The World News Media

Faith, Teachings, Doctrines and Intellectuality. Reason and Feelings. Duty, Honor and Decision

Srecko Sostar

• Views 479
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I like his “critical thinking” on “new light”… (As a JW)…“You use the concept called ‘new light’.  ‘New light from Jehovah’, that’s the way every witness is taught.  Well, you gotta stop and ask

Very well said!  

Let me show you this video which I think has a few very important things for life, not only for JW members but also others who have dedicated their lives to some ideals and ideas.  

I like his “critical thinking” on “new light”…

(As a JW)…“You use the concept called ‘new light’.  ‘New light from Jehovah’, that’s the way every witness is taught.  Well, you gotta stop and ask the question; now, what you were teaching yesterday, you told me that was ‘light from Jehovah’.  Now today, you’re saying that Jehovah gave you new light on top of the light he gave you yesterday, but it’s exactly the opposite.

And so all of a sudden you begin to see there’s a problem here.  This is not new light.  You’re just trying to fix an error that you made.”

There’s a problem… (as JWs) we’re already making the assumption that the change (of) what they are going to now start teaching, we make the assumption, that it’s right.  That don’t mean it’s right!  Just because you changed what you were teaching yesterday, (and then) you’re teaching something new today, does not mean that your new teaching is any more right than the one you were teaching yesterday.”

The “new light” concept is a smooth way to cover over the darkness of continual falsehoods, and look how well that concept sells! “And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light”! (2 Cor 11:14)

“This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil.   Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God.”  John 3:19-21

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.