Topic Summary

Created

Last Reply

Replies

Views

Jesus.defender -
JW Insider -

Top Posters

“A muslim man can have sexual pleasure with a little girl as young as a baby. But he should not penetrate her vaginally, however he can sodomize her”. (Tehriro vasyleh, fourth edition, Qom, Iran, 1990)

EVIDENCE THAT ISLAM ALLOWS CHILDREN TO ENGAGE IN SEX BEFORE MENSTRUATION

First, we need to establish that Islam allows female children to be married and engaged in sex prior to their first menses (prepubescent). For that we turn to the Islamic source materials. Starting with the Quran:

If you are in doubt concerning those of your wives who have ceased menstruating, know that their waiting period shall be three months. The same shall apply to those who have not menstruated. As for pregnant women, their term shall end with their confinement. God will ease the hardship of the man who fears him. 65:4, Dawood

Brother Sam Shamoun comments on this verse:

The surrounding context deals with the issue of the waiting period for divorce, and remarriage. The Quran is telling Muslims to wait for a certain period of time before making the divorce final or deciding to forego it. The Quran exhorts men to wait a period of three months in the case of women who either are no longer menstruating or haven’t even started their menstrual cycles! (Source)

Since Muslim men are to wait 3 months before divorcing a prepubescent child it means that they have been engaging in sex with those children.

Borrowing from Sam’s work (*) I quote three Islamic scholars commentary related to 65:4 and the subject of sex with prepubescent children:

Ibn Kathir writes regarding 65:4

<divorce them at their `Iddah>, "The `Iddah is made up of cleanliness and the menstrual period." So he divorces her while it is clear that she is pregnant, or he does not due to having sex, or since he does not know if she is pregnant or not. This is why the scholars said that there are two types of divorce, one that conforms to the Sunnah and another innovated. The divorce that conforms to the Sunnah is one where the husband pronounces one divorce to his wife when she is not having her menses and without having had sexual intercourse with her after the menses ended. One could divorce his wife when it is clear that she is pregnant. As for the innovated divorce, it occurs when one divorces his wife when she is having her menses, or after the menses ends, has sexual intercourse with her and then divorces her, even though he does not know if she became pregnant or not. There is a third type of divorce, which is neither a Sunnah nor an innovation where one divorces A YOUNG WIFE WHO HAS NOT BEGUN TO HAVE MENSES, the wife who is beyond the age of having menses, and divorcing one's wife before the marriage was consummated. (Source; bold and capital emphasis ours)

Al-Tabari said regarding 65:4

The interpretation of the verse "And those of your women as have passed the age of monthly courses, for them the 'Iddah (prescribed period), if you have doubt (about their periods), is three months; and for those who have no courses [(i.e. they are still immature) their 'Iddah (prescribed period) is three months likewise". He said: The same applies to the 'idaah for girls who do not menstruate because they are too young, if their husbands divorce them after consummating the marriage with them.

Tafseer al-Tabari, 14/142 (Source: Islam Q&A (www.islam-qa.com)
(Question #12708: Is it acceptable to marry a girl who has not yet started her menses?)

Regarding sex with prepubescent children, Abu-Ala’ Maududi states:

"Therefore, making mention of the waiting-period for girls who have not yet menstruated, clearly proves that it is not only permissible to give away the girl at this age but it is permissible for the husband to consummate marriage with her. Now, obviously no Muslim has the right to forbid a thing which the Qur’an has held as permissible." (Maududi, volume 5, p. 620, note 13, emphasis added)

It is clear: Muslim men can engage in sex with prepubescent children!

On 5/15/2016 at 10:40 PM, Jesus.defender said:

Now, obviously no Muslim has the right to forbid a thing which the Qur’an has held as permissible."

About the same with Judaism. The usual arguments from early rabbinic leaders and commentators within Judaism point to the same thing. Most discussions of approved marriage age for girls in early Judaism considered the time of menses (sometimes age 8 or 9) to be most appropriate. Some discussions pointed to age , or 12 or 12.5. However, since the Bible doesn't forbid marriage and sex with prepubescent children and therefore, the argument was advanced that no Jew has the right to forbid a thing which the Torah has held as permissible. Rabbinical leaders even looked to the Bible for the earliest possible years of marriage and found that there was evidence that Rebekkah may have married Isaac at age 3. (Whatever evidence this was is either too obscure or non-existent in current Bible texts.)

