The World News Media

Belgium: Jehovah's Witnesses will be tried for hate crimes on February 16.

Jack Ryan

Belgium: Jehovah's Witnesses will be tried for hate crimes on February 16.

https://www.nieuwsblad.be/cnt/dmf20200915_93224449

translated courtesy pf Google Translate

GHENT - The Jehovah's Witnesses stood before the Ghent criminal court on Tuesday for inciting hatred towards some ex-members. The various parties are now given time to prepare their pleas. The case will be heard on February 16, 2021.

For a period of five years, the court investigated complaints from ex-members of the Jehovah's Witnesses. They testified about how they were rejected by order of the organization and became completely socially isolated.

The Ghent prosecutor's office already sued the Jehovah's Witnesses in June, but the case was then postponed. On Tuesday, the case against the Jehovah's witnesses was reopened. The deadline for conclusion has been set and pleadings will take place on February 16, 2021. A dozen people already presented themselves as disadvantaged parties. According to the defense of the ex-members, this number will only increase.

The non-profit association is charged with four cases. First and foremost, inciting discrimination based on religious beliefs against a person and against a group. In addition, also inciting hatred or violence towards a person and towards a group.

• Views 731
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You do know this reasoning is whack. I am being disfellowshipped, because I have sinned and do not want to repent or it shames Jehovah's name. The congregation does not need to know what I did, but th

Thanks, Thinking for your response, but you misunderstood what I said I think. I am not being disfellowshipped. But one ever is , is done under those circumstances. And they will not be sought out by

Belgium: Jehovah's Witnesses will be tried for hate crimes on February 16. https://www.nieuwsblad.be/cnt/dmf20200915_93224449  translated courtesy pf Google Translate GHENT - The Jehova

Quote : "The Jehovah's Witnesses stood before the Ghent criminal court on Tuesday .......... "

This is a bit vague just calling them the Jehovah's Witnesses. It would need to be the Leaders of the CCJW in Belgium. The 'top men' in their BetheI I presume.  

However it needs to go deeper than that. It needs to be the GB on trial as they make the rules. 

I hope those ex JWs are successful in their court cases and i hope the CCJW is heavily fined... Why ?

Simply because if the GB wish to rule over people by making stupid rules, then the GB and it's Org need to be punished for it. Wasn't Israel punished for King David's sins ?

I'm not against people being disfellowshipped, but it should be done openly and honestly. And if a person is reproved it should also be done openly and honestly.  Please remember that the Apostle Paul, the Apostle used by God through Christ, to write all those letters to all those congregations, was open and honest. Remember how Paul made it clear about a 'man having sex with his father's wife'. Remember that those letters were passed around the different congregations. Nothing was hidden because they were True Anointed ones, that could handle truth.

But it is not so with the GB and the CCJW....  For instance, if a person chooses to leave the CCJW, it is announced that 'X is no longer one of Jehovah's witnesses'... And if a person is disfellowshipped from the CCJW it is announced that 'X is no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses'.  To 'blind' JWs this is all ok, but to sensible people it isn't. 

If a person chooses to leave the CCJW it does not mean they have committed serious sin, therefor there is no reason why JWs cannot continue to talk to them.. Therefore it should be told to the congregation that the person has chosen to leave the CCJW. 

Whereas if a person is disfellowshipped from the CCJW, it should mean that they have committed serious sin and that they do not want to repent.  This should be made known to the congregation as instructed in scripture. 

The scripture at Matthew 18 v 17 

International Standard Version
If, however, he ignores them, tell it to the congregation. If he also ignores the congregation, regard him as an unbeliever and a tax collector.

So the details of the sin should be made known to the congregation. This serves many uses. One important issue it serves is to stop any false reasons being used to disfellowship some one.  As it is at the moment it is all done in secret. Elders that don't like a person can easily get that person disfellowshipped for false reasons, just by using the excuse 'causing a division in the congregation'.  So it need to be completely open and honest. 

And what is really needed is a proper rule book, not for the Elders, but for every JW.  Why ? Because the GB have gone beyond scripture, just as the Pharisees did.  The GB have made up rules to keep all JWs under control and in fear of being d/fed. The Elders have to act as Policemen and some of them enjoy this power. So if there are set rules then there needs to be a rule book that every JW can refer to for reference. But oh no, the Shepherding book is secret. JWs are not allowed to see it. Plus the GB keeps changing the rules all the time. 

So yes, the GB, the Elders and the CCJW should be taken to court for committing crimes against congregants and others. Because many people earthwide that were once in the CCJW have been treated as collateral damage. And as we can easily see many people earthwide are seriously emotionally  hurt and it hasn't kept that organisation clean in any way. 

• 2 months later...

