43 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

animals who changing sex as

Many creatures are changing sex, especially those who are sensitive to hormones. Our waters are all polluted, full of female and other hormones.  Plastics also immitate female hormones. I will not go into the subject of gender dysphoria in humans which it is causing.

Animals follow instinct or learn new behaviour by watching.  They do what comes naturally. As the crown if Jehovah's creation we are not supposed have sex anywhere, anyhow and with anyone.... it makes us into animals with no conscience and no  thought of a future - just immediate gratification with no self-control. 

These new corrupting teachings at schools and universities are corrupting minds so people do not have a hope to get the approval of God. Satan is turning them into fodder for destruction. Since he is the father of death - that is his ultimate goal- to destroy. And if he could use the state and its institutions to do it quicker and more thoroughly - so much the better.

Dr Feruli is living in the past...... in the days when university education still meant something and could bring edification to the mind.  He seems to be in a bubble as JWInsider  mused. 

I'm sick of this religion, why don't I give up?

(Revelation 3: 1-4)
1 ‘I know your deeds,
I am fully convinced that the Master knows what is happening within our religion, as he knew what was happening in Sardis.

"that you have the name that you are alive, but you are dead"
I don't think at all that my religion is that bad

2 ... I have not found your works fully performed before my God.
Yes, I agree, there are things, many things, that I do not like about my religion, nor about the GB

4 ‘Nevertheless, you do have a few individuals in Sardis
And here is the main thing:

• Why doesn't Jesus tell those few to leave, to leave, to abandon and form or join another religion?
  • Well I'm not leaving either

11 hours ago, Anna said:

My fault probably. I wasn't thinking of the anointed or FDS through the ages, but of the FDS in modern times. I was thinking of the "power" the old and new set of GB/FDS have which could be compared to the king.

Not your fault. I knew what you were saying about it. I was just saying that when I watched it, I wasn't thinking of the GB at all. But I was thinking about who the FDS could have been in such historical situations, and how they would have shown themselves standing up for a relatively "true" Christianity. That's based on an old habit of reading European history about the years from 100 to 1800 and always wondering who Jehovah might have deemed "FDS" at the time, because, until the "Proclaimers" book, this was the basic idea. There was never a time when the FDS did not exist, was the idea.

11 hours ago, Anna said:

If anyone speaks against them, it's like speaking against God. This has been said many times in our publications, of course not in these words.

Actually, it has been said in those exact words. But that message has become much more subtle in the last few decades.

11 hours ago, Anna said:

So what's the solution? A book?? 😁 (I don't think so. Although I must admit I am looking forward to reading it)

It was a very interesting read. I learned a lot more about Furuli the "man" and what his conscience struggles with. It's hard for me to remove his ego and even his haughtiness from the picture. But I have also really grown to love certain Circuit (and District) overseers in the past who were obviously haughty because after you have dinner with them, for example, you realize they are humans like the rest of us with questions and concerns and even frailties. When I knew several members of the GB personally, seeing and hearing them daily for several years, I thought some to be haughty, like F.Franz, D.Sydlik, A.Schroeder, L.Greenlees and T.Jaracz, and I knew others to be just the opposite in personality, like J.Booth, J.Barr, R.Franz, and perhaps all the others. Other observers might have categorized them differently. But it also doesn't mean that the humble ones were always right in their views, nor does it mean that the haughty ones were always wrong in their views.

I don't see it as much of a problem when a person is reminded of a situation like one in ancient Israel where a King Saul, or even a King David, needed counsel from a loyal subject. Of course, David once killed a subject who showed too much loyalty to him and not to the anointed Saul. Some will set themselves up as God's messengers with a message about a flight to Australia for example, and some will bring a gift to the table in the form of 40 to 50 years of scholarship and experience at many levels in the organization who might sincerely wish to correct a straying "king" or "governorship." I know which person's "counsel" I would want to read first. Assuming it was done in the spirit of:

(1 Timothy 5:1) . . .Do not severely criticize an older man. On the contrary, appeal to him as a father, to younger men as brothers,

(1 Timothy 5:19-21,24-25) 19 Do not accept an accusation against an older man except on the evidence of two or three witnesses. 20 Reprove before all onlookers those who practice sin, as a warning to the rest. 21 I solemnly charge you before God and Christ Jesus and the chosen angels to observe these instructions without any prejudice or partiality. . .  24 The sins of some men are publicly known, leading directly to judgment, but those of other men become evident later. 25 In the same way also, the fine works are publicly known and those that are otherwise cannot be kept hidden.