The discussions about age 3 as opposed to menses which rarely occurs even as early as 8 or 9, is actually found in Midrash/Mishnaic writings of Judaism. Here's a portion of the discussion as found here, where the source quotes primarily from quoting from Teugels and Peeters:

• “Conversely, if a girl is three years and one day, she can be betrothed by sexual intercourse.” He continues writing, “Obviously, the Mishnah does not say that a woman should be betrothed at the age of three or hat this is a standard age to do so. It is, rather, mentioned as the minimal age.” (Teugels, L. M. (2004). Bible and Midras: The Story of ‘The Wooing of Rebekah’ (Gen. 24). Peeters, Bondgenotenlaan. pp. 218-220)

• Teugels in his discussion on the subject also cites Judith Hauptman who writes: “After three, if a man has sex with a girl, not only does he cause her to lose her virginity permanently, but also- and precisely because of this-the sex act has a variety of legal consequences for both of them: for him, if she were forbidden to him, he will be punished in the same way as if she were a mature woman; for her, if the sexual relations were for the sake of marriage, they will make her a married woman.” (Ibid. pp. 218-219)

Of course, women were considered property in Biblical Judaism, which is one of the reasons that even in the Christian Bible, it is mentioned that a man could get a legal divorce, not a woman. But Jesus mentioned that at least one portion of the Law was given by Moses, not because the Law was righteous in that place, but was a compromise out of regard for the hard-heartedness of the people.

• (Matthew 19:8) . . .He said to them: “Out of regard for your hard-heartedness, Moses made the concession to you of divorcing your wives, . . .

Surely, it was a level of hard-heartedness --lack of love-- that would start men thinking about marrying a girl at age 8 or 9. Or men (fathers) giving away their daughters in marriage at age 8 or 9. How much worse was it for men to be discussing the potential Biblical acceptability of age 3? And the discussion was not just about marriage, but about sexual intercourse (consummation). This is obvious from the discussion of the ensuing flow of blood, and if there were a difference between this flow of blood and that which might occur at a later time in the same girl's life. 

As property, however, a wife did have some additional rights over a foreign slave, and over a Jewish slave. Under the Mosaic Law, a man could beat his slave girl to death and there would be no punishment as long as it took the girl more than a day to die. (Exodus 20:20,21).

• (Exodus 21:20, 21) 20 “If a man strikes his slave man or his slave girl with a stick and that one dies by his hand, that one must be avenged. 21 However, if he survives for one or two days, he is not to be avenged, because he is someone bought with his owner’s money.

But other places, even the very next verse shows that a wife has more value. Also, if a Jewish man under God's law were to sell his daughter as a slave (even a concubine, which is a type of sex slave) that daughter has some ccompensaory rights if she is dismissed that a male slave would not have. 

• (Exodus 21:7-11) 7 “If a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not go free the same way that a slave man does. 8 If her master is not pleased with her and he does not designate her as a concubine but causes her to be purchased by someone else, he will not be entitled to sell her to foreigners, for he has betrayed her. 9 If he selects her for his son, he is to grant her the rights of a daughter. 10 If he takes another wife for himself, the sustenance, the clothing, and the marriage due of the first wife are not to be diminished. 11 If he will not render these three things to her, then she is to go free without paying any money.

There are problems for all religions in areas where they show themselves unwilling to progress away from the ancient written laws towards a law of love.

