The World News Media

WHAT DO WE NEED TO SERVE GOD PROPERLY ?

This has all probably been discussed before but :- The Question is, What do we NEED to serve God properly ? 

I'm sure there are lots of different opinions. But there has to be some very basics.

The right heart condition is needed. The ability and willingness to pray to God. A Bible to read and study.  Some basic true facts about who God is and who Christ is. 

To know that we need to pray through Jesus Christ when praying to God. To adjust our life to 'conform' to God's standards as best as we can. 

I think that is the basics. SO, the next question has to be, Where do we go from there. 

I suppose once we have some true knowledge about God and about his purpose then we would need to want to pass that information on to others (preaching / teaching )

BUT there is the rub. 'Once we have some TRUE knowledge about God' And that is where the problems start. 

@Space Merchant  is a man that studies many different religions and has his faith based on core doctrines from God's word. But he also does a lot of very deep studying to prove that his faith and beliefs are correct.

On the other hand, Jehovah's Witnesses teach that a person must become 'one of them' to serve God properly. And JWs generally do not do such deep personal studying. They tend to believe what their Governing Body / Writing Department print in the Watchtower magazine. 

@JW Insider is one of JWs, but he 'does not hold fast' to all their teachings. In fact he makes known some of the problems in the CCJW. 

TTH and Arauna seem to believe all that the CCJW teach, or, they are prepared to 'put up with it' until 'new light' appears from the CCJW.

Could that be counted as putting their faith in men ?

But how many Non-Trinitarian religions are there ? And how does a person know which one is the 'true' one ? In fact how long would it take a person to research and contact them all ?  

Or, could a person be a lone Christian ? Could a person pray for direct guidance through Holy Spirit to gain true understanding ? One needs to have true understanding for oneself and to teach others. 

We know that the Judgement will be on each of us individually, but how do we know the right path to take now ? 

#servinggod #servinggodproperly #servingjehovah

• Views 313
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It used to drive me nuts when I was told Jehovah wouldn't accept my worship if I wasn't wearing a suit and tie to a meeting.

“Then the brethren immediately sent Paul and Silas away by night to Berea. When they arrived, they went into the synagogue of the Jews. 11 These were more fair-minded than those in Thessalonica, in th

The most important thing, that is more of an issue than you might initially think, would be the right heart condition. If you want to simply dispute every thing that is published by Jehovahs Witnesses, then you don't have the right heart condition nor the right mind set. My father would say`` it's good to have an open mind, just not so open your brains fall out. No doubt. And that the balance for that. Secondly,   would you like every one to just call you man, probably not, you have a name.  So does God, Jehovah. When you call us JW`s, you are minimizing his name.  When some one who knows God's name don't want to use it, they are minimizing it.  Would you want that treatment. 

So then it's  about taking worship to Jehovah, personal. It's  not Sunday  go to church all sins forgiven. If you want that, not the right mind set. 

I actually could go on for a long time. Being someone who was raised a Jehovahs Witness, and studies Revelation, Daniel, Ezekiel and a lot more, what you put in to it, is what you get out. 

I'm not going to respond to any debate or input on this, it is just my input. 

@Timothy H Your first two sentences are slightly sly and misleading. Why ? Because they show no balance.

You are almost saying that if a person disputes the JW teachings then they have the wrong heart condition. 

Whereas is could be the right heart condition that causes the dispute. 

As for God's name, maybe it is Yahweh. Maybe even your GB agree it is Yahweh but don't want to change it for some unknown reason.

And if  " it's  about taking worship to Jehovah, personal. " then why would one need the CCJW to make the conditions ? 

However, you don't want to respond. So be it. So not much faith there then. 

On 6/17/2020 at 9:44 AM, Timothy H said:

The most important thing, that is more of an issue than you might initially think, would be the right heart condition. If you want to simply dispute every thing that is published by Jehovahs Witnesses, then you don't have the right heart condition nor the right mind set.

“Then the brethren immediately sent Paul and Silas away by night to Berea. When they arrived, they went into the synagogue of the Jews. 11 These were more fair-minded than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness, and searched the Scriptures daily to find out whether these things were so.”  Acts 11:10,11

Everything anyone teaches us from the Bible, should be backed up by the word of God. That should be our mindset, don't you think?

On 6/17/2020 at 9:44 AM, Timothy H said:

Secondly,   would you like every one to just call you man, probably not, you have a name.  So does God, Jehovah. When you call us JW`s, you are minimizing his name. 

