The World News Media

Jehovah's Witnesses demand 25 million from the state - Sweden

google translation from article in Sweden, - 

Hello guest!

25 000 000 SEK = cca 2.400.000,00 EUR (2.800.000,00 US Dollar)

Jehovah's Witnesses demand 25 million from the state

Published 9 Jul 2020 at 17.00

Jehovah's Witnesses have been denied state funding for several years. 

Last year, the government overturned the decision - and now the organization is demanding SEK 25 million in compensation. 

After being denied state subsidies twelve years in a row, the government last year approved the organization as eligible to receive grants for denominations. 

The reason was a ruling by the Supreme Administrative Court which ruled that the practices of Jehovah's Witnesses - such as denying blood transfusions - do not in themselves constitute sufficient grounds for denying state subsidies. 

Requires SEK 25 million

Jehovah's Witnesses believe that their rights under the European Convention have been violated. 

Jehovah's Witnesses are now applying for damages of nearly 25 million in compensation for the years without support, as evidenced by documents produced by News Agency Siren. 

The claim, which has been sent to the Chancellor of Justice, applies to both financial and non-pecuniary damage. Jehovah's Witnesses also include legal costs to claim their case.

• Views 931
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What I remember is Ronald J Sider’s book ‘The Scandal of the Evangelical Conscience—Why are Christians Living Just Like the Rest of the World.’ After reviewing dozens of verses on conduct, he says “if Paul is even close to being right on what it means to be a Christian, these verses ought to drive us to our knees in repentance, and then determination to reform. He is an evangelical leader with suggestions for reform. Of course, they are of an organizational nature. And, of course, JWs

Its all about Money,Money!

No, you don’t have to explain anything; although you’ve just cemented the fact that no Holy Spirit is needed to run the WT.  It only needs people.  And money.  Just like all the other “worldly” religious organizations, right?  

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Jehovah's Witnesses have been denied state funding for several years. ...Last year, the government overturned the decision - and now the organization is demanding SEK 25 million in compensation. 

Well? Of course. The only verb that has probably been added is “demand.” Change it to “asserted that the consequences of the wrong classification should be addressed” and one could not expect anything else.

Maybe no religions should get state funding. Maybe no charitable organizations should. That is a separate issue. 

But if they do, and JWs alone were excluded due to a prior incorrect classification, then of course that should be rectified.

It sounds like a lot of money 2.5 million dollars is not that much when other religions were receiving subsidies but we were discriminated against for  12 years.   Divide it by twelve and it is just over 2 million per year.  They are, I think, just asking what was due to them including costs.

7 minutes ago, Arauna said:

They are, I think, just asking what was due to them including costs.

They did the same in France, when that country’s 60% tax on JW donations was ruled discriminatory by the ECHR. France had to make amends, just as Russia will have to if we can imagine Russia heeding the rulings of outside courts.

No part of the world but demanding the world's money. Typical hypocrisy of the GB and it's Lawyers.

Most religions 'allow' their congregants to fight on behalf of their country. 

Most religions 'allow' their congregants to vote for politicians / governments. 

Most religions 'allow' their congregants to give blood and to accept vaccines.

In other words, most religions are part of that world. Hence those religions support the country and then the country supports that religion.  That all make sense in a practical way. (Wrong in a spiritual way of course) 

BUT, the CCJW is supposed to be no part of this world. So it does not 'allow' it's congregants to fight on behalf of the country, it does not allow its congregants to vote and it does not allow its congregants to give blood or accept some vaccines. So therefore it contributes nothing to the safety or upbuilding of the country, so why should such countries support the CCJW ? 

The CCJW shouldn't want money from the country.  Jesus and the Apostles didn't ask for money from the Jews or the Romans. They worked to support themselves and received help from those they ministered to. 

Jesus said render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's. Jesus didn't say take from Caesar or expect Caesar to give.  The GB prove themselves not to be serving God or Christ, more and more each day. 

But if they do get the money, what will they have to do in return ? 

Why in the world would anyone downvote the 2nd-above post? A 60% tax on religious donations is just?

It is worth pointing out also that this situation in France began decades ago, long before anyone’s favorite issue arose front and center.