• Similar Content

• By Jack Ryan
      Amber Scorah is author of the memoir Leaving the Witness. Growing up in the Jehovah's Witness faith, Scorah moved to mainland China to become an underground missionary. In China, she came to question these beliefs and left the religion. Shunned by family and friends as an apostate, Scorah was alone in Shanghai and thrown into a world she had only known from the periphery, with no education or support system. After growing up in the Jehovah's Witness faith, Amber learned Mandarin Chinese and moved to Mainland China to become an underground missionary. In China, encountering a new culture and making friends outside the faith for the first time, Amber came to question the beliefs she had been taught from childhood and ended up leaving the religion. Amber later moved to New York City, where she began a new life. Several years later, her three-month old son died on his first day in childcare. After this tragedy, Amber became a parental leave advocate. Combining forces with a Republican mother, their bipartisan efforts brought the cause of parental leave to the forefront of the 2016 presidential campaign. She was named one of the 100 most influential people in Brooklyn culture by Brooklyn Magazine. Her writing has appeared in The New York Times, The Believer, The Boston Globe, The Cut, The Globe and Mail and USA Today
    • By Outta Here
      Try this criteria to identify a cult
      Any takers?
      Run by a charismatic, authoritarian leader, or leadership group, who seeks extreme levels of control over followers. Uses a hierarchical pyramid structure with layers of secrecy surrounding the leader.              Followers are socially, psychologically and sometimes physically isolated. Leader's behaviour is justified by a totalitarian belief system that claims to have all the answers. A brainwashing process takes place. Total immersion in the group leaves no time or space for self-generated relationships or activities The group alternates an apparently loving or attentive approach with escalating levels of stress or fear. This could be implemented through sleep or food deprivation, apocalyptic predictions, or threats of violence or sexual abuse. This process of coercive control creates followers who are controlled by or for the leader without regard for their own needs.
    • By JOHN BUTLER
      OK, I've sort of shot myself in the foot by saying I'm now going to take this forum as a joke and have a laugh. In most ways i will continue to do so BUT.
      This evening I was given some information that 1.maybe I shouldn't have been given. 2. Maybe i wish i hadn't been given. 
      Some of you may say I'm telling lies. Some of you may say I'm just after attention. Some may say I'm just trying to put down the JW Org.
      However i have to think on something i say a lot. DUTY OF CARE. Care of everyone, in or out of that JW Org. 
      I have been given this information :-
      Somewhere between 18 months to 2 years ago, a young man that is a member of Honiton Congregation (my ex congregation) committed a sexual offence against a young girl that would have been around 7 or 8 years old at that time.. 
      The young man was visiting the home of this child and he went up to the girl's bedroom and asked the girl to have sex with him. I do not think that sexual intercourse took place but from the information that I've been given, he laid her on the bed and got on top of her and 'humped' her as if he were having sexual intercourse with her.  
      The incident was reported to the Elders and the police were not informed. I have no idea what action the Elders took but the congregation were not informed.
      The young man ( who's name I have ) would have been in his very early twenties at the time, but his mental age is lower. He is a bit slow in learning things and possibly has mental disorders. That is not meant as an insult, but i do know this young man personally and he does act a bit strange sometimes and frightens people.  
      The young man's father was a single dad of three children ( i knew this man quite well ), but he invited a foreign lady (a sister in the JW Org) over to the UK, and they married. The marriage did not go well as the woman wanted to 'be the boss'. They split up and she went back to her country of origin. But then she came back to have a 'second try' at the marriage.  I do not know the marriage situation at this time. However the whole issue would have been totally upsetting for the three children, especially for this young man that found it difficult to cope with some situations. 
      The person that gave me this information, in my opinion, is completely trustworthy, and once again in my opinion, would not have any reason for making up a 'story'. As I was given the young man's name, and i know the young man and his father, it all seems quite genuine to me.
      Now i come back to the duty of care.  For, in my opinion, it is the duty of anyone that has any information concerning child abuse to report it to the police. 
      This could be just a one off incident, but it could be the start of a young man becoming a pedophile. I honestly don't know where my duty is here. 
      The young girl that was the victim of this assault may need help getting over the situation. The information was also that the father of the victim does not want 'any trouble'. Hence he did not want the police involved. That helped the Elders to keep it secret, well almost. 
      Now this young man may commit sexual assault again, within the JW congregation or outside of it.  And that young lady will be in fear of him and yet still have to attend that Kingdom hall where she will see him every week. 
      So should i report what i have been told to the police or not ? Of course I would have to tell the police it is only third hand information.
      BUT, if the police could get hold of the 'records' / paperwork from the Kingdom hall regarding the incident, then it would be proved as true. 
      I do not expect that the Elders would willingly hand over paperwork, so I've no idea how it would work out in the end. But it's my actions that I'm concerned about here , my responsabilites. What should i do ?  