You do know this reasoning is whack. I am being disfellowshipped, because I have sinned and do not want to repent or it shames Jehovah's name. The congregation does not need to know what I did, but that I have been disciplined and they should take the appropriate action toward me. Not treat me as usual but as one who has defamed Jehovah not the organization. It's his name and reputation my actions have stained. So this removal action from the congregation has to be done. No elder can bring action to just remove me just because he dislikes me, he himself would have to lie and bring falsehoods to arrange the meetings if I have not done anything. So again your premise is faulty. You don't like the whole arrangement of The JW, so all is flawed. But it isn't. Many want it to fail, but have nothing to replace it. A void is not a place to go after being with family. One headed by the Almighty and his Son. The men are imperfect, the GB, are imperfect, but they are the ones at the wheel of this bus, so as long as it is going down the path of everlasting life and Jehovah has not changed the drivers, no man can. No matter the fuss we can put up can change what Jehovah is using. It is never human uprising that brings about change in Jehovah's arrangement, it is him alone, at his set appointed time. Man can't rush him. Nor see from his perspective, but we should. So things are fine, could be better, but not what persons want, it is what we need NOW! THe world will use what they see to attack, those who hurt from what happened to them while here, will join them also, Satan will use these moments, and media will fan to,fire things along. But we will just stay where we are, watching the world end. Enduring to the end as best we can, preaching to,the end. And as Jehovah said he would do himself, make his name known among the nations, that he is Jehovah! And to do that, no wicked will live, no governments will survive. Only the righteous, meek ones who are covered by Jehovah's mercy in that day survive! And they are not all JW's. But their heart is disposed to Jehovah, for Jehovah to save them in that hour. He did that! Who ever is left standing should be blessed. 

36 minutes ago, John Houston said:

You do know this reasoning is whack. I am being disfellowshipped, because I have sinned and do not want to repent or it shames Jehovah's name. The congregation does not need to know what I did, but that I have been disciplined and they should take the appropriate action toward me. Not treat me as usual but as one who has defamed Jehovah not the organization. It's his name and reputation my actions have stained. So this removal action from the congregation has to be done. No elder can bring action to just remove me just because he dislikes me, he himself would have to lie and bring falsehoods to arrange the meetings if I have not done anything. So again your premise is faulty. You don't like the whole arrangement of The JW, so all is flawed. But it isn't. Many want it to fail, but have nothing to replace it. A void is not a place to go after being with family. One headed by the Almighty and his Son. The men are imperfect, the GB, are imperfect, but they are the ones at the wheel of this bus, so as long as it is going down the path of everlasting life and Jehovah has not changed the drivers, no man can. No matter the fuss we can put up can change what Jehovah is using. It is never human uprising that brings about change in Jehovah's arrangement, it is him alone, at his set appointed time. Man can't rush him. Nor see from his perspective, but we should. So things are fine, could be better, but not what persons want, it is what we need NOW! THe world will use what they see to attack, those who hurt from what happened to them while here, will join them also, Satan will use these moments, and media will fan to,fire things along. But we will just stay where we are, watching the world end. Enduring to the end as best we can, preaching to,the end. And as Jehovah said he would do himself, make his name known among the nations, that he is Jehovah! And to do that, no wicked will live, no governments will survive. Only the righteous, meek ones who are covered by Jehovah's mercy in that day survive! And they are not all JW's. But their heart is disposed to Jehovah, for Jehovah to save them in that hour. He did that! Who ever is left standing should be blessed. 

I hope everything works out for you John

Thanks, Thinking for your response, but you misunderstood what I said I think. I am not being disfellowshipped. But one ever is , is done under those circumstances. And they will not be sought out by power-Hungary elder wielding it for the sake of removing people for the sake of their own pleasure. Can it happen, yes; but does it happen , no. That would mean the entire elder body is corrupt. Including the ministerial servants.

@John Houston  It's a pity you cannot talk straight, but you talk in riddles. 

Elders do conspire to hide truth.  Elders commit sins and other Elders keep it hidden. Even to the point of Child Sexual Abuse and adultery.  And when victims complain, or parents of victims complain, they get d/fed. Yes the whole organisation can be seen to be corrupt, because anyone that hides sin or anyone that supports those that hide sin is just as guilty. 

On 12/10/2020 at 6:53 PM, John Houston said:

Many want it to fail, but have nothing to replace it.

How wrong you are.  My love and loyalty are toward God and Christ, it is only they that have to be served. I care not if the Watchtower / JW org survive or fall. But if Almighty God through Jesus Christ wants to use the Watchtower / Org  so be it, but I'm sure they will fully cleanse it first. That will mean your GB will be gone and an honest Anointed body of servants would be truly guided by God's Holy Spirit.

I do like that you disagree with your GB on one point. Your GB say that a person has to be a 'baptised JW to be saved' 

You say 

On 12/10/2020 at 6:53 PM, John Houston said:

Only the righteous, meek ones who are covered by Jehovah's mercy in that day survive! And they are not all JW's