The World News Media

Furuli's new book: Is any of it right? Useful? Like Franz?

JW Insider

Quote @JW Insider 

Because of Paul's visit, the body of elders in Jerusalem issued a statement showing that it was their fault, and that they had gone too far in trying to encroach on the consciences of Christians in other places. "

Wow, could you imagine the GB apologising, I don't think so. They won't even apologise for the CSA in the Org. 

JWI can you please give scripture to back up this 'statement issued' / apology, as you mentioned above. 

• Views 2.7k
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The first thread started on this topic, and the topic has already garnered hundreds of responses. But it hasn't dealt much with Rolf Furuli's own theme. His real topic is about how the JW religion is

Okay, JWI has posted a new topic. I don’t want to catch any of you saying irrelevant things. I don’t want 4Jah talking about CSA. I don’t want Allen talking about Zondervan. I can post some of my vaca

I hate to say it, but you are quite right on this one. I knew that these time periods were always subject to change any time something better comes along. And I was actually very surprised we held ont

Posted Images

Wow it sounds like @TrueTomHarley is having one of his 'wet dreams' that he seems to like talking about. (It is one thing that has me concerned about Tom actually. The point that he likes mentioning wet dreams and is so in denial about CSA in the CCJW)  ) 

Let's look at the book title, My Beloved Religion, And the Governing Body.

Furuli seems to love the religion not the GB. 

Tom knows exactly what i was referring to previously, and it was about Higher Education. I was not referring to the book contents (as i hadn't read it ) but referring to the fact that the man, Furuli, was a highly educated man and had a very strong reputation for his knowledge which was high and above normal schooling. 

Now Furuli has a dislike for the GB  and how they act. But he seems to have a love for the CCJW.  Furuli wants to defend the Organisation (because he knows how much damage the CSA is doing)  and to defend the Org he seems to find the need to defend the GB concerning CSA.... Anyone with common sense or love of truth will see this to be obvious. 

Mr Harley is a true JW. He has the need to twist truth because it is the only way JWs seem to survive the CSA issue. Mr Harley's headline seems inline with what the GB first said about CSA. 

I do know of course that Tom is a wind up merchant, and very childish in his ways.  But when he has to twist truth and misquote others then he is showing his true colours as a non-christian. Being a member of the CCJW will not get people saved through Armageddon. 

1 hour ago, 4Jah2me said:

JWI can you please give scripture to back up this 'statement issued' / apology, as you mentioned above. 

Sure, it's Acts 15:24, highlighted further below, but you'd probably want to see the context. And keep in mind that I am just interpreting, too. In Galatians, where Paul clearly makes a point that he did not get any apostolic authority or theocratic assignments from the "so-called pillars" at Jerusalem. Paul says in Galatians chapters 1 & 2:

"nor did I go up to Jerusalem to those who were apostles before I was. . . .Then after 14 years I again went up to Jerusalem with Barʹna·bas, also taking Titus along with me .  . . .But that matter came up because of the false brothers brought in quietly, who slipped in to spy on the freedom we enjoy in union with Christ Jesus, so that they might completely enslave us;  we did not yield in submission to them, . . .But regarding those who seemed to be important—whatever they were makes no difference to me, for God does not go by a man’s outward appearance—those highly regarded men imparted nothing new to me. On the contrary, . . . . . . James and Ceʹphas and John, the ones who seemed to be pillars. . . . However, when Ceʹphas came to Antioch, I resisted him face-to-face, because he was clearly in the wrong.  For before certain men from James arrived, he used to eat with people of the nations; but when they arrived, he stopped doing this and separated himself, fearing those of the circumcised class. The rest of the Jews also joined him in putting on this pretense [Greek, hypocrisy], . . .

So this is the backdrop of Acts 15. The NWT cross-references "the false brothers brought in quietly, who slipped in to spy" to Acts 15:1 and 15:24:

(Acts 15:1) Now some men came down from Ju·deʹa and began to teach the brothers: “Unless you get circumcised according to the custom of Moses, you cannot be saved.”
(Acts 15:24) Since we have heard that some went out from among us and caused you trouble with what they have said, trying to subvert you, although we did not give them any instructions,

It's not as important but "men from James" is cross-referenced to Acts 12:17, evidently to show that "James and the brothers" was a way of referencing the Jerusalem congregation. The WT uses this idea to say that James must have therefore been the "chairman" of a governing body at Jerusalem.

So, putting it all together, the situation is that JAMES, was one of the highly regarded men, who SEEMED to be important. But JAMES had sent spies to see if Paul was really preaching against the need for circumcision. But these spies, were evidently just supposed to spy for James, and report back to him. These men from James evidently did NOT have instructions to begin subverting Paul's preaching by promoting circumcision.

At any rate, you can see from Acts 15:24 that, in the message that went out from Jerusalem, it admits that these men "went out from among us" and "caused trouble" and admits that they were "trying to subvert." James says they did not give them instructions, which is a nicer way than Paul would have said it, of course.

11 minutes ago, JW Insider said:

we did not yield in submission to them,

- obedient and submissive - https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1989685

WTJWorg spreads teachings how members must doing exactly this before Elders and GB.

