Emma Rose

• Views 5.8k
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought for the day: Jehovah is God's name.  It was originally in the Bible in over 7,000 places but has been removed by various bodies due to superstition etc.  Micah 4:5 For all the people will

Psalm 83:18 "May people know that you, whose name is Jehovah, you alone are the Most High over all the earth" The online King James Bible has retained the name Jehovah in this verse.   The n

Do you think it's possible for someone who is not yet aware of the importance of God's name, to feel they have relationship with him? I know my grandpa loved God, and talked to him as if he was a

3 hours ago, Emma Rose said:

I read the sections you linked to and could tell the language was a little dated, in other words I could tell this was not something that was written recently. So I went back and saw the book was published in 1973. What is interesting is that words don't change much, but their meaning, and the manner in which they are structured in a sentence does 😃

There is no scriptural backing for those links. It is all guesswork, and very old guesswork too. 

Your leaders once again pretending that they know 'things'. 

BUT remember Acts 2, the outpouring of Holy Spirit.

At that time devout Jews from every nation under heaven were staying in Jerusalem.e  So when this sound occurred, a crowd gathered and was bewildered, because each one heard them speaking in his own language.  Indeed, they were utterly amazed and said: “See here, all these who are speaking are Gal·i·leʹans,f are they not?  How is it, then, that each one of us is hearing his own native language?  Parʹthi·ans, Medes,g and Eʹlam·ites,h the inhabitants of Mes·o·po·taʹmi·a, Ju·deʹa and Cap·pa·doʹci·a, Ponʹtus and the province of Asia,i 10  Phrygʹi·a and Pam·phylʹi·a, Egypt and the regions of Libʹy·a near Cy·reʹne, sojourners from Rome, both Jews and proselytes,j 11  Creʹtans, and Arabians—we hear them speaking in our languages about the magnificent things of God.” 

Everyone there understood in their own language, but it wasn't one language. 

The earthly class will not be 'pure' until after their final testing, so why would they be given a pure language whist not being pure / righteous ?

"Some of the peoples who had alphabets used the letters of the alphabet to represent numbers. The ancient Jews, for example, used nine letters of the Hebrew alphabet to represent the numbers from one to nine. They used nine other letters to represent the multiples of ten, from ten to ninety. A third set of nine letters represented the multiples of one hundred, from one hundred to nine hundred . . .

"The use of letters of the alphabet to represent numbers has led to some interesting consequences. Letters used in a compound numeral may accidentally spell out a word. Then the use of the numeral may be affected by the meaning of the word. For example, in the Hebrew system of numerals, the number fifteen should have been written as, which means ten more five. (Hebrew is read from right to left.) However these are the first two letters of the word - which spells out Jehovah. Since it was forbidden by Jewish law to use the name of God in vain, the Jews wrote the number fifteen as ' , nine plus six, instead.'

Irving Adler's book, A "New Look at Arithmetic"

The text won't accept the Hebrew for 15 or Jehovah or the revised 15 as 9 plus 6.

Who owns this site?

@Emma Rose,

I copied this straight from the jw-org website and the Hebrew letters appear to be fine:

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/101971647

“The use of letters of the alphabet to represent numbers has led to some interesting consequences. Letters used in a compound numeral may accidentally spell out a word. Then the use of the numeral may be affected by the meaning of the word. For example, in the Hebrew system of numerals, the number fifteen should have been written as יה, which means ten plus five. (Hebrew is read from right to left.) However these are the first two letters of the word יהוה which spells out Jehovah. Since it was forbidden by Jewish law to use the name of God in vain, the Jews wrote the number fifteen as טו, nine plus six, instead.”

Let's try the following:

Fourth century C.E., Jerome, the translator of the Latin Vulgate, says in his prologue to the books of Samuel and Kings: “And we find the name of God, the Tetragrammaton [i.e., יהוה], in certain Greek volumes even to this day expressed in ancient letters.” In a letter written at Rome, 384 C.E., Jerome states: “The ninth [name of God] is the Tetragrammaton, which they considered [a·nek·phoʹne·ton], that is, unspeakable, and it is written with these letters, Iod, He, Vau, He. Certain ignorant ones, because of the similarity of the characters, when they would find it in Greek books, were accustomed to read ΠΙΠΙ [Greek letters corresponding to the Roman letters PIPI].”—Papyrus Grecs Bibliques, by F. Dunand, Cairo, 1966, p. 47, ftn. 4.

3 hours ago, Emma Rose said:
On 10/29/2020 at 6:41 PM, TrueTomHarley said:

Ahem

You Tom?

Sorry, I was just clearing my throat. No. I’m not the owner. It’s sort of an inside joke.

Some of the more paranoid participants here (have you noticed not everyone plays with a full deck?) began asserting that I was the owner (along with JWI) and that from time to time I would delete persons. 

It did no good to deny it. They would just insist upon it all the more. So I reversed course and took ownership instead.

@adminowns the site. Several years ago @The Librarian(that old hen), who had been running a separate JW site, combined forces with him. Just digital, you understand, they may not even know each other. As far as i know, Admin is not a JW and the Librarian is. I think the latter will not disagree if I say that his philosophy, akin to that of the Washington Post, is that: ‘theocracy dies in darkness.’  Hence, the variety of characters here, some the type of people that AM3 was referring to.

Well dear Tom, people do get deleted from here and that's for sure. And the reasons seem as false as the reasons JW Elders use when they want to get rid of someone from a congregation. Hence some on here think that this site is run by JW Elders. The site has all the traits of it.  

I don't despair, I keep thinking of Colossians 3 v 13. Although it's meant for the anointed it's still a good thought. 

The thing is there should be no need to delete anyone because you JWs have your 'Private room' to hide in, so this could easily be a 'playground' for us 'others'. 

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.