Ann O'Maly

• Views 29.5k
  • Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I brought it up because it's one of several places where Furuli's book provides the exact type of anecdote I am familiar with. These types of interactions were evidently memorable and important to Fur

In this world nothing is perfect because humans tend to overstep boundaries - even Moses did so. But if we are really prepared to give our life for another (spirit of christ), then reading our bi

If it was JWI, you’d still be reading it.  Because that “merely” is a pretty big merely.  What if my roof caves in tomorrow and I decide it’s God’s fault? What if I park on the Kingdom H

Posted Images

5 hours ago, JW Insider said:
8 hours ago, Arauna said:

His opinion...... but not what the bible indicates. The question it poses indicates that each Christian must identify the slave for themself.  " Who is the faithful and discreet slave?". Even a language scholar should notice it is a question.... 

"Slave" is in singular. Is that mean something, anything for understanding the question/message ?? :))))

2 hours ago, César Chávez said:

Then we agree. Higher education doesn't give anyone a guarantee in life. We are what we make out of life. The same interpretation focused in scripture about spirituality. 

I agree too. But why WTJWorg making doctrinal issue of this, and try to maximize instructions/policies on issue to not looking for "higher education"?  They create social climate in congregations, through publications and public talks, how higher education is from "devil" himself. 

On other side, all wrong/false teachings, doctrines and instructions inside WTJWorg, in history and in present time, (as sort of "higher spiritual education") originated, sourced from WHOM THAN?? (from whom then they originate)

2 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Slave" is in singular. Is

So the man who says the GB are dictators now wishes to interpret this word as a single person who will be giving all his fellow slaves food at proper time.  One person......... must now be identified in time of end...as a slave, and he will encourage all to preach and print books to preach and make videos to keep the faithful strong..... wow!  

8 hours ago, JW Insider said:

and gets worse as the educational institutions keep trying to maximize their costs and the job market gets continually worse. You also may remember that

The generic degrees, to just produce degreed people, is the problem. One cannot get a decent job with them. (Generic degrees pushed by UN).  Degrees are no longer value for money. Integrity of universities is lost. Many department are funded by organizations which influence the "studies" and foreign governments such as China, Qatar etc are influencing policy etc.

8 hours ago, JW Insider said:

Witnesses believe we need to hide our past, or tell new people that something was really nothing. However, if you want me

Lol. Since many of our teachings have changed...... why hang onto the past? Move on to the future!  The future is much more fun and gives us hope because the kingdom-government is our focus! 

We have enough detractors or hate-OCDs to keep referring to our past..... you know....... like a nagging wife!  We need not go search out the past - the nagging wives bring it up all the time! 

7 hours ago, JW Insider said:

Is this how we know that it should not be each Christian who should act as a true Christian neighbor to fellow humans? Because it is in the form of a question?

Of course ! And there are many chapters in the bible dealing with unselfish and principled Christian love. We must be prepared to give our lives for each other - like jesus.

But Luke 21 and Math 24 deals with the time of END of Jewish system and the greater end. It talks about preaching in the entire inhabited earth! So this slave will feed fellow believers all over the earth with proper food at right time.  For this one needs a central dispensary which is efficient and quick!  

2 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

how higher education is from "devil" himself. 

And it is!  You are too blind to see what is going on!  It is their duty to warn us.  But many parents still do not listen and afterward sit with children who do not go on in the truth.

Your idea that anyone can be that slave is also useless because then we will not be held together as a nation.  Isaiah 2: 2-4 clearly indicates that the nation of jehovah (which comes out of all nations) will learn war no more and Zion (heavenly zion) will direct it.

Jehovah used a nation in time of Israel. He used congregations under direction of apostles and elders in time of the first spread of christianity and now has a world-wide nation kept together by the same teachings.  Our teaching comes from one source to provide unity and a sense that the congregations are all part of one unity world-wide. One nation under jehovah. Our loyalty to jehovah only...... not to the governments we live under. We have the same pincipled love for all.

@Arauna  Firstly.  Quote :-

So the man who says the GB are dictators now wishes to interpret this word as a single person

Are you getting @Srecko Sostar mixed up with me ? (note this is a question) It's me that calls the GB dictators. Do they not dictate to the congregants ? Make rules and give orders.

