The World News Media

JUST HOW BIG OF A DEBACLE, WAS THE PROPHESY OF 1975?

Witness

4 hours ago, Emma Rose said:

Actually, i may have gotten Derek confused with Tom, c'est la vie, we all make mistakes.

Why would I suddenly not understand Tom's sense of humour if I have been posting on here for as long as Tom?  I also messaged you to let you know who is who since you were new here. That should have told you that I was familiar with most of the posters.

But I will give you the benefit of the doubt 🙂

• Views 14.5k
  • Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I agree. But where did they get the date from? Those who were serving with a date in mind didn't just pull the date out of thin air did they?

My first ever meme to call my own. I figured if I could make one here, I can make one anywhere!

The Governing Body never ever said that 1975 was the end of this world, All that is written in the publications  is that it was 6,000 years since Adam`s creation, and people read that as a sign in the

Posted Images

C.C that is so lame. :) :) :).  Try harder than that. It doesn't matter what happened AFTER 1975. What matters is that the Leaders of the CCJW were WRONG. 

So the CCJW is built on a very flawed foundation with many mistakes and false promises. 

THAT IS NOT GOD'S FAULT, NOR IS IT CHRIST'S FAULT.  It is the  fault of MEN. The MEN that have led your religion.

1 hour ago, Anna said:

started mentioning 1930 as a possible date for Armageddon,

I'd be really concerned about that.

1 hour ago, Anna said:

wait and see

What on earth makes you think that JW's haven't examined themselves in the way you suggest?  When you stop trying to exert control over how people think, you will know a peace that is unsurpassed.

6 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Like all other people, JW members want to believe in God and Justice and a better Future. And it’s a lure/bait that attracts. It is a soil on which many hopes can grow. And that is why it is a powerful means of attracting and keeping people in spiritual captivity, with a few phrases of truth and many misconceptions.

Thank you so much for such a great explanation.  What caught my attention was your use of “soil” as describing the “lure/bait” that attracts.  That bait is not enough for a solid faith in truth to thrive.  The soil is poor in nutrients – truth; other than providing the initial boost, received at the outset.  When I think of myself when first entering the organization, I felt that initial boost, but as the years went by, the joy dissipated, the attention to be given to the organization became drudgery.  The “soil” was not fortified over the years, just as it isn’t today.  It lacks the “bread of life” and the “living water” from Jesus Christ.  Men who rely on their own understanding – their own doctrine -  cannot provide such things.  John 6:35; 7:38

“Their worship of me is empty, because they teach human rules as doctrines.’”

Empty – “vain, fruitless, folly”, which results in “soil”, not fit to grow a genuine and nourished faith, in the Father. 

If JWs could only see that the organization runs solely on the doctrine of men.  As you say, “disappointment is inevitable”. 

9 hours ago, Witness said:

Every falsely projected date, every teaching that has changed course several times over the years, is evidence of a lying spirit among you

Did you know that the anointed "Israel" are compared to stars in the heavens?  (Dan 12:3; Phil 2:15; Eph 2:6; Rev 1:20)  An anointed one can be "led away by the error" of lawlessness...and fall from his "stable position".  2 Pet 3:17

They are also described as "wandering stars" -

"These are spots in your love feasts, while they feast with you without fear, serving only themselves. They are clouds without water, carried about by the winds; late autumn trees without fruit, twice dead, pulled up by the roots; raging waves of the sea, foaming up their own shame; wandering stars for whom is reserved the blackness of darkness forever."   Jude 1:12,13

The stars that remain in Jesus' "right hand" follow a set course, the path he took. (Rev 1:20) They follow his teachings and do not waver from them.  The proof that the governing leaders are not those stars in Jesus' hand, is their continual "changed course" in teachings.  Don't let their smooth talk convince you of bogus, "new light".  This is evidence that they are "wandering stars", groping in the dark, for new doctrine to replace the old.  

15 hours ago, César Chávez said:

I don’t doubt someone will take advantage of gullible people. That might work for some cultures, but not in mine. In essence, all the Elders in my district and region took to heart, what is written in 1 Corinthians 2:11-14 by Paul, while other past Elder’s in other regions or cultures, decided to revamp scripture with their own agenda in order to justify their own personal view, therefore, they didn’t really care about what is written in sound scriptural, doctrine.

My maternal grandparents got caught up with this, they were told to buy on HP because they wouldn't have to pay it off.  I'm not sure whether they did buy copiously and greedily, but they allowed both that, and Grandma's nervous cough to put them off both attending meetings and answering up.  Revealed totally wrong motives. 

Jehovah will continue to refine His people.

13 hours ago, Witness said:

The “soil” was not fortified over the years, just as it isn’t today.

Absolutely! What JWs call “spiritual food” can be divided into two categories.

The first is: Simple and generally accepted moral values that are embedded in the consciousness and conscience of people.
The second is: Theological-administrative doctrinal nomenclature, of Previous and Present Teachings. The Previous Teachings actually, in simple, clear and normal wording means wrong, err, false teachings, apostasy. ....and The Present Teachings means ostensibly correct, something that will be swallowed by some new interpretation in the future.

One of the very obvious and very clear examples of theological misconceptions, is the teaching of the "Generation of 1914." To keep parts of that concept alive, they invented the “Overlapping Generation”.

13 hours ago, Witness said:

If JWs could only see that the organization runs solely on the doctrine of men.  As you say, “disappointment is inevitable”. 

Similar to 1975 calculations and interpretations that came from WT Administration, JW people do and will react to "Overlapping Generation" in similar way as they did and they do now to 1975.

As  @Emma Rose in "deep wisdom" say: We'd wait and see. Of course, we don't need to wait long. Apologists for WTJWorg already continuously and zealously defend every past and present failure. 

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.