The World News Media

What do you do for fun?

Matthew9969

I thought I would open up  light hearted conversation, what do you do for fun? Myself I enjoy teaching Kids at my church, Krav Maga self defense course, playing some games on my PlayStation, and watching movies on the big screen, (although that isn't going to happen any time soon).

• Views 541
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I exercise a lot. I go for two hour walks, and this morning it seems I managed 137 steps per minute, speed walking, although i was only waking for 90 minutes this morning.  I also have a 'chin up bar'

@Arauna Very interesting detail. Thanks for sharing. @4Jah2me Nice car!  and kudos on the exercise.  I need to do more of that... and less eating myself.

More fun. I've just purchased this lovely old Ford Model AA lorry. It's British, right hand drive, manufactured in Dagenham, England. Previous owner lost his storage space and was in panic, so I

Posted Images

I sing opera - not every day but when I feel like it... and only half hour.  I read a lot, write some and do research, do a lot of field service (less now), walk everywhere, cook, watch documentaries and read bible.  I prepare well for all meetings and improving 3 languages at present.  I am brushing up on two languages I already know and one is new.... to keep brain active.  I used to do exercises but stopped....  and hope to start a new exercise schedule today due to the fact that I picked up a lot of weight in the first 3 months of lockdown - I could not go walking and ate too much.  I love chatting with friends - this I will always keep up with.. I sew sometimes and do arty-farty things. Other things I want to do will just have to wait - not enough time in the day for all I want to do.

I exercise a lot. I go for two hour walks, and this morning it seems I managed 137 steps per minute, speed walking, although i was only waking for 90 minutes this morning.  I also have a 'chin up bar' in the doorway between my 'office room' and the kitchen. I have a sit up bar which is permanently 'hooked' under the door. I can manage 50 sit ups on a good day, 40 on a bad day. And i have a stepper for exercise if it's raining too hard to walk outside. I love exercise for many reasons, but it makes me hungry, and another enjoyment of mine is eating.  I love fruit of many kinds, and veg. I do think about God and offer thanks for all the wonderful different kinds of food that we have to eat. (Lunch break takes me an hour, I never rush food).  I'm thinking, seriously, of learning Ballet. I was attending dance classes previously at a fabulous Studio, doing Jazz and 'street' dance, and also 'Musical theatre', but my brain wasn't quick enough to fit all the movements together. I'm physically fit enough, but my brain just doesn't seem to coordinate (is that the right word) the movements. I'm hoping Ballet will be slower and easier to learn.  At 70 years old I'm not ready to just sit in my rocking chair and sleep. I am still receiving the 'study editions' of the Watchtower but admit to not reading them often, and my Bible reading has lapsed. I drive a 'very unusual' old car which gives me great pleasure but would get disapproval from the Org, and probably gets disapproval from my neighbours too. (I don't tend to talk to my neighbours as it's not the way my wife and i want to live. We much prefer our own privacy)  I do find that older people are so boring in that they seem to think there is an age limit on everything. The old idea of, 'You can't wear that you are too old'. or, 'You can't drive a car like that at your age'....  My feeling is that Almighty God has a good sense of humour, and that he does not disapprove of so much.  

moff n stuff 043.JPG

3 hours ago, 4Jah2me said:

I exercise a lot. I go for two hour walks, and this morning it seems I managed 137 steps per minute, speed walking, although i was only waking for 90 minutes this morning.  I also have a 'chin up bar' in the doorway between my 'office room' and the kitchen. I have a sit up bar which is permanently 'hooked' under the door. I can manage 50 sit ups on a good day, 40 on a bad day. And i have a stepper for exercise if it's raining too hard to walk outside. I love exercise for many reasons, but it makes me hungry, and another enjoyment of mine is eating.  I love fruit of many kinds, and veg. I do think about God and offer thanks for all the wonderful different kinds of food that we have to eat. (Lunch break takes me an hour, I never rush food).  I'm thinking, seriously, of learning Ballet. I was attending dance classes previously at a fabulous Studio, doing Jazz and 'street' dance, and also 'Musical theatre', but my brain wasn't quick enough to fit all the movements together. I'm physically fit enough, but my brain just doesn't seem to coordinate (is that the right word) the movements. I'm hoping Ballet will be slower and easier to learn.  At 70 years old I'm not ready to just sit in my rocking chair and sleep. I am still receiving the 'study editions' of the Watchtower but admit to not reading them often, and my Bible reading has lapsed. I drive a 'very unusual' old car which gives me great pleasure but would get disapproval from the Org, and probably gets disapproval from my neighbours too. (I don't tend to talk to my neighbours as it's not the way my wife and i want to live. We much prefer our own privacy)  I do find that older people are so boring in that they seem to think there is an age limit on everything. The old idea of, 'You can't wear that you are too old'. or, 'You can't drive a car like that at your age'....  My feeling is that Almighty God has a good sense of humour, and that he does not disapprove of so much.  

moff n stuff 043.JPG

Ilove it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

More fun. I've just purchased this lovely old Ford Model AA lorry. It's British, right hand drive, manufactured in Dagenham, England.

Previous owner lost his storage space and was in panic, so I offered him a 'reasonable price' which, with his wife's persuasion, he accepted. :)   I love old vehicles, they are so honest. No complications, no nonsense. They just do their job, whether it's to use or just to look pretty.  

truck n minx 002.JPG

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.