The World News Media

Wasn't Jesus' supposed parousia/advent to be recognized only by those who had spiritual insight at the time?

JW Insider

@4Jah2me a while back you expressed  contempt at the fact that there is a JW only club and mockingly wondered what kind of topics might be discussed there. Well before this topic was moved here, (since it was off topic in the Furuli discussion) I considered making it a topic in the JW only club for the very reason that has become apparent  with your latest comment. In the JW only club, we like to actually discuss scriptures and their application, without inserting child sexual abuse or the imperfections of imperfect people every chance there is. That is the reason why the JW only club was set up, to avoid that. That is not to say the problems regarding child sexual abuse are not discussed there, they are, but under a relevant topic. I wish I had moved this topic there now. 😠

• Views 1.6k
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes. It looks like this matches up best with the scriptures. I think that "synteleia" and "parousia" refer to the same time period. Synteleia can refer to the end of many things together, similar to a

Yes. That's my opinion. (It's also stated as a possibility in the Watchtower, but I think most people missed it.) I noticed something funny when that article came out. I made it a point to bring it up

If you look up the phrase "interesting possibiity" in the Watchtower Library you will also find this statement: *** w07 1/1 p. 28 par. 12 “The First Resurrection”—Now Under Way! *** Could it, t

@Anna I don't know which of my above comments you are referring to. Is it the comment referring to Americans deliberately killing innocent people ?  Or is it about the Faith, Doctrine, Love, Morality etc ? 

@JW Insider Call it trolling if it pleases you but it just makes sense to me that your GB are nearly all American, and nearly all White. And your comment about how murderous and hateful Americans can be and how they seem to have no regard for human life just adds up to why your GB are like they are. 

@Anna  I have no interest in your JW Only Club. You can all sing each others praises if you wish, and tell each other lies about how wonderful you think your GB are and the Org is.

However when JWI changes this interesting topic on scripture about Jesus, to a fairy tale view of the CCJW, then I felt the need to point out his blindness or his 'rose tinted spectacles'. 

The more I hear about America the more I wish that God would build His earthly part of His  'Organisation' somewhere else. 

--------------------------------------------------

Slightly back on topic though :- Quote @JW Insider from his first comment.

"We know that Jesus' invisible presence began in the first century, around 33 CE, because, as Jesus said:

(Matthew 18:20) For where there are two or three gathered together in my name, there I am in their midst.

(Matthew 28:20) . . .And look! I am with you all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.”

So, Jesus is invisibly present with Christians always from his resurrection UNTIL the conclusion (Gk, synteleia)

-------------------------------------

Surely Jesus was talking to the Anointed here. So surely these scriptures are for the Anointed only. 

Now the Matthew 18 v 20 scripture is interesting as it says  For where there are two or three gathered together in my name, there I am in their midst.

Think about this, because your GB tell the Anointed NOT to gather together and they say it would be 'Working against the Holy Spirit' 

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.