The World News Media

Furuli's new e-book: "My Beloved Religion - And The Governing Body"

Ann O'Maly

9 minutes ago, AveragePub said:

@Srecko Sostar It makes sense for a preaching organization to print all manner of teaching aids, including books.  That is easy to understand.  

Have you same Understanding for Dr. Furuli? and his doubts, lack of faith, searching for "better", "truer"  truth,  ....etc?

• Views 30.2k
  • Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I brought it up because it's one of several places where Furuli's book provides the exact type of anecdote I am familiar with. These types of interactions were evidently memorable and important to Fur

In this world nothing is perfect because humans tend to overstep boundaries - even Moses did so. But if we are really prepared to give our life for another (spirit of christ), then reading our bi

If it was JWI, you’d still be reading it.  Because that “merely” is a pretty big merely.  What if my roof caves in tomorrow and I decide it’s God’s fault? What if I park on the Kingdom H

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, AveragePub said:

@Srecko Sostar No, it is counterproductive.

Apostasy (if this is an example of it—I don’t know that is, though it clearly is not an ‘attaboy”) usually occurs at the divine/human interface. You could even say that was true with Judas. He and God were tight! There were no problems there! But that “imposter” claiming to be the messiah was just not at all what Judas was expecting—and those “uneducated” followers that he was attracting—don’t even go there. My offhand impression, not having read the book (I did get my free copy—hee, hee, hee) is that he has acquired himself some ‘education’ and is disturbed that the Message is not better received among his new contemporaries, and he feels that it might be if his old contemporaries weren’t so ‘dumb.’ It is classism at work, imo.

The challenge here with Rulf appears to be the divine/human interface. Bear in mind that those who discuss it here DO NOT share the same concept of what that interface ought be. Some are atheistic, and essentially contend that there will be no such interface because the ‘divine’ does not exist for them. A few here have contended that they themselves are the divine/human interface, or at least part of it, and they are miffed about being ‘cut off’ from the rightful role. And others think that the divine/human interface should be that of Santa Claus giving gifts to children, each gift perfectly wrapped without ambiguity, with no need to do anything other than play with your new toys all Christmas Day.

If you believe this as such is both odd and confusing granted in disagreement with several said core teachings from God's Word (i.e. you had recently judged everyone as guilty without even knowing them, their background, etc. that logic of yours is akin to some Americans think all police officers are guilty, as of recent events, when THAT isn't the case - hence the latter remark is befitting), more so, several verses in some of your other responses to which I made comment to reveals the correctness of what is incorrect by sheer misguidance.

That being said, you've now stumble upon your own realm of contradiction which correlates with your other responses. Also regarding the other, is somewhat Restorationist, hence the latter being correct in this sense.

@Space Merchant  The only bit of the above that I understand is the reference to a White Police officer killing a Black man. But why you felt the need to include that i do not know. 

So, now give me complete references as to all your accusations against me please. If not, then you are just puffing out hot air. 

This is all so funny. A man writes a book which you all know will ruffle feathers in the CCJW and give some people outside the joy of reading it. It frightens you. For one reason you know that a lot of what he has written is true. So, what do you all do ? You look for ways to criticise him. 

But Tom has to go further of course, he looks for ways to criticise almost everyone. 

Maybe some of you should do an in depth observation of each member of the GB. You seem happy to find fault with everyone that has different views to you. But you JWs just love to worship your GB. 

23 minutes ago, César Chávez said:

If JWinsider already emailed a copy to certain individuals, those people should come to the same basic conclusion. Will they?

Not if they don’t read it. :)

But even if they do, I suspect that they will not come all unglued.

23 minutes ago, César Chávez said:

This is the crutch of Furuli’s view point. He is seeing no separation between church and state by the Org’s own members. To him, that is disappointing

That is my preliminary impression. Is he really calling for a panel of Independent elders to review GB policy? You know how that will work out. If they do not reach his own conclusions, the reason will be that they were not independent enough. 

It is a very familiar scenario. It plays out in all situations of national and international politics. It plays out in multiple other areas of practical and/or philosophical disputes. It is good to follow some of these other interests because it enables one to so quickly see parallels. 

