The World News Media

Celebrated Watchtower Scholar, Rolf Furuli, Disfellowshipped

Ann O'Maly

Reports on the internet grapevine say that his disfellowshipping was announced at his congregation's midweek Zoom meeting last week.

SOURCE

It was inevitable, and he knew it would end like this which, to his mind I guess, proves his point about the GB being autocratic, dictatorial, and 'disfellowshipping on the basis of human commandments' (p. 326-7).

I wonder what he'll do now. Write more controversial books? Fizzle out?

• Views 4.1k
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Reports on the internet grapevine say that his disfellowshipping was announced at his congregation's midweek Zoom meeting last week. SOURCE It was inevitable, and he knew it would end like

Thank you for this information. If it is true then it does indeed prove his point. Of course the blind JWs will defend their god the GB. It is who they worship and they just cannot see beyond th

.....or they will be removed by human hands aka new policy, new people in management structure, "new light" about GB and so on.   

6 hours ago, Ann O'Maly said:

It was inevitable, and he knew it would end like this which, to his mind I guess, proves his point about the GB being autocratic, dictatorial, and 'disfellowshipping on the basis of human commandments' (p. 326-7).

I wonder what he'll do now. Write more controversial books? Fizzle out?

That's true. That's why he wrote the book to begin with, since he had already been removed as an overseer. Just like Raymond Franz, his thinking on matters of God belong to those that have fundamental flawed views about scripture. In other words, those in spiritual responsibility let it go to their heads instead of sticking to scripture. I've seen enough Elders and Ministerial Servants, they believe they understand scripture while not realizing how far they have gone from scripture. Usually, those are the ones with a greater voice, but then again, so does the devil.

So, it wasn't a surprise. Now he can concentrate on apostate books like the rest of them. Maybe he will get some pointers from "Floyd" lol!

1 hour ago, Nathaniel Compton said:

I've seen enough Elders and Ministerial Servants, they believe they understand scripture while not realizing how far they have gone from scripture.

Your words revealed how you have extra perception ability and/or how people who are elders and MS are of no good, according to your conclusions about them. Interesting! And what is your "position" in congregation? Rank and file members or something else? How you "dare" to talk against "older men"? :))) What example you giving to other JW members here?! :)))) Or, members just have leaders they deserve? :))

Please down vote me. I collect that.

9 hours ago, Nathaniel Compton said:

That's why he wrote the book to begin with, since he had already been removed as an overseer.

Talk of removing him as an overseer goes a ways back, but I never heard that this was actually done. If it was done recently this could even explain a few things. But I couldn't tell for sure if this was just your opinion or a guess.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.