The World News Media

JESUS' AUTHORITY VS. STEPHEN LETT'S AUTHORITY

Witness

It’s 2 minutes long.  I suggest listening to it twice.  Notice the undertones of ridicule directed against the “auTHORity” of Jesus Christ.   See if you detect the exemplified authority of the GB, placed on the same level as God’s word.  And how Jesus was aware of his “limitations”, not having authority “to teach others things that originated in his own mind”.  But this man? He displays no humble attitude before God’s Son.   Even though the GB persists in fabricating deception originating from THEIR minds, you are made aware that they are above and beyond such limitations! 

Honestly, JWs.  This is a man who told lies about the organization’s problem with child abuse. Now, he is blatantly exalting himself above Christ and his authority.  If any of you believe you will receive eternal life by “sticking close” to this false christ/prophet, and not Jesus Christ, I fear for your lives.  Will you continue to look the other way and excuse his and all of the GB’s actions, thinking that God will correct them?  God looks at us individually and views OUR choice to serve Him and His Son, or to serve men who expect obedience to them.  (Joel 3:14)

“Beware of the teachers of the law. They like to walk around in flowing robes and love to be greeted with respect in the marketplaces and have the most important seats in the synagogues and the places of honor at banquets. 47 They devour widows’ houses and for a show make lengthy prayers. These men will be punished most severely.”  Luke 20:46,47

Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves.” Matt 7:15 

“Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ.”  Col 2:8

“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’  Matt 7:21-23

Then the Lord said to me, “The prophets are prophesying lies in my name. I have not sent them or appointed them or spoken to them. They are prophesying to you false visions, divinations, idolatries and the delusions of their own minds.  Jer 14:14

• Views 1.2k
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jesus himself said he did not speak from his own initiative, but only what the Father had taught him, or told him to say.  The GB must speak from their own initiative as they are not guided by Go

In 2017, the same - Open club and JW members had Closed club. But people, JW people too, participate very much in Open club, because it is more interesting :))

It’s 2 minutes long.  I suggest listening to it twice.  Notice the undertones of ridicule directed against the “auTHORity” of Jesus Christ.   See if you detect the exemplified authority of the GB, pla

If the GB want to show that they are aware of their "own limitations" (like S. Lett's Jesus), then, the JW’s should only have one 10 minute lecture (basically reading the Bible text) per week or month in the assembly and the rest of the time they should sing and laugh.

And only one issue of WT magazine in a year. Preferable would be Awake with articles about animal and nature to praise Creator .

:))

3 hours ago, Melinda Mills said:

Closed club? Anna, what's happening here.

When I joined in 2016, it was an open club.  I remember the Librarian told me that everyone was allowed to "have their say".  Now that it is closed, maybe that has changed.  Maybe I am on the "soon to be removed" list.  

2 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

I think it is "closed" for only 489 members. :))

I have wondered about that number which doesn't seem to fluctuate.  I see "new members" coming on board, but does the tally ever change?  

Jesus himself said he did not speak from his own initiative, but only what the Father had taught him, or told him to say. 

The GB must speak from their own initiative as they are not guided by God's holy Spirit. 

The things Jesus taught came true or are still coming true.

The things that the leaders of CCJW have taught over the many years have not come true and have proved to be false. 

Lett:  “We have no authority to give our opinion on matters.  We have to make sure that when we speak, that what we say is “sodily” based on the scriptures and what’s been provided by the faithful slave."

When he says, “we”, he is not including himself or the rest of the GB members, but only his audience. JWs have NO AUTHORITY to give THEIR opinion on what is provided by the faithful slave.  Scripture doesn’t matter, since proving scripture that conflicts with their teaching leads to disfellowshipping.

“Sodily”, hmm.

Woe to the sinful nation,
    a people whose guilt is great,
a brood of evildoers,
    children given to corruption!
They have forsaken the Lord;
    they have spurned the Holy One of Israel
    and turned their backs on him.

Daughter Zion (anointed "Israel") is left
    like a shelter in a vineyard,
like a hut in a cucumber field,
    like a city under siege. - Rev 13:5-10; 16:13,14; 20:7-9
 Unless the Lord Almighty
    had left us some survivors,
we would have become like Sodom,
    we would have been like Gomorrah.

Hear the word of the Lord,
    you rulers of Sodom;
listen to the instruction of our God,
    you people of Gomorrah!
 “The multitude of your sacrifices—
    what are they to me?” says the Lord.
“I have more than enough of burnt offerings,
    of rams and the fat of fattened animals;
I have no pleasure
    in the blood of bulls and lambs and goats.
 When you come to appear before me,
    who has asked this of you,
    this trampling of my courts?

See how the faithful city
    has become a harlot!
She once was full of justice;
    righteousness used to dwell in her—
    but now murderers!

Zion will be delivered with justice,
    her penitent ones with righteousness.
 But rebels and sinners will both be broken,
    and those who forsake the Lord will perish.  Isa 1

"I was given a reed like a measuring rod and was told, “Go and measure the temple of God and the altar, with its worshipers. 2 But exclude the outer court; do not measure it, because it has been given to the Gentiles. They will trample on the holy city for 42 months. 3 And I will appoint my two witnesses, and they will prophesy for 1,260 days, clothed in sackcloth.” 4 They are “the two olive trees” and the two lampstands, and “they stand before the Lord of the earth.”  (Zech chapter 4)

Now when they have finished their testimony, the beast that comes up from the Abyss will attack them, and overpower and kill them. 8 Their bodies will lie in the public square of the great city—which is figuratively called Sodom and Egypt—where also their Lord was crucified. "  Rev 11

The second beast was given power to give breath ("spirit-directed") to the image ("Jehovah's organization") of the first beast, so that the image could speak and cause all who refused to worship the image to be killed.  Rev 13:15

"second beast" (Rev 13:11)  Then the angel said to me, “The waters you saw, where the harlot sits, are peoples, multitudes, nations and languages.  Rev 17:15

Then I heard another voice from heaven say:

“‘Come out of her, my people,’
    so that you will not share in her sins,
    so that you will not receive any of her plagues;
5 for her sins are piled up to heaven,
    and God has remembered her crimes.
6 Give back to her as she has given;
    pay her back double for what she has done.
    Pour her a double portion from her own cup.
7 Give her as much torment and grief
    as the glory and luxury she gave herself.
In her heart she boasts,
    ‘I sit enthroned as queen.
I am not a widow;
    I will never mourn.’
8 Therefore in one day her plagues will overtake her:
    death, mourning and famine.
She will be consumed by fire,
    for mighty is the Lord God who judges her.  Rev 18:4-8

1 hour ago, Witness said:

When I joined in 2016, it was an open club.  I remember the Librarian told me that everyone was allowed to "have their say".  Now that it is closed, maybe that has changed.  Maybe I am on the "soon to be removed" list.  

In 2017, the same - Open club and JW members had Closed club. But people, JW people too, participate very much in Open club, because it is more interesting :))

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.