The World News Media

Isabella Guzman Asks For Release From Colorado Mental Hospital

Patiently waiting for Truth

https://denver.cbslocal.com/2020/11/17/isabella-guzman-wants-mental-hospital-release-fatal-stabbing-mother-aurora-colorado/

(CBS4) – A Colorado woman who brutally stabbed and killed her mother 7 years ago in Aurora wants to rejoin society after her stint in a mental hospital. Isabella Guzman stabbed Yun Mi Hoy 79 times in 2013. She was 18 at the time, and was later found not guilty by reason of insanity..... Guzman told CBS4 in a virtual interview that she is on medication and her sanity has been restored.....    “I was not myself when I did that, and I have since been restored to full health,” she said....Authorities said Guzman stabbed her mother in the face, neck and torso in their Aurora home on Aug. 28.

“I was abused at home by my family for many years. My parents are Jehovah’s Witnesses, and I left the religion when I was 14, and the abuse at home worsened after I quit,” she said.

Court documents indicated she had been at extreme odds with her mother. She argued with her and wrote “You will pay.”...............“The fight with my mom was terrible and I was injured in the process. I have the scars on my hands. I don’t know if you can see or not,” she said, holding her left hand up to the camera.

The article is longer but the point I'm seeing so often in these tragedies is that THE PARENTS WERE /ARE JWs

Of course it could all be lies. But so many people are saying that they were victims of abuse at home and their parents were JW's. 

• Views 853
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My siblings and I were yelled at and beaten on almost a daily basis by jw parents.

It is by no means unusual for parents to yell at their children. It might not be the norm, but it is common. Back in the day, it was by no means unusual for parents to “beat” their children, especiall

I agree with you there. However ours was quite a bit more than a spanking with a belt, belts usually don't cause  severe bleeding, bruising and broken bones. But of course back then there wasn't much

1 hour ago, Matthew9969 said:

My siblings and I were yelled at and beaten on almost a daily basis by jw parents.

It is by no means unusual for parents to yell at their children. It might not be the norm, but it is common. Back in the day, it was by no means unusual for parents to “beat” their children, especially in the form of spankings. Nothing was more unremarkable. 

I am the only Witness in my family. You have to go back almost to Noah to find another. My dad’s father was so harsh that his oldest son determined he would not be like him, and did not discipline his kids at all. Believe me when I tell you, there were some hell-raisers among them. 

My dad did not swear off discipline. Spanking was not uncommon, and a belt was sometimes used. “Just wait till your father gets home,” my outmaneuvered mom would say. She’d rat on me the second he walked through the door, and then it was one bad experience for me. But this was routine among families—I think more common than not. “Spare the rod and spoil the child”—it was as common for people to say that as the pledge to the flag.

Sometimes parents were just doing their best to raise kids, trying to forestall bad habits. Sometimes they were abusive themselves. Sometimes they were working through their own issues. It is good to forgive. It leads to a healthier life. And yes, it goes the other way as well. But you can’t control what another does. You can only control what you do.

I remember Cora, decades ago, tearing into a newspaper editor after he’d run a story of some felon and had taken pains to highlight a Witness connection. “You would never have done that were he Catholic or Lutheran,” she said. The fellow reflected, “You’re right,” he said, “we wouldn’t,” and apologized to her. 

There are a lot of damaged people around. 

@TrueTomHarley says There are a lot of damaged people around.

But JW's have always said they are so different, and pretended to be so much better at showing love and mercy and tenderness, because, they say, they have 'the truth'. 

Well reports seem to show differently. However, I do admit that I don't know truth from lies, and many reports could be lies. So people have to make up their own minds what they believe. 

A question arises in my mind though. Are JWs put under too much pressure from elders and higher ups in the Org ?

Like I've said before there seems to be a competition for who can get their children baptised the youngest.

( @Isabella  had posted ( June 6th ) a picture / photo of a young boy being baptised in a private pool. )

JW Parents are under a lot of pressure to conform to the GB rules and to 'make' their children do likewise. Otherwise JW parents are 'advised' to kick their children out of the home if the children 'disobey' GB rules. 