If religious exemption is cut off for everyone there will be no objection here. But as long as it exists, JWs are entitled to it as much as any other faith. Probably more so, in fact, since such exemption is founded on the premise that religious faith makes for more upright people, thus improving overall society and saving the state much policing work. JW’s, though they may not bat 100%, given human imperfection, do fit the bill on this. Most religions consist of members whose conduct is indistinguishable from the overall world.

The only thing that is lacking is that a penalty or fine might be levied upon whoever fed the government the faulty information that caused them to classify the Witness organization wrongly In the first place. Wouldn’t that be an appropriate thing? Then a certain yo-yo would be saying: “Oh dear. Oh dear. It’s looks like my side is getting its head handed to it on a platter by the CCJW.”

The down vote was simply because TTH was trying to justify the GB and its Lawyers money grabbing from the world. The world that they pretend to be no part of. 

And my explanation as to why other religions should get monetary help but the CCJW shouldn't is clear enough for a five year old child to understand. But Tom chooses not to see it. 

To quote @TrueTomHarleyIt is worth pointing out also that this situation in France began decades ago, long before anyone’s favorite issue arose front and center.   

Please be aware that it is TOM that is now bringing up the CSA issue here, but slyly. 

As Tom is referring to CSA, well I think CSA 'arose' well over 50 years ago in the American part of the JW organisation. If Australia had CSA information from 50 years ago I'm sure USA has CSA information going back further.  Sorry that Tom had taken us off topic here. 

Quote Tom "since such exemption is founded on the premise that religious faith makes for more upright people, thus improving overall society and saving the state much policing work. JW’s, though they may not bat 100%, given human imperfection, do fit the bill on this. Most religions consist of members whose conduct is indistinguishable from the overall world."

The conduct of many JWs is no better that that of other religions right now, but JWs fail to see it. And members of other religions seem to be more helpful to the community as a whole. Plus the things I mentioned previously, such as defending the country at war and participating in elections of governments. Things that a worldly government would be looking at.  

As for anyone taking sides, I've no idea. BUT I do like to see things from both sides. 

And I notice that Tom is calling me names again. Him and C.C are definitely part of the same club. :) Those people have to make it all so personal. 

2 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Probably more so, in fact, since such exemption is founded on the premise that religious faith makes for more upright people, thus improving overall society and saving the state much policing work. JW’s, though they may not bat 100%, given human imperfection, do fit the bill on this. Most religions consist of members whose conduct is indistinguishable from the overall world.

This statement is very telling in that you live in a very small world and have never been inside another church. I remember the old saying, 'if everyone in the world was a jehovahs witness, there would be no crime, no war, etc.' On the other hand there would be no charity, millions of people would die every year due to refusing blood transfusions, and there would literally be at least 1 billion child molesters with free reign to do what they want.

5 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

The only verb that has probably been added is “demand.”

Jehovas vittnen kräver 25 miljoner av staten

Synonymer till kräva - 

Hello guest!

subst.

(zool.) säcklik del av matstrupe (hos fåglar), matstrupssäck

verb

1. fordra, begära, yrka på, påyrka, äska, framföra krav på; tarva, behöva, erfordra, framtvinga, göra nödvändig

2. infordra, utkräva, avkräva, avfordra

3. kosta, skörda

Synonyms for require ........................... google translator

• subst.
    1. (zool.) sac-like 
        Hello guest!
        Hello guest!
        Hello guest!
       ( 
        Hello guest!
        Hello guest!
       ), 
        Hello guest!
  • verb
      • Hello guest!
        Hello guest!
        Hello guest!
        Hello guest!
        Hello guest!
        Hello guest!
       ; 
        Hello guest!
        Hello guest!
        Hello guest!
        Hello guest!
        Hello guest!
      • Hello guest!
        Hello guest!
        Hello guest!
        Hello guest!
      • Hello guest!
        Hello guest!
10 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Jehovah's Witnesses believe that their rights under the European Convention have been violated. 

10 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

But if they do, and JWs alone were excluded due to a prior incorrect classification, then of course that should be rectified.

Does God, who supposedly guides this organization need any monetary rectification or equality with other religions?  Or, is it men who demand rectification and equality?    

When did Christ’s kingdom become part of the world? 