There is a firm movement under the guise of ‘anti-cultism’ to make religion a decided subset of the state—with all its policies to be reviewable by the state. How strongly Rulf plays into this I cannot say, but I’ll bet it leans that way. You have probably hit the nail on the head.

12 hours ago, Arauna said:

Literal rebellion against any other human (turn the other cheek ), or earthly institution would not come up in our mind......BUT: this would not in any way mean that we tolerate any form of ' yeast'. Our conscience will help us to quickly quelch any form of wickedness or even speak up against evil,  when needed,  in a kind and loving way. This is possible within our small sphere of influence..... 

Well said Arauna

48 minutes ago, César Chávez said:

Here’s the 411 on Furuli’s impression. The GB are there to dispense spiritual food. They are obligated by government to be seen as board members of a corporation.

If GB members are here, exists only for one reason and that is to "dispense spiritual food" - i would like to know WHO forcing them to be seen as or to be board members of corporation? What government put obligation, forcing this 8 (+names in the past) particular GB names to run corporation, to be in any corporative capacity?

And why this 8 (+names in the past) names agreed to be part of government obligation when that obligation put them into position to have not enough time to serve for interest of Kingdom and their King but involving them, dragging them into work, business of this old world system ? .... like a good soldier of Christ Jesus.  No one serving as a soldier gets entangled in civilian affairs, but rather tries to please his commanding officer. 2 Tim 2 4

It seems how GB forget this Principle and failed to be FDS for decades until big changes (in 2000 i guess). And now they serve as TV Preachers.

JWs just look for ways to 'defend' those 8 men that they worship. 

So, JWs belittle anyone that speaks against the GB. JWs have no balance on this matter. It is all praise the GB, curse the 'enemy'.  However in reality even the JWs know how wrong the GB have been and still are on lots of things. 

I do accept that they are only men and that they are imperfect. And that they are neither inspired or guided by Holy Spirit. They have proved all of those things. So what gives them the right to rule ? What gives them the right to call themselves the F&DS ? 

I laugh at Tom, when he talks about 'independent elders', because there is no such thing. The independent ones have been disfellowshipped. 

I think many JWs will be shocked when God/Christ cleans out the CCJW and the true Anointed take over, or start a new organisation. 

7 hours ago, César Chávez said:

Jesus set a standard for responsible men to handle his belongings until his return, Spiritual belonging, not matters of the state and mental state. 

You forget how last "clarification" made before few years when WT study edition revealed how GB-FDS was NOT appointed in 1919 OVER ALL BELONGINGS, but only to DISPENSE spiritual FOOD.  According to WT explanation what is meaning and content of "belongings", it said how that including material assets and people-members ............. one thing was made clear to JW's - In Doctrinal theory sense:

1) GB is no more Governing Body over people in Organization

2) GB no longer has anything to do with money and real-estate. 

That WILL be in future, according to WT article.

But who should have? Who have power over members? And, who handling with money and real-estate?

Do GB need own, specific sort of Organization for dispensing spiritual food??? What they need in this modern time is internet connection, laptop and own you tube channel. They not need buildings, lawyers and elders.

7 hours ago, César Chávez said:

Therefore, if your impression of Furuli's book, he is thinking about a panel of Elders to look into Watchtower polices, It would lie with, unburdening the GB, so they can concentrate in dispensing spiritual food, and a panel of Elders would take over secular and grievances from within. Will that happen, NO! Because the government will still view the GB as they see them now, including some witnesses.

Are elders appointed "over all His belongings"??? By who and when? By GB in 2013? hahahaha

If God took appointment from GB in the year 2013, by paragraph published in WT study edition article, this same article not bring new revelation about WHO is then in charge with "belongings", from 2013 to some future point !!  

But because almost all WT policies, doctrines and interpretations are questionable, all this ideas about Organization in format of worldly Company is odd. Betel HQ in US is physical place where some people creating  policies and run the business. 

If GB is supposed to not has anything with "earthly possession", it seems how elders are class who Governing over "ship". But, question is who gave them such authority after GB-FDS was removed (with one movement of god's hand) from that same position in 2013 ?!.                                 

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.