Secondly. Quote:-

now wishes to interpret this word as a single person who will be giving all his fellow slaves food at proper time.

Srecko asked it as a question, not a statement. So the idea of 'now wishes to interpret' is false. Please do not become like Mr Harley, who twists things to his own advantage. 

Thirdly. :-

Since many of our teachings have changed...... why hang onto the past? 

'By their works you will know them'.  Works, references. Do you trust people that you do not know and that you know nothing about ? Surely if a family was thinking about joining the CCJW it would be wise for them to do some research into the background of this religion. Therefore the past would be relevant. 

Fourthly. Quote :-

We have enough detractors or hate-OCDs to keep referring to our past....

I notice that you cannot keep away from those three letters. 

Fifth. Quote :-

For this one needs a central dispensary which is efficient and quick!  

The last information I had was that the magazines are printed in Germany. (If my info is correct) So not exactly central to where the information comes from.

Sixth. Quote :- 

Jehovah used a nation in time of Israel. He used congregations under direction of apostles and elders in time of the first spread of christianity and now has a world-wide nation kept together by the same teachings.

Please note that the Apostle Paul was NOT one of those in Jerusalem, not one of the 12. BUT God used PAUL to write the letters to the congregations. Jesus guided Paul directly, not through any organisation. 

And, I'm not saying that an organisation is wrong, but it has to be run properly. 

Have a good day. Sorry this is so long. 

24 minutes ago, 4Jah2me said:

The last information I had was that the magazines are printed in Germany.

I think how original text in English is Centralized! :)) Translations committees in each country make own translation in particular language or languages. And then thy sending this text somewhere to print. They have few printing facilities around the world. I believe German stayed to be one of them.

3 hours ago, Arauna said:

But Luke 21 and Math 24 deals with the time of END of Jewish system and the greater end

To me this serves as good reason to think 24:45-47 is as the brothers say it is. Matt 24 and 25–both chapters devoted to end-time prophesy in which conditions will get really terrifying—and right in the midst of it is some nice little sappy story the moral of which is ‘always do your best?’ I think not.

4 hours ago, Arauna said:

Since many of our teachings have changed...... why hang onto the past? Move on to the future!

We lean into punches when we could just as easily duck them—and then the big slob’s own momentum would send him hurling over the edge. I don’t know why we do this.

When confronted with a charge that this new teaching is not the same as an old, say, “Oh, we changed that.” I see no reason why not. It is only opponents who think this not permissible—we don’t say it (nor do reasonable people) What is “the light that gets brighter” and “tacking” if not an admission that things change? They are not the essential things, is the point, the core beliefs that everyone who became a Witness did so on that account, and the core beliefs—that distinguish us from any other religion—that opposers forget all about, and thus reveal they haven’t a spiritual bone in their bodies, as they harp on trivial matters of human imperfection, and imagine that Santa Claus should be running the show—showering presents on everyone and asking nothing more than a vague ‘be nice,’—which people define any way they like.

The trick also is not to sanitize the present. It is to de-sanitize the past. It is to say, if opposers think they have caught someone in a ‘gotcha’, “So what’s new?” Show them all the crazy things done in Bible times.

We don’t desantize the past nearly enough, I think. If we did, it would make it so easy to deal with faux pas of the present. Instead we chastise Dinah for hanging out with the riff raff and dismiss her brother’s retribution as ‘just one of those things.‘ To be sure, Jacob was displeased. But Eli was also displeased with his louts of sons and it turned out differently for him.

7 hours ago, Arauna said:

But Luke 21 and Math 24 deals with the time of END of Jewish system and the greater end. It talks about preaching in the entire inhabited earth! So this slave will feed fellow believers all over the earth with proper food at right time.  For this one needs a central dispensary which is efficient and quick!

The idea that it is found in Matt 24 which also involves the situation at the time of the END is clearly a much better reason to highlight a special meaning to these verses. (The verses about the differences between the persons who would prove themselves to be an unfaithful and indiscreet slave as opposed to the persons who would prove themselves to be a faithful and discreet slave.)