“My kingdom doesn’t belong to this world. If my kingdom belonged to this world, my followers would fight to keep me from being handed over to the Jews. My kingdom doesn’t have its origin on earth.”  John 18:36

The “followers” of the organization which has its origin on earth, fight for the organization - on all levels.  They are not fighting for Christ, who has no interest in material possessions, including money.  So, why is this fight by “Jehovah’s organization”, for worldly funds from a government, a positive action?  JWs will reason that its rights as an organization must be upheld.  That’s fine, for an organization in the world.  But Christ and the Father cannot be linked to the world, no matter what the GB might tell their "sheep".  

“Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him, 16 because everything that is in the world—the desire of the flesh and the desire of the eyes and the arrogance of material possessions—is not from the Father, but is from the world. 17 And the world is passing away, and its desire, but the one who does the will of God remains forever.”  1 John 2:15-17

To the WT organization, money carries more clout than Holy Spirit.  

• Similar Content

• By Srecko Sostar
      Because that food has become "garbage."
      Such “spiritual food” that was produced and multiplied in the past in WTJWorg printing presses is no longer produced. Most publications (books, magazines, booklets...) that many JWs today don’t even know about, are no longer used. It has been forgotten on the shelves of few old JW members and in the archives of WTJWorg in America.
      Many publications were literally destroyed and / or thrown in the trash.
      Personally, I remember helping to throw away hundreds of books in Zagreb's Bethel (at the old address at 11 Kamaufova Street in Zagreb) before many decades. It was a small format book, if I'm not mistaken the color was light blue, hardcover) A few of us were a young workforce carrying boxes of books out of the basement. And some of us had astonished faces in disbelief wondering, "Is it not a sin to throw away the word of God written in these books"?
      The leading people of Bethel in Zagreb, together with the USA Administration, obviously did not consider such a procedure to be incorrect. Why? Well because of what many of us later realized. That wasn't "the truth" anyway. And more than that, it was not "the truth" from God. There are things that are “true” and without God to tell us that. But, WTJWorg used just the latter to convince people to accept human interpretations and beliefs as God's. Once upon a time, even today, they claim the same; that everything written in WTJWorg publications came from God via FDS channel or through GB.
      It is unlikely that someone who simply reads the Bible without taking advantage of divinely provided aids could discern the light. That is why Jehovah God has provided “the faithful and discreet slave,” foretold at Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. . Today that “slave” is represented by the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses. It is under the direction of this body that the “Light Bearers” District Convention has been arranged. - Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.  - Come to the “Light Bearers” District Convention
      Title of this article suggesting how GB is Light Bearers, and then all JW members who sow such "truth" are likewise, light bearers.
      Also: So, then, we have noted four basic avenues of aid: (1) reading and studying God’s Word, together with Christian literature; (2) persevering in prayer; (3) yielding to the influence of God’s holy spirit; and (4) enlisting the aid of mature Christians. In these ways, many, many persons have been helped in their struggle to overcome weaknesses. Yet, some have a far more difficult time conquering weaknesses than do others. Are there yet other aids that they could effectively use? - Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.
      Why do “divinely provided aids” end up in the trash?

• By Srecko Sostar
      Unfortunately, most Israelites failed to allow themselves to be led by the Law to Christ ( 
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.  ). That is why Jehovah God rejected that nation and caused the birth of 'Israel of God'. In addition, he invited non-Jews to become full citizens of this new Israel ( Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.  ). - Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.  I ask then: Did God reject his people? By no means! I am an Israelite myself, a descendant of Abraham, from the tribe of Benjamin. 2 God did not reject his people, whom he foreknew... - Rom 11

• By Srecko Sostar
      An excellent account about one of the key elements in WTJWorg theology - Memorial Partakers aka Anointed. Wherever you look, there is always something wrong with the Organization.