• By Jesus.defender
      The watchower CLAIMS to be Gods Prophet.

In 1972, the Watchtower described itself as "the modern-day "prophet"".
      "So, does Jehovah have a prophet to help them, to warn them of dangers and to declare things to come? 
      IDENTIFYING THE "PROPHET" 
      These questions can be answered in the affirmative. Who is this prophet? ... This "prophet" was not one man, but was a body of men and women. It was the small group of footstep followers of Jesus Christ, known at that time as International Bible Students. Today they are known as Jehovah's Christian witnesses. ... Of course, it is easy to say that this group acts as a "prophet" of God. It is another thing to prove it. The only way that this can be done is to review the record. Thus this group of anointed followers of Jesus Christ, doing a work in Christendom paralleling Ezekiel's work among the Jews, were manifestly the modern-day Ezekiel, the "prophet" commissioned by Jehovah to declare the good news of God's Messianic kingdom and to give warning to Christendom." Watchtower 1972 Apr 1 pp.197-199 'They Shall Know that a Prophet Was Among Them'
      "commissioned to serve as the mouthpiece and active agent of Jehovah … commission to speak as a prophet in the name of Jehovah…" The Nations Shall Know that I am Jehovah" - How? pp.58,62
      "… commission to speak as a "prophet" in His name…" Watchtower 1972 Mar 15 p.189
      "The Watchtower is a magazine without equal in the earth …. This is not giving any credit to the magazine's publishers, but is due to the great Author of the Bible with it truths and prophecies, and who now interprets its prophecies." Watchtower 1943 Apr 15 p.127
      "The Watchtower is not the instrument of any man or set of men, nor is it published according to the whims of men. No man's opinion is expressed in The Watchtower. God feeds his own people, and surely God uses those who love and serve him according to his own will. Those who oppose The Watchtower are not capable of discerning the truth that God is giving to the children of his organization, and this is the very strongest proof that such opposers are not of God's organization." Watchtower 1931 Nov 1 p.327

So, let's look at some of these prophecies.

1889- In subsequent chapters we present proofs that the setting up of the Kingdom of God has already begun...And that the "battle of the great day of God almighty [revelation 16:14], which will end in A.D. 1914 with the complete overthrow of the earth's present rulership, is already commenced. [The 1915 edition of this book changed "A.D. 1914" to "A.D. 1915."] *from the book "The Time is at Hand; 1889 1897 "Our Lord, the appointed King, is now present, since October 1874," (Studies in the Scriptures, vol. 4, p. 621). 1899 "...the 'battle of the great day of God Almighty' (Revelation 16:14), which will end in A.D. 1914 with the complete overthrow of earth's present rulership, is already commenced," (The Time Is at Hand, 1908 edition, p. 101). 1916 "The Bible chronology herein presented shows that the six great 1000 year days beginning with Adam are ended, and that the great 7th Day, the 1000 years of Christ's Reign, began in 1873," (The Time Is at Hand, forward, p. ii). 1918 "Therefore we may confidently expect that 1925 will mark the return of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and the faithful prophets of old, particularly those named by the Apostle in Hebrews 11, to the condition of human perfection," (Millions Now Living Will Never Die, p. 89). 1922 "The date 1925 is even more distinctly indicated by the Scriptures than 1914," (Watchtower, Sept. 1, 1922, p. 262). 1923 "Our thought is, that 1925 is definitely settled by the Scriptures. As to Noah, the Christian now has much more upon which to base his faith than Noah had upon which to base his faith in a coming deluge," (Watchtower, Apr. 1, 1923, p. 106). 1925 "The year 1925 is here. With great expectation Christians have looked forward to this year. Many have confidently expected that all members of the body of Christ will be changed to heavenly glory during this year. This may be accomplished. It may not be. In his own due time God will accomplish his purposes concerning his people. Christians should not be so deeply concerned about what may transpire this year," (Watchtower, Jan. 1, 1925, p. 3). 1925 "It is to be expected that Satan will try to inject into the minds of the consecrated, the thought that 1925 should see an end to the work," (Watchtower, Sept., 1925, p. 262). 1926 "Some anticipated that the work would end in 1925, but the Lord did not state so. The difficulty was that the friends inflated their imaginations beyond reason; and that when their imaginations burst asunder, they were inclined to throw away everything," (Watchtower, p. 232). 1931 "There was a measure of disappointment on the part of Jehovah's faithful ones on earth concerning the years 1917, 1918, and 1925, which disappointment lasted for a time...and they also learned to quit fixing dates," (Vindication, p. 338). 1941 "Receiving the gift, the marching children clasped it to them, not a toy or plaything for idle pleasure, but the Lord's provided instrument for most effective work in the remaining months before Armageddon," (Watchtower, Sept. 15, 1941, p. 288). 1968 "True, there have been those in times past who predicted an 'end to the world', even announcing a specific date. Yet nothing happened. The 'end' did not come. They were guilty of false prophesying. Why? What was missing?.. Missing from such people were God's truths and evidence that he was using and guiding them," (Awake, Oct. 8, 1968). 1968 "Why are you looking forward to 1975?" (Watchtower, Aug. 15, 1968, p. 494). 6,000 years from Adam ended in A.D. 1872. (Daily Heavenly Manna, inside cover page),6,000 years of human history ended in 1873.(The Time is at Hand, p.33),6,000 years of human history ended in 1972.(The Truth Shall Make You Free, p.152, 1943 edition),6,000 years of human history ended in 1975. (Awake!, October 8th, 1968, page 15).  
      Would a true prophet of God make false prophecies about World War II?
      ‘The Nazis will destroy the British.’ (Fifth Column, p 15)
      The new book titled Children will prove useful ‘in the remaining months before Armageddon’ (Watchtower, 15 September 1941, p 288)
      ‘The end of Nazi Fascist hierarchy will come and will mark the end forever of demon rule.’ (Watchtower, 15 December 1941, p 377)

