The World News Media

The splitting off of another TrueTomHarley non-sequitur.

Arauna

• Views 439
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nothing wrong with that in my view. Not draconian. Maybe I should have started my own new topic. The reason I didn’t is that people (such as yourself) do not see new topics and have to ask where they

Here it is: Bart Ehrman’s Heaven and Hell—Any JW Could Have Written This Okay, start by walking it back. They couldn’t. Not all of it. But the gist of it they could, and that is a claim that few

Speaking of the mark of the beast.    have you tried Virginia honey roasted ham? So delicious.     shall we share recipes?

4 hours ago, Arauna said:

It seems they have removed True Tom Hartley's last comment to another thread?  Like any conversation, it does deviate a bit and then come back...to the main subject...... so  What is the purpose of the strict enforcement of draconian rules? 

Not removed. Just split into its own thread. 

sadly we don’t have a multithreaded forum here.  

9 hours ago, Arauna said:

It seems they have removed True Tom Hartley's last comment to another thread?  Like any conversation, it does deviate a bit and then come back...to the main subject...... so  What is the purpose of the strict enforcement of draconian rules? 

Fear not, the comment is here: 

Plus, you-know-who has joined in—the prospect of which probably contributed to my comment’s removal. Note how he broods that comments on “worldly” topics such as the discussion here is part of an evil smokescreen.

@TrueTomHarley I'm surprised that JWs would be politically motivated to take sides on such issues. But i had no part in your comment being moved. Neither do I have time to study 'world politics' as you people seem to find time to do. However separating 'religion' from politics seems a good idea even if some folks don't like the rules. 

2 hours ago, 4Jah2me said:

separating 'religion' from politics seems a good idea even if some folks don't like

Yes we do that but it does not mean we must deliberately keep ourselves in the dark.  Jesus himself was executed as a political prisoner because he had offended the religious rulers.  All they could pin on him was the fact that he said he had a "kingdom".  

Similarly, we are only loyal to jehovah's kingdom. Soon we will also be hunted down as political radicals because we refuse the mark of the beast. Do you know what is the mark of the beast?

12 hours ago, Arauna said:

What is the purpose of the strict enforcement of draconian rules? 

Nothing wrong with that in my view. Not draconian. Maybe I should have started my own new topic. The reason I didn’t is that people (such as yourself) do not see new topics and have to ask where they are. Also, plenty of others chime in at will with non-sequitors—the old pork chop was adamant that was the best way—so if they can do it, so can I. Besides, didn’t JWI praise me in an earlier comment for bringing his thread back on topic? The old hen didn’t see fit it acknowledge THAT, did she? Maybe I will join 4Jah and Cesar in dark muttering about how some people get all the breaks, like ...ahem....”ex-Bethelites”...while other truth tellers, even those with ‘true’ as part of their username, get sent to the woodshed!

Never fear. Not to worry. Right in my post I said I have no problem were it switched, and it should be and has been. I figured it was JWI that did it, but it seems it was @The Librarian. All is well.

Plus, as a bonus, 4Jah jumps in with the only topic he knows, a topic he tries to make the lead topic anywhere, but there is no way he can do it with a secular discussion of China. He may not even know where China is and, at any rate, seems to think it wrong for a Christian to know anything other than the Bible. His topic isn’t relevant here, either, but he imagines he can get away with it without being assigned a separate thread, as he should be. Meanwhile, I get to write up a refined post on the Time Magazine/Ehrman article, building upon what is already said, and even benefiting from feedback from some of his dopey remarks. When done, I’ll put it on my blog and here if it is not too repetitious.

34 minutes ago, The Librarian said:

don’t let that go to your head. 🙂

Too late. I just tried to leave the house and my head got stuck in the door jamb.

35 minutes ago, The Librarian said:

You are correct about my inconsistency. I am no able to police every thread 

Of course not. I’m amazed you can do what you do. No complaints here at all. I thank you for providing such a forum and being so indulgent with characters like me who push the bounds frequently.

4 hours ago, The Librarian said:

posting everything inside a busy thread isn’t a good idea. ....how would you prefer we do it? Just let everyone talk about whatever they want on just one topic?

I don’t why the obvious answer hasn’t occurred to you. 

You must forbid any comment to have anything to do with the preceding one. All comments will thereafter line up like ducks just to defy you. Dave McClure, a circuit overseer from long ago put it best: “There are people who will not do something until you tell them they can’t.”

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.