• By Srecko Sostar
      1 - EXPLANATION FOR PUBLIC

Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.  - Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. Am I Expected to Become One of Jehovah’s Witnesses if I Study the Bible With Them?
      No, you are not obligated in any way. Millions enjoy our Bible study program without becoming Jehovah’s Witnesses. Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.  The purpose of the program is to show you what the Bible teaches. What you decide to do with that knowledge is up to you. We recognize that faith is a personal matter.
      Why do you study with people who don’t join your faith?
      Our primary motive is love for Jehovah God,......We feel that there is no greater privilege than to be “God’s fellow workers” in helping people to learn what his Word teaches.— We are also motivated by love for our neighbors. -- We find joy in sharing with others the wonderful things we have learned.—.
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      2 - INSTRUCTIONS FOR JW MEMBERS
      How to Conduct a Bible Study That Leads to Baptism—Part Two - 
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. THE disciple-making work is a lifesaving work! How do we know? When Jesus gave the command that is recorded at Matthew 28:19, 20, he said: “Go, . . . make disciples . . . , baptizing them.” ......To make disciples, we need to develop the “art of teaching.”....But as noted in the preceding article, we want to know how we can help more of them to become baptized disciples of Jesus Christ.  Teachers must show genuine, personal interest in their students. View them as your future spiritual brothers or sisters. It is not easy for them to give up friends in the world and to make all the necessary changes to serve Jehovah. We need to help them find true friends in the congregation. Talk openly about Christian dedication and baptism. After all, our goal in  conducting a Bible study is to help a person become a baptized disciple. Within a few months of having a regular Bible study and especially after beginning to attend meetings, the student should understand that the purpose of the Bible study is to help him to start serving Jehovah as one of His Witnesses.
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Well, let us repeat what looks like two explanations on JWorg web. First, explanatory sentence for PUBLIC! 
      1) THE PURPOSE of the program is to show you what the Bible teaches.
      Now, as second explanation, JW MEMBERS are reminded WHAT is purpose of Bible Study.
      2)  After all, our goal in  conducting a Bible study is to help a person become a baptized disciple....the student should understand that THE PURPOSE of the Bible study is to help him to start serving Jehovah as one of His Witnesses.

• By Srecko Sostar
      Part 1.  In this part we will meet few quotes in article from one WT magazine which describes administrative functions in WTJWorg past. Many of them stayed till today. 
      Please be free to comment. 

