The World News Media

JUST HOW BIG OF A DEBACLE, WAS THE PROPHESY OF 1975?

Witness

• Views 14.5k
  • Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I agree. But where did they get the date from? Those who were serving with a date in mind didn't just pull the date out of thin air did they?

My first ever meme to call my own. I figured if I could make one here, I can make one anywhere!

The Governing Body never ever said that 1975 was the end of this world, All that is written in the publications  is that it was 6,000 years since Adam`s creation, and people read that as a sign in the

Posted Images

If I had been at this convention in 1967, and listened to Charles Sinutko's talk (a District Overseer), I would have been convinced the end was coming in 1975. Although he said it was a "possibility" it got drowned out by all the other things he said which made it more of a probability. If we would hear a talk along similar lines today, a prominent brother, perhaps one of the helpers to the GB, mentioning the year 2030 (for example), not once, but several times throughout the talk as a possible year for Armageddon, how would we feel? But it seems that some of us find it hard to be honest with ourselves.

1967 District Convention talk by Charles Sinutko:

1967 Charles Sinutko 1975 talk.mp3

On a positive note, Charles Sinutko's life story can be found here: https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/102004607 

Of course there is no mention of 1975, but despite what must have been a disappointment, his faith was obviously not shaken, and he remains a faithful brother.

But wasn't there a Watchtower magazine in 1967 saying that the world was in the 'final part of the final day' or something like that. I saw a picture of that mag on here not long back. 

And wasn't there a slogan saying 'Stay alive 'till 75'.  

And I do know for sure that JWs sold their houses and went into full time ministry, and they must have had some reason for doing that. 

Oh it would be lovely to have coppies of all old Watchtowers dating back to the 1950's.  

But some JWs are like the Egyptians, that used to wipe out all traces of failure and mistakes. Some JWs just cannot face true facts. 

1 hour ago, Anna said:

On a positive note, Charles Sinutko's life story can be found here: https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/102004607 

Of course there is no mention of 1975, but despite what must have been a disappointment, his faith was obviously not shaken, and he remains a faithful brother.

So, he was disappointed, because his impetuous assumptions made in the name of God, failed.  Never mind those who suffered because of his lying doctrine.  (Matt 15:9)  And he is termed a "faithful brother", because he didn't leave the organization?  While those who saw the folly of his teachings when they failed, and left the organization perhaps without a house to live in and a job, are the unfaithful ones?  

The meaning of "truth" and "faithful" according to JWs, are not in line with God's Word.  They are not in line with Jesus Christ's teachings.  

An honest witness does not deceive, but a false witness pours out lies. Prov 14:5

3 minutes ago, derek1956 said:

wondered when that partner of witness would have their say now I can call you both the witnesses of your master of this world and NOT of the world to come

Will the "world to come" preach the doctrine of men?  Will the "world to come" have room for falsehoods as evident in the video?  Did you even listen to the video?

Only the blameless and upright will be found in the Kingdom of God - those who do not lead men, to believe their false prophesy.   If you think otherwise, what god do you worship?  Ps 119:1

38 minutes ago, derek1956 said:

I wondered when that partner of witness would have their say

It’s a symbiotic relationship. He is looking for a True Anointed. She is clear that she is one.

35 minutes ago, Witness said:

and left the organization perhaps without a house

Buy another one. They built a lot of them, you know. Or rent.

35 minutes ago, Witness said:

and left the organization perhaps without a ... job, 

Find another one. 

It is pathetic so see a so-called anointed woman of faith who excoriates her spiritual betters to be so clingy about the prizes of this world as though they are life itself. 

People lose houses and jobs for all sorts of reasons—to care for an aging family member, for example. They don’t cry about it for the rest of their lives. It was 45 years ago. They adjust and move on.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.