Whereas Jesus said,  and whoever receives one such young child on the basis of my name receives me also.  But whoever stumbles one of these little ones who have faith in me, it would be better for him to have hung around his neck a millstone that is turned by a donkey and to be sunk in the open sea.

There has to be a balance that parents consider for their children. Train up a child is different to put pressure on a child. Pushing a child into getting baptised into an Organisation is not teaching a child to serve God through Christ.  

I doubt that many JWs ever read such articles as this one. Some JWs seem to disbelieve all articles about cruelty or abuse by JWs. What will the outcome be ? What will happen to every one of the Victims Earthwide that have been stumbled by JWs and the CCJW ? I hope that God and Christ will show them mercy and love. 

3 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

It is by no means unusual for parents to yell at their children. It might not be the norm, but it is common. Back in the day, it was by no means unusual for parents to “beat” their children, especially in the form of spankings. Nothing was more unremarkable. 

I am the only Witness in my family. You have to go back almost to Noah to find another. My dad’s father was so harsh that his oldest son determined he would not be like him, and did not discipline his kids at all. Believe me when I tell you, there were some hell-raisers among them. 

My dad did not swear off discipline. Spanking was not uncommon, and a belt was sometimes used. “Just wait till your father gets home,” my outmaneuvered mom would say. She’d rat on me the second he walked through the door, and then it was one bad experience for me. But this was routine among families—I think more common than not. “Spare the rod and spoil the child”—it was as common for people to say that as the pledge to the flag.

Sometimes parents were just doing their best to raise kids, trying to forestall bad habits. Sometimes they were abusive themselves. Sometimes they were working through their own issues. It is good to forgive. It leads to a healthier life. And yes, it goes the other way as well. But you can’t control what another does. You can only control what you do.

I remember Cora, decades ago, tearing into a newspaper editor after he’d run a story of some felon and had taken pains to highlight a Witness connection. “You would never have done that were he Catholic or Lutheran,” she said. The fellow reflected, “You’re right,” he said, “we wouldn’t,” and apologized to her. 

There are a lot of damaged people around. 

I agree with you there. However ours was quite a bit more than a spanking with a belt, belts usually don't cause  severe bleeding, bruising and broken bones. But of course back then there wasn't much of a social outcry against child abuse. And some people should not have kids. The thing that stuck out was that the abuse was in the name of Jehovah.

22 minutes ago, Matthew9969 said:

I agree with you there. However ours was quite a bit more than a spanking with a belt, belts usually don't cause  severe bleeding, bruising and broken bones. But of course back then there wasn't much of a social outcry against child abuse. And some people should not have kids. The thing that stuck out was that the abuse was in the name of Jehovah.

It will always be in the name of whatever the abusers are involved in. 

But we are molded by our experiences, and that is a very bad one. One might almost say “Thanks for sharing.” It lends an insight.

2 hours ago, 4Jah2me said:

Well reports seem to show differently. However, I do admit that I don't know truth from lies, and many reports could be lies.

This is called hearsay and gossip. It is not a noble quality to simply post dirt having no idea whether it is true or not.

Did I tell you that the Pope got caught sneaking a nuclear bomb into the Mormon temple? If true, this is very bad.

23 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

It will always be in the name of whatever the abusers are involved in. 

But we are molded by our experiences, and that is a very bad one. One might almost say “Thanks for sharing.” It lends an insight.

But we didnt kill our parents, this young girl has something else wrong with her.

23 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

This is called hearsay and gossip. It is not a noble quality to simply post dirt having no idea whether it is true or not.

Did I tell you that the Pope got caught sneaking a nuclear bomb into the Mormon temple? If true, this is very bad.

I heard it was a watchtower magazine.

On 11/18/2020 at 11:21 AM, TrueTomHarley said:

Pretending to be the F&DS and frightening people into believing that we are living in the last hour of the last day, and that you must be a baptised JW to be saved, is not a noble quality either.  But your GB are happy to live that life. 

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.