Following Faithful Shepherds with Life in View - 
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. This means we must prove our faith by our course of action, by the things we do. It means that righteous requirements of the King Jesus Christ must be met.......Therefore, in submitting to Jehovah’s visible theocratic organization, we must be in full and complete agreement with every feature of its apostolic procedure and requirements.
      UNITY MAINTAINED BY SUBMISSION
      ...In this way today too the governing body of the Christian congregation serves the entire organization. Solutions to problems arising in one locality are widely circulated so that the unity and oneness of the entire organization might be maintained...In submitting yourself to Jehovah’s visible organization as administered by such servants, you are still not required or expected to follow men..... It is the faith of these men that is to be imitated and their course of conduct that is to be observed....These men too, though occupying responsible positions of oversight themselves, recognize and submit to the superior appointment of the “faithful and discreet slave.”....The account says: “In those days there was no king in Israel.” (Judg. 21:25) So it was in the earlier days of the modern theocratic organization. Jehovah’s administration of righteousness took a pronounced forward step with the return of the Christian congregation to apostolic teachings. But before the King, Jesus Christ, was enthroned in 1914 C.E. the organization was loosely administered. Each “ecclesia” or congregation was self-governed by elected “elders” and “deacons.” But in 1914 Jehovah enthroned his King Jesus Christ, and from 1919 onward the time became due for Jeremiah’s prophecy to be fulfilled: “‘And I myself shall collect together the remnant of my sheep out of all the lands to which I had dispersed them, and I will bring them back to their pasture ground, and they will certainly be fruitful and become many. And I will raise up over them shepherds who will actually shepherd them; and they will be afraid no more, neither will they be struck with any terror, and none will be missing,’ is the utterance of Jehovah.”—Jer. 23:3, 4.
      12 This benefit of theocratic administration did not come all at once. In 1932 the “elective elders” were replaced in the congregation by an appointed “service director,” who was assisted by a group of mature members of the congregation democratically elected to their positions. But not until 1938 did the final change to strictly theocratic order take place. In that year, through the columns of The Watchtower, it was revealed from the Scriptures that the power of appointment of servants in congregations rightfully rests with the governing body of the “faithful and discreet slave” as directed by Jesus Christ from Jehovah’s temple.Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.  This important step in the restoration of theocratic order assured Jehovah’s “sheep” that they would not again be separated into independent “flocks” by unscrupulous “shepherds.” The shepherds that Jehovah promised through Jeremiah would be those fully in agreement with Jesus’ words that “they will become one flock, one shepherd.”—Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. .
      14 In 1942 the change came. In the throes of World War II, with the change in administrations of the second and third presidents of the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society,...The years since 1942 have told their tale regarding the exploits of the anointed Elisha class, accompanied by an ever-increasing number of the “great crowd.”—Rev. 7:9-17.
      On February 1, 1943, the Watchtower Bible School of Gilead was set up for training missionaries and special representatives of the Watch Tower Society to serve in all parts of the earth. That same year, 1943, a new training program, the Theocratic Ministry School, began in the congregations of Jehovah’s witnesses. At first only male students were enrolled in these schools, but in 1958 provision was made for the women of the congregations to enroll and participate.
      20 Such a theocratic view of matters will enable you always to keep pace with the organization, neither running ahead nor lagging dangerously behind. You will encounter trying circumstances. Do not be overcome by them. Wait on Jehovah and put your hope in him. (Ps. 37:34; 27:14) It might even be that reproof will be necessary on occasion. Do not become offended. If you do, you are undoubtedly taking yourself too seriously, failing to see the point of the reproof. Nor should you persuade yourself that you are of no use to the organization and quit simply because some mistake may be drawn to your attention. Rather, “my son, do not belittle the discipline from Jehovah, neither give out when you are corrected by him; for whom Jehovah loves he disciplines; in fact, he scourges every one whom he receives as a son.”—Heb. 12:5, 6.
      21 On the other hand, it may be that your advancement will be rapid. Guard against an attitude of super-faithfulness. It might ensnare you. Do not feel that others in the congregation are slow and backward. You might even become impatient with the organization. Consider instead the example of Moses, who pleaded with Jehovah to spare his typical theocratic nation when some faithless ones in the organization sinned against Jehovah and brought his anger down upon the entire congregation. (Ex. 32:1-14) Neither should you wait constantly to be directed as to the theocratic activity assigned. Eagerly assume individual responsibility and seek ways of advancing the Kingdom interests in harmony with the program currently outlined by the “faithful and discreet slave.”
      22. Why, then, should we stick loyally to Jehovah’s visible organization?
      22 The Bible sets forth every inducement and encouragement to place the theocratic organization ahead of oneself, to accept it in all its features and stick to it loyally. The theocratic pace of activity is still increasing. What Jehovah will yet require of his faithful servants on earth before Armageddon he will reveal in due time. Staying close to his visible theocratic organization is the only way to find out. Having identified that organization and God’s righteous requirements expressed through his channel, never let it go. Follow Jehovah’s faithful shepherds so that, “just as sin ruled as king with death, likewise also undeserved kindness might rule as king through righteousness with everlasting life in view through Jesus Christ our Lord.”—Rom. 5:21.
    • By Srecko Sostar
      I remember the first big wave of closures of many Bethel around the world a few years ago. That was just before my complete departure from JWorg in 2015.
      Today I stumbled upon another in a series of sales of so-called “god-dedicated” JW buildings.
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.

Elim Christian Centre is a contemporary, relevant and multicultural church established over 30 years ago.
      We exist to be a centre of hope, to reach, serve and influence our local communities and beyond.
      At Elim people come to know God, find freedom, discover their unique purpose and be equipped to make a difference in our world.
    • By Srecko Sostar
      Let me show you this video which I think has a few very important things for life, not only for JW members but also others who have dedicated their lives to some ideals and ideas.