Paul said; NO, you DON'T HAVE TO be OBEDIENT AND SUBMISSIVE to human leaders in "Jerusalem" or in your congregation!

16 hours ago, JW Insider said:

One of Furuli's typos is the spelling of "Sexual Immortality" with the extra 

It can go the other way, too with references to the “immorality of the soul.” But nothing matches reading aloud one of those interminable “Is it” questions of Fred Franz and only realizing that the very end you should have read it with the inflection of an “It is”—because it was a statement, not a question.

"But on the contrary, when they saw that the gospel for the uncircumcised had been committed to me, as the gospel for the circumcised was to Peter 8 (for He who worked effectively in Peter for the apostleship to the circumcised also worked effectively in me toward the Gentiles), 9 and when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that had been given to me, they gave me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship, that we should go to the Gentiles and they to the circumcised. "  Gal 2:7-9

For the WT leadership to believe that this verifies proof of a governing body in Jerusalem, is self-gratifying, supporting their desire to build their "temple".  On the contrary, each apostle is a "pillar" of truth, supporting the foundation of the Temple of God.  

"These things I write to you, though I hope to come to you shortly; 15 but if I am delayed, I write so that you may know how you ought to conduct yourself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth."  1 Tim 3:14,15

"Now, therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, 20 having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone, 21 in whom the whole building, being fitted together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord, 22 in whom you also are being built together for a dwelling place of God in the Spirit."

Each anointed one sealed into God's Temple, also becomes a "pillar"..of truth.

"He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he shall go out no more. I will write on him the name of My God and the name of the city of My God, the New Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God. And I will write on him My new name."  Rev 3:12

"But there shall by no means enter it anything that defiles, or causes an abomination or a lie, but only those who are written in the Lamb’s Book of Life."  Rev 21:27

It is ironic that the organization is referred to, as "the truth", in light of all of its falsehoods.   The "truth" can only apply to the Temple of God.  Again, I think of "Beliefs Clarified" which covers over falsehoods by glorifying them, as acceptable.  How deceitful.  

6 minutes ago, Witness said:

"He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he shall go out no more. I will write on him the name of My God and the name of the city of My God, the New Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God. And I will write on him My new name."  Rev 3:12

The Head of the anointed Body/Church, is Jesus Christ.

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." John 14:6

It is not possible for any "living stone" who are members of this Body, to speak a lieThey are united under one Spirit.

"There are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. 5 There are differences of ministries, but the same Lord. 6 And there are diversities of activities, but it is the same God who works all in all."  1 Cor 12:4

"This is He who came by water and blood—Jesus Christ; not only by water, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit who bears witness, because the Spirit is truth." 1 John 5:6

"Sanctify them by Your truth.  Your word is truth."  John 17:17

The sealed "living stones" are all, pillars of truth.   (1 Pet 2:5)

Quote @Witness " It is ironic that the organization is referred to, as "the truth", in light of all of its falsehoods.   The "truth" can only apply to the Temple of God.  Again, I think of "Beliefs Clarified" which covers over falsehoods by glorifying them, as acceptable.  How deceitful. "

It is done to play on the mind of the weak. If you tell some people it is 'the truth' then they don't question it. Most JWs  are basic folk with very basic thinking ability. They either are not intelligent enough to think or cannot be bothered to think beyond what they are taught at the KH or conventions.  The CSA problem shows this, most JWs don't even know it exists. 

32 minutes ago, 4Jah2me said:

Most JWs  are basic folk with very basic thinking ability. They either are not intelligent enough to think or cannot be bothered to think beyond what they are taught at the KH or conventions. 

If you don't mind my different opinion. I would say how basic elements in message that JW's preaching; better new world, perfect life and health, no death, peace and security, Jesus and God etc. are something what almost all people want/wish.   

The system of repetition and persuasion of how to achieve all this, goes into our conscious and unconscious deep enough that we don’t feel the need to question anything that have source in new found religion. In fact, we self-censor ourselves and do not allow critical thinking. That is, the Organization has succeeded in instilling in its members the feeling that everything that is happening in terms of doctrine and technical implementation of learning does not even need to be re-examined. Only what comes from outside, the “worldly,” needs our utter caution and suspicion.

Deception imbued with elements of good and even true, creates in us an inability to think differently. Our mind is dulled. The mind is no longer sharp to discern fraud that growing within ourselves and danger of our confidence in the Organization. “Danger comes from outside” and “I am sinful and can't trust myself” - these are thoughts that obscure view about possibility and about very good chance how "the truth" is much else other but not really truthful. 

Why we stay so long in this mode and state and sometimes refuse to see obvious? Why we convince ourselves how "this must be the truth" when "truth" is not truth any more but another interpretation?

You and me and many similar to us are not in any intellectual shortcomings, but we were deceived.

@Srecko Sostar  I agree with what you are saying but here in England (the parts I have lived and live now) most JWs are lazy. Many cannot be bothered to even study the Watchtower before the meeting. On the ministry it is terrible, they walk very slowly so as to take more time between houses because they don't really want to be there. Many will only do the minimum hours. They use the Org more as a social club. They do just enough of everything to keep the Elders happy. 

I agree with you, what they teach is truth mixed with deceit. And at first we 'swallow' it all. 

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.