But, of course, it's not in Luke 21. It's in Luke 12. Luke tends to spread out a lot of the things that Matthew has Jesus saying in Matthew 24, and puts those words in slightly different contexts as found in Luke 12, Luke 13, Luke 17, Luke 19, Luke 21. The differences between Luke 12 and Matthew 24 are also of interest:

(Luke 12:35-48) 35 “Be dressed and ready and have your lamps burning, 36 and you should be like men waiting for their master to return from the marriage, so when he comes and knocks, they may at once open to him. 37 Happy are those slaves whom the master on coming finds watching! Truly I say to you, he will dress himself for service and have them recline at the table and will come alongside and minister to them. 38 And if he comes in the second watch, even if in the third, and finds them ready, happy are they! 39But know this, if the householder had known at what hour the thief would come, he would not have let his house be broken into. 40 You also, keep ready, because at an hour that you do not think likely, the Son of man is coming.” 41 Then Peter said: “Lord, are you telling this illustration just to us or also to everyone?” 42 And the Lord said: “Who really is the faithful steward, the discreet one, whom his master will appoint over his body of attendants to keep giving them their measure of food supplies at the proper time? 43 Happy is that slave if his master on coming finds him doing so! 44 I tell you truthfully, he will appoint him over all his belongings. 45 But if ever that slave should say in his heart, ‘My master delays coming,’ and starts to beat the male and female servants and to eat and drink and get drunk, 46 the master of that slave will come on a day that he is not expecting him and at an hour that he does not know, and he will punish him with the greatest severity and assign him a part with the unfaithful ones. 47 Then that slave who understood the will of his master but did not get ready or do what he asked will be beaten with many strokes. 48 But the one who did not understand and yet did things deserving of strokes will be beaten with few. Indeed, everyone to whom much was given, much will be demanded of him, and the one who was put in charge of much will have more than usual demanded of him.

(Matthew 24:41-25:1) . . .. 42 Keep on the watch, therefore, because you do not know on what day your Lord is coming. 43 “But know one thing: If the householder had known in what watch the thief was coming, he would have kept awake and not allowed his house to be broken into. 44 On this account, you too prove yourselves ready, because the Son of man is coming at an hour that you do not think to be it. 45“Who really is the faithful and discreet slave whom his master appointed over his domestics, to give them their food at the proper time? 46 Happy is that slave if his master on coming finds him doing so! 47 Truly I say to you, he will appoint him over all his belongings. 48 “But if ever that evil slave says in his heart, ‘My master is delaying,’ 49 and he starts to beat his fellow slaves and to eat and drink with the confirmed drunkards, 50 the master of that slave will come on a day that he does not expect and in an hour that he does not know, 51 and he will punish him with the greatest severity and will assign him his place with the hypocrites. There is where his weeping and the gnashing of his teeth will be. 25 “Then the Kingdom of the heavens may be likened to ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom. [etc, virgins, bridegroom, midnight call, lamp oil, marriage feast.]

Both versions of the illustration spend more time discussing what would constitute an UNFAITHFUL and INDISCREET slave. Luke takes it even further and presents Jesus' discussing varying levels of unfaithfulness and indiscretion. Perhaps this is one reason that Luke's version is rarely ever discussed in the publications compared to Matthew's?

1 hour ago, 4Jah2me said:

Have a good day. Sorry this is so long

No prob.  I prefer to talk to you when you show some  kindness - even if it is to stand up for shrecko. While you openly call GB dictators, bad insinuations can also  come out as accusations.... referring to Mr shrek. 

If jehovah had to judge all of us on our actions in our youth or the past - none would qualify as servants.  Some people are very judgmental on others'  past or their performance ....but they themselves would have done worse if they were in their  shoes..... such as filling GB shoes.  It is so easy to judge. I always ask myself what I would do if I were in their shoes. 

If you live in the past one can never heal...... yet people walk around with baggage forever! They cannot move forward!  They keep renewing the old baggage by referring to it and mulling it in the brain.  The brain keeps making new emotional connections which are detrimental to themselves! 

1 hour ago, Srecko Sostar said:

They have few printing facilities around the world. I believe German stayed to be one of them.

The translation for Kurdish is done in Germany and printed.....there.  This is one example of rare language done in Germany.

The watchtower in every language is the same..... so the source is the same for unity and uniformity.  So is the other meeting.  JWs have a similar life outlook..... jehovah comes first in our lives. 

To me it is a miracle that we all view ourselves as one nation....... despite a world that is wracked by divisions and hate.   They shall identify us by the love amongst us.