• By Srecko Sostar
      Many readers of the WT magazine are aware that the interpretation of Romans chapter 13 verse 1, (also with 2-4 context),  changed in JW theology.
      It was once thought that the "superior authorities" were: YHVH, Christ and earthly representatives in the form of elders, that is, governing body. These are called "theocratic superior authority".
      "The above quotations from Paul’s letter to the Romans could never have applied to the political powers of Caesar’s world as wrongly claimed by the clergy of Christendom. The Caesars of this world have never demonstrated by their deeds that they are ‘God’s ministers to you for good’. Rather, exactly to the contrary, the Caesars have done evil by persecuting God’s faithful servants." - Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.
      I found 3 changes about this doctrine.
      Under Russell and up to 1929 WT understand that this is about secular authority.  “Evil as these Gentile governments have been, they were permitted or “ordained of God” for a wise purpose. (Rom. 13:1)” Studies In the Scriptures Series I - The Divine Plan of the Ages p.250
      Under Rutherford explanation has changed. From 1929 to 1962 they believed this: “The instruction of the thirteenth chapter of Romans has long been misapplied. The improper application has really been the basis for the false doctrine of the “divine right of kings” or rulers to rule and oppress the people. The apostle is, in substance, telling the members of the church that they should always be obedient to God, and that the motive for such obedience must be love for God and a delight in doing’ his will.” Watchtower 1929 Jun 1 p.163.
      In 1962, under Knorr, the Society returned to the original position of Russell. A statement in Babylon the Great Has Fallen! God’s Kingdom Rules! page 548 indicated there was a change in understanding. And, “For some years, until 1962, Jehovah’s Witnesses held that the superior authorities were Jehovah God and Christ Jesus. However, in line with Proverbs 4:18, light increased, and this view was adjusted.” Watchtower 1990 Nov 1 p.11.  It seems how WT organization was left the spiritual “light” received through Russell and "sank" into doctrinal "darkness" for some 33 years. And than they didn't find "new light", but old Russell's doctrine which they reintroduced into the belief system as a “new light”.
      What this introduction have with Management Records Doctrine/Instruction for elders? Whatever the interpretation of these biblical passages from Romans chapter 13, the fact is one: GB and the elders are disobedient to the "superior authority." In fact, they create an internal administrative system to avoid responsibility for their decisions and for their actions. No matter what the topic is.
      In 1:57 of video JW elder Shawn Bartlett mentioned one "company" and circumstances about it in the past. This shows how WT is not honest Corporation. Please pay attention on this example and other reasons about "devil" and "legal matters" he made in video to show elders on this seminar why they need to destroy data.

Shawn Bartlett, the records management overseer for the Jehovah's Witnesses, explains the organization's new record-keeping policies during a 2017 seminar..webp

• By TheWorldNewsOrg
      Any collective belief in some approach as "the way" to solve problems is, literally, a bringing together of individuals (re = again, ligio = bond, reverence, and religare = to bind).
    • By Srecko Sostar
      The National Secular Society has urged Britain's charity regulators to ensure the restructuring of Jehovah's Witnesses (JW) charities does not obstruct victims of child abuse from claiming compensation.
      The NSS has raised the issue with the Charity Commission for England and Wales and the Scottish charity regulator, OSCR, after a report on BBC Radio 4's Sunday programme this week.
      The programme 
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.  substantial amounts of property and land that it owns. As part of a significant restructuring of the organisation, each congregation is being asked to dissolve its charitable status and merge – along with its assets – with the Kingdom Hall Trust. The trust is a registered charity whose aims include being a "custodian trustee holding title to freehold and leasehold properties acquired as places of worship".
      The assets mentioned on the Sunday programme included kingdom halls, which are used for worship and meetings.
      An abuse survivor and lawyers who spoke to the programme expressed concern that such a restructuring could leave JW charities unable to pay potential liabilities.
      A number of JW churches worldwide have been subject to investigations regarding their handling of sexual abuse allegations in recent years. In Australia, JW organisations have consolidated and sold properties worth millions of pounds amid a series of legal claims and a damning report from a royal commission.
      NSS comment
      NSS chief executive Stephen Evans said: "It is clearly not in the public interest for charities to be permitted to restructure in ways that may impede victims and survivors of abuse within these communities from claiming compensation.
      "We therefore urge the Charity Commission to use all available powers to ensure that the restructuring of JW charities does not impede abuse victims' and survivors' ability to obtain settlements."
      Jehovah's Witnesses and abuse in Britain
      JW communities' handling of abuse allegations will come under increased scrutiny next month, when the Independent Inquiry on Child Sexual Abuse is due to conduct hearings on the issue.
      In 2018 scores of alleged victims accused the JWs of a 
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.  of child sexual abuse. Earlier this year at least 20 former JWs Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.  over abuse which they say they suffered. In 2017 the Charity Commission 
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.  the New Moston Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses in Manchester over its handling of allegations of abuse. And in 2016 the Supreme Court ruled that the Watch Tower and Bible Tract Society of Great Britain, which oversees JW congregations, 
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.  over its handling of abuse allegations. This week's episode of the Sunday programme is 
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ; listen from 5:20 to 21:45 for the relevant section.