The World News Media

This appeared in my Youtube for some strange reason. Old news I know but makes a point about shunning.

• Views 158
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Similar Content

• By Witness
      There is a revealing comment made on a recent organization’s video about trials JWs may face, that would test their faith and hope.  The speaker referred to these times as “storms”, using the account of Peter walking toward Jesus on the water, and how he temporarily lost faith before taking hold of Jesus’ hand. (Matt 14:22-33)   One example that he gave of someone’s ‘temporary, momentary weakness of faith’, was of a missionary couple who was sent home after many years in service.  This was referred to as “adjustments that affect our privileges in service”.  Apparently, this “privilege” to serve the organization in this capacity, came to an end. The person claimed to lose all sense of direction, and nothing in life seemed important. I can imagine how losing a “privilege” can be a demeaning experience. 
      We are aware that hundreds of people have been let go from Bethel at a moment’s notice.  Who was the source of this “storm” that these ousted ones now had to endure?  Who granted, and also removed, the “privilege” that people had thought was toward serving God? The speaker admitted that leaving the ‘comfort zone of full-time service’ can cause a storm.  It can produce fear in what is to come. It is interesting that even though the organization caused this upheaval, the speaker puts the burden on the victim, if they are at all affected by the storm and their ‘faith weakens’.  This really puts the organization on a “god” pedestal, whose decisions cannot be questioned, and who is never guilty for the suffering of others.  It aptly identifies the Beasts of Revelation that demand unwavering loyalty.  (Rev 13:1,2,11,12)
      In the event of a Bethel purge, some individuals have come to realize their entire service was to men, and not to God.  At this epiphany, they left the organization because of it. They recognized that no matter how much they gave and sacrificed of themselves, they were replaceable.  This really is no different than factory workers dismissed from their job without reason. 
      If we are faithful to God and Jesus, and obedient to His word, would we be replaceable?  Is this how God and Jesus express their love to us? (John 3:16; John 14:21; Luke 12:7; 2 Cor 9:8)
      Well, it seems obvious that there is no love in an organization that terminates people without a second thought, or the reason why.  (Matt 22:39; Rom 13:10; John 10:7-13; 1 John 4:9-11; 5:3)
      Can faith and hope flourish, without love?
      “But now faith, hope, love, abide these three; but the greatest of these is love.” 1 Cor 13:13
      If love is missing, can truth flourish?
      "Love does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth"  1 Cor 13:6
      Putting our faith in an earthly organization that is fully immersed in this world, is folly. (Prov 14:8; Isa 2:12,17,7,8) 
      Putting our faith in men and their lusts for power and riches, is pure blindness. (Prov 26:4; Isa 2:8,9,22;Luke 16:15; John 12:40; 2 Cor 4:3,4;11:13-15; Rom 1:25)
      The leadership centralizes their faith and hope in what they have built and desire to keep building.  Yes, they have a storyline to promote to their members and recruited new ones; but it is just that – a fabricated deceitful storyline, absent of God’s truth. (2 Thess 2:9-11) It promises salvation, a concept that is ‘bought’ with one’s full commitment to the organization and its leadership. (Luke 21:8; Rom 6:16; 1 Tim 4:1; 2 Pet 2:1-3; 2 Tim 4:3,4; Rev 16:13-16) (John 7:18; 2 Cor 11:3,4,20; Rom 6:16; Col 2:8; Rev 13:1,4,7-10,11,16,17)
      The speaker used the illustration of Peter grasping the hand of Jesus as depicting a restoration of his faith.  Jesus wants us to do the same today when we leave the drowning waters of Wormwood – the apostate “city”. (Rev 8:10,11; 13:11; 17:1,2; Luke 17:26-37; Rev 18:4)
      Turning back to the ‘beggarly things’ of the world, as in the case of the missionary rekindling his hope in the organization, will only cause terminal downfall. (Gal 4:9; Phil 3:19; Rev 13:4,8)
      Many who were associated with the "Watchtower" organization, have lost cherished things, due to being cast off as wicked by their local congregation. The spiritual path each one has chosen afterward, has varied. Which of those post-"Watchtower" paths, leads to eternal life?
      What follows, are excerpts from my reply to someone who asked such questions, after his rejection of the wicked steward's wormwood waters, and his exodus from the "City" of apostate Jerusalem. He wants to know how God views these decisions, and what reward he can expect for his discernment and decisive action to cease his association with God's rebellious and idolatrous nation.  Pearl Doxsey
      2 Cor 6:16-18; Eph 4:24,25; 5:11; Ps 26:4; Rev 18:4; Jer 51:6,9,45; Isa 48:20; Matt 24:14-16
      I encourage any who have left the organization, to read her reply:  
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.

Am I being too harsh to say that the organization is an unrelenting, bloodsucking iron beast?  Not in the least.  (Rev 9:1-3,7-11; 13:5-7)

• By Srecko Sostar
      In the age of this Corona contagion, the term "social distance" emerged. In recommending how to protect their health against this virus, health care providers have introduced some measures regarding the behavior of people in their interactions with each other. One of them is famous "social distance".

What does it mean first of all to have "social distance" in this Corona context? This means that the physical distance between persons must not be less than 1 meter, or 2 meters or similar. This is actually about physical distance, not social distance. Because, no one forbade people to talk and exchange thoughts. By any means, directly or virtually, using technology.