(1 Peter 3:15, 16) 15 But sanctify the Christ as Lord in your hearts, always ready to make a defense before everyone who demands of you a reason for the hope you have, but doing so with a mild temper and deep respect. 16 Maintain a good conscience, so that in whatever way you are spoken against, those who speak against you may be put to shame because of your good conduct as followers of Christ.

When I read Furuli, I was interested in what he left out in addition to what he included. I wondered if he would use certain scriptures, or appear to avoid certain scriptures. What would he say about the generation, 1919, blood, Hebrews 13, Revelation 2&3, 1 Cor 15:25? Could I pick up on any influence from Greg Stafford, Ray Franz, Fred Franz, George Chryssides, Jason BeDuhn, Gerard Gertoux, etc.? Some of the questions that I put in the margins would require a second read, and I'm not sure I'm up to it right now.

Somehow I took only 2 days to read his book and I immediately found myself behind schedule by more than 4 days for more practical things I wanted to get done. How did that happen? I might just take a breather for a few days myself. See you all on June 1st.

43 minutes ago, JW Insider said:

Somehow I took only 2 days to read his book and I immediately found myself behind schedule by more than 4 days for more practical things I wanted to get done

Yeah, this guy is a pain, isn’t he, making us all do this extra work?

47 minutes ago, JW Insider said:

But I have also really grown to love certain Circuit (and District) overseers in the past who were obviously haughty because after you have dinner with them, for example, you realize they are humans like the rest of us with questions and concerns and even frailties.

When I was traipsing around with a certain DO one afternoon, taking him with me on some I knew could stand visiting, we visited a certain nursing home. In the hallway, he invited an attendant to hear the public talk at the upcoming circuit assembly “that I am giving.” ‘Huh!’ I said to myself—it never ends, does it, that urge for recognition? 

I liked this brother a lot, and would not classify his as haughty, even with that faux pas. Unlike you, who once said that you could not recall a traveling overseer who was not a cooling refreshment for all whom he encountered, I can. But he was not one of them. Most of these brothers by far were sterling in faith and example, but not every single one of them. You put it just right—“they are humans like the rest of us with questions and concerns and even frailties.”

7 hours ago, Arauna said:

Many creatures are changing sex, especially those who are sensitive to hormones. Our waters are all polluted, full of female and other hormones.  Plastics also immitate female hormones. I will not go into the subject of gender dysphoria in humans which it is causing.

Well, this sort of process existing in animal world. People, and JW people too, need to know how working the world who is create by God they believe in.

Next thing you said, is influence, unknown mostly, that can cause need in some individuals to change the sex.

That would mean, because no one know why and how things is happening, that JW members need to have more insight and knowledge and intuition about issue and not drop all and every individual who have issue with sex identity into "devil influence" and/or individual "evilness".

These new corrupting teachings at schools and universities

I wouldn't know what you mean with this. Because, as i am aware, most of school politics and curriculum is not at all or mostly sourced, created in particular school but come from governmental directives, Ministry of Education, institutions that materially contribute or completely financing educational system as in private schools. I think how corruption is not problem that coming from schools (only) but is in society that is changing.

Have in mind, how process of changing ( no matter in what direction, in what sort of matters) is also in your church in your JWsociety. And time in future will give better perspective and conclusions only to future generations.  

Dr Feruli is living in the past...... in the days when university education still meant something and could bring edification to the mind.  He seems to be in a bubble as JWInsider  mused. 

That what you noticed about education can be matter of nostalgia too, not only independent and objective analyze.

Bubbles are general, not only individual problem or identifying space-time position. It can be said how you looks on Dr Furulli's or @JW Insider Bubble from your own Bubble too. :))

3 minutes ago, AveragePub said:

@Srecko Sostar It makes sense for a preaching organization to print all manner of teaching aids, including books.  That is easy to understand.  

Of course. You have people here being purposefully obtuse.

1 hour ago, JW Insider said:

But it also doesn't mean that the humble ones were always right in their views, nor does it mean that the haughty ones were always wrong in their views.

I liked this point too. Just because someone is ‘haughty’ doesn’t mean he is wrong—it is just a weakness that does not bode well for hitting the nail on the head—but it is not a guarantee that one will miss it. 

1 minute ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Of course. You have people here being purposefully obtuse.

I liked this point too. Just because someone is ‘haughty’ doesn’t mean he is wrong—it is just a weakness that does not bode well for hitting the nail on the head—but it is not a guarantee that one will miss it. 

I like to think that we (I) are all works in progress.  Some of us will need a large portion of that thousand years to attain perfection. 

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.