Timothy, are you defending a name given to a group of people, by a man?  Was Mr. Rutherford inspired when he announced that all members of a new organization were to be called “Jehovah’s Witnesses”?  Well no, the man who said that all the ancient patriarchs would be resurrected and live in a house in San Diego, was not inspired.  The man who said Armageddon would arrive in 1925, was speaking delusions of his own mind, wasn’t he.  (Lam 2:14; Jer 23:26) 

He borrowed a scripture that applies to God’s chosen anointed priesthood:

You are my witnesses,” declares Yahweh,
    “and my servant whom I have chosen
so that you may know and believe in me
    and understand that I am he.
No god was formed before me,
    and none shall be after me.

I myself am Yahweh,
    and there is no savior besides Me!
12 I myself declared and saved,
    and I proclaimed. And there was no strange god among you.
And you are my witnesses,” declares Yahweh,
    “and I am God.” Isa 43:10-12  Lexham Bible

“And you yourselves, as living stones, are being built up as a spiritual house for a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.

But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for God’s possession, so that you may proclaim the virtues of the one who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light, 10 who once were not a people, but now are the people of God, the ones who were not shown mercy, but now are shown mercy”  1 Pet 2:5,9

Between those verses, Jesus is spoken as the precious chief cornerstone of God’s Temple,  (John 2:19-22 ) The anointed priests are "living stones" of that temple.  JF Rutherford rejected God’s temple arrangement, by spearheading an earthly organization and calling everyone who became a member, God’s chosen witnesses.  Has the chief cornerstone become a stumbling block to your leaders, who praise an invented organization and suppress the “living stones” of God’s spiritual “organization”/Temple?  Have they changed the meaning of scripture?

For it stands in scripture,

“Behold, I am laying in Zion a stone, a chosen and precious cornerstone,
and the one who believes in him will never be put to shame.”

Therefore the honor is for you who believe, but for those who refuse to believe,

“The stone that the builders rejected,
this one has become the cornerstone,”

and

“A stone of stumbling and a rock of offense,”

who stumble because they disobey the word to which also they were consigned.”

Consigned – appointed.  Each one of your anointed members is to teach you about this Temple, and about God and His Son.  They are not to proclaim the virtues of an earthly organization which has become a “strange god among you”, and that promises you and everyone who remains in it, salvation.  If these “living stones” are told to stay in the background, to be humble and submissive to 8 men and their own “priests” who now rule over them, what do you think God feels about the actions of His chosen witnesses?  (Mal 2:7; Dan 8:11;11:31; Mark 13:14)

“For there is no good tree that produces bad fruit, nor on the other hand a bad tree that produces good fruit, 44 for each tree is known by its own fruit. For figs are not gathered from thorn plants, nor are grapes harvested from thorn bushes. 45 The good person out of the good treasury of his heart brings forth good, and the evil person out of his evil treasury brings forth evil. For out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks.” Luke 6:43-45

Your leaders continue to mislead you about who the “chosen” witnesses of God, really are.  Are they teaching you “good fruit”, or utilizing a lie gleaned from a deep seated, evil treasury they’ve stored up in their hearts?

“For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.”  Matt 24:24

elect – chosen

Are you serving God properly if you ignore His temple arrangement, and who His true "witnesses" are...and instead, honor a "god of fortresses"?  Dan 11:38

https://4womaninthewilderness.blogspot.com/2014/04/who-are-yhwhs-witnesses.html

On 6/16/2020 at 1:29 PM, 4Jah2me said:

@Space Merchant  is a man that studies many different religions and has his faith based on core doctrines from God's word. But he also does a lot of very deep studying to prove that his faith and beliefs are correct.

On the other hand, Jehovah's Witnesses teach that a person must become 'one of them' to serve God properly. And JWs generally do not do such deep personal studying. They tend to believe what their Governing Body / Writing Department print in the Watchtower magazine. 

I have my reasons for bringing brought up to study different religions granted I am of my own, more or less, often times to understand of whom I am preaching to, likewise to that of Apostle Paul, who preached to people he knew about in terms of practice and culture, which is mentioned in the Bible.

My faith is based on Scripture, studying is an aspect, but it is God's Word that builds the faith, studying and interpretation is but tools. As for faith, I live it. Because of my faith, I, like many Christians pick up the mantle of those centuries ago when they were against falsehood, an example would be Bishop Irenaeus, as is with the Christian community who profess to study and learning, I originate from.

As for the JWs, what you deem here is a misconception. Granted the ample evidence in question concerning serving God and to be saved, so to speak. Such subject have been discussed time and time again, likewise, people were invited to even discuss this matter a while back. There were some items taken out of context, but delving deeper, you have a conclusion, the truth of the matter. Granted, the view of serving God and to find Truth has always been the same with Restorationist since the Great Christian Awakenings (aka The Religious Revivals) - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Awakening

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.