From this we could conclude that the term/word and the means used to prevent infection is deficient in clarity, is wrong. Having a "social distance" would mean refraining from making intellectual and emotional contact with other people. It would mean that we do not want to talk to them, that we do not want to accept them as people belonging to a particular "social" group. It would mean that don't want to see them, literally and transmitted. Specifically, we see that these disease measures primarily seek to reduce physical contact between people. This is about "close physical contact". Anything less than 6 feet. :))
      What is interesting about Corona measures? WTJWorg using both sort of measures to control "disease" inside Organization for very long time, and without possibility to "relax" this measures. With "shunning" policy JW's members using social and physical distance on people who are not JW members any more. That could mean how "Corona" existing constantly inside WTJWorg, long before Wuhan :)).
    • By 4Jah2me
      I was in conversation with an elder last week (or maybe two weeks ago) and I don't quite know how we got onto the topic but we started talking about suicide. I was a bit surprised when he said "But don't commit suicide or you will not get a resurrection". 
      I was wondering where exactly this information comes from. Having recovered from the shock, I have since emailed this elder and got no response. I have looked on JW Org and read a couple of older articles on there, but they seemed to say that it is or was not their place to judge, which i agree with. 
      So, is there 'new light' on the subject of suicide ? If so where does this new light come from ? And what scriptures back up this 'new light' ?
      I will willingly read any recent articles that are passed on to me, as this latest information, if it is true, i find disturbing. I know of many people that have committed suicide, both inside and outside of the Jehovah's Witnesses Organisation. 

• By Witness
      A message from a former Bethelite.

• By James Thomas Rook Jr.
      Is it fair?

Is it FAIR.wmv
    • By Albert Michelson
      What is the good news?

The Bible is clear that even if someone had been clearly selected by god if they deviate from the truth they are to be rejected. 

Galatians 1:8-9 However, even if we or an angel out of heaven were to declare to YOU as good news something beyond what we declared to YOU as good news, let him be accursed.  9 As we have said above, I also now say again, Whoever it is that is declaring to YOU as good news something beyond what YOU accepted, let him be accursed.

This holds even more weight for ones like the GB who are not clearly selected and who's claim to authority rests solely on a demonstrably false interpretation of scripture.
      The organization claims that the 1914 teaching is necessary for salvation and even goes as far as to claim that the 1914 teaching is the good news spoken of in the Bible.
      *** w67 12/15 pp. 753-754 pars. 3-4 What Now Distinguishes the Good News to Be Preached ***
      "What a joy-inspiring addition or enlargement to the good news now to be preached! Now has come the victorious kingdom of our God together with the authority of his Christ, his Messiah! As for Satan the Devil and his demons, they have only a short period of time until they are bound and imprisoned in the abyss after the “war of the great day of God the Almighty” at Armageddon. All this additional wonderful information has been true since the end of the “appointed times of the nations” in 1914, and particularly since World War I closed in the year 1918. Not before the “appointed times of the nations” ended in the fall of 1914 could the good news be preached of the newborn, established heavenly kingdom of God and of his Messiah. This, then, must be the good news that Jesus Christ in his prophecy said had to be preached first in all the nations. (Mark 13:10) This generation of human society that has seen and experienced the world events since the Gentile Times closed in 1914—this is the “generation” that will not pass away until all the things foretold have happened, including the preaching of the good news first in all nations.
      4 Jesus’ prophecy in Mark 13:10, “Also, in all the nations the good news has to be preached first,” has not been undergoing fulfillment during the past nineteen centuries. It is only since the second decade of our twentieth century that this prophecy has been undergoing fulfillment. This began to be realized by the International Bible Students Association and the Watch Tower Bible & Tract Society since the end of the second decade of our century. In the magazine issue of July 1, 1920, of The Watch Tower and Herald of Christ’s Presence the article was published entitled “Gospel of the Kingdom” and based on the theme text, “‘And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.’—Matthew 24:14.”
       It is for this reason that the organization is chained to the 1914 teaching. As the scripture I quoted above demonstrates the Bible says that one who teaches a good news that is false is cursed. If the organization admits that the 1914 and 1919 teachings are false they will have to admit that not only were they not selected as gods channel but that they have been teaching a false good news for the majority of their existence. It is for that reason that they disfellowship and shun people who cannot conscientiously remain in the faith. It's easier to just eliminate the opposition then to actually address the real issues with your theology. 
      *** w86 4/1 pp. 30-31 Questions From Readers ***
      Why have Jehovah’s Witnesses disfellowshipped (excommunicated) for apostasy some who still profess belief in God, the Bible, and Jesus Christ?

"Approved association with Jehovah’s Witnesses requires accepting the entire range of the true teachings of the Bible, including those Scriptural beliefs that are unique to Jehovah’s Witnesses. What do such beliefs include?

That the great issue before humankind is the rightfulness of Jehovah’s sovereignty, which is why he has allowed wickedness so long. (Ezekiel 25:17) That Jesus Christ had a prehuman existence and is subordinate to his heavenly Father. (John 14:28) That there is a “faithful and discreet slave” upon earth today ‘entrusted with all of Jesus’ earthly interests,’ which slave is associated with the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses. (Matthew 24:45-47) That 1914 marked the end of the Gentile Times and the establishment of the Kingdom of God in the heavens, as well as the time for Christ’s foretold presence. (Luke 21:7-24; Revelation 11:15–12:10) That only 144,000 Christians will receive the heavenly reward. (Revelation 14:1, 3) That Armageddon, referring to the battle of the great day of God the Almighty, is near. (Revelation 16:14, 16; 19:11-21) That it will be followed by Christ’s Millennial Reign, which will restore an earth-wide paradise. That the first to enjoy it will be the present “great crowd” of Jesus’ “other sheep.”—John 10:16; Revelation 7:9-17; 21:3, 4."

This is supposedly a list of the fundamental doctrines of Jehovah's Witnesses that all are required to believe. You will in most cases be disfellowshiped for not believing in one or more of them. Unfortunately the truth is most of them are false.
    • By Jack Ryan
      Do not complain at Bethel exjw.mp4

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.