Note that just admitting you were false prophets does not make you no longer false prophets.

• By Jack Ryan
      “The Perfect Man”, Muhammad... Glad to see the lie that “Islam is a Religion of Peace” isnÂ’t being tolerated anymore. Very eye opening to have educated myself on its true history.

• By Anna
      Correct me if I am wrong, but it seems that despite this informative document recently made available to download in several languages on the JW website, there is not too much of a mention of it by any of the opposers and "campaigners" against child abuse in the JW organization.
      Here is the entire document:
      JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES’ SCRIPTURALLY BASED POSITION ON CHILD PROTECTION
      Definitions: Child abuse may include neglect, physical abuse, sexual abuse, or emotional abuse.
      Child sexual abuse is a perversion and generally includes one or more of the following: sexual inter-course with a child; oral or anal sex with a child; fondling the genitals, breasts, or buttocks of a child; voyeurism of a child; indecent exposure to a child; or soliciting a child for sexual conduct. It may include sexting with a minor or showing pornography to a minor.
      In this document, references to parents apply equally to legal guardians or other persons who hold pa-rental responsibility for a minor.
      1. Children are a sacred trust, “an inheritance from Jehovah.”—Psalm 127:3.
      2. The protection of children is of utmost concern and importance to all Jehovah’s Witnesses. This is in harmony with the long-standing and widely published Scripturally based position of Jehovah’s Witnesses, as reflected in the references at the end of this document, which are all published on jw.org.
      3. Jehovah’s Witnesses abhor child abuse and view it as a crime. (Romans 12:9) We recognize that the authorities are responsible for addressing such crimes. (Romans 13:1-4) The elders do not shield any perpetrator of child abuse from the authorities.
      4. In all cases, victims and their parents have the right to report an accusation of child abuse to the authorities. Therefore, victims, their parents, or anyone else who reports such an accusation to the elders are clearly informed by the elders that they have the right to report the matter to the authorities. Elders do not criticize anyone who chooses to make such a report.—Galatians 6:5.
      5. When elders learn of an accusation of child abuse, they immediately consult with the branch office of Jehovah’s Witnesses to ensure compliance with child abuse reporting laws. (Romans 13:1) Even if the elders have no legal duty to report an accusation to the authorities, the branch office of Jehovah’s Witnesses will instruct the elders to report the matter if a minor is still in danger of abuse or there is some other valid reason. Elders also ensure that the victim’s parents are informed of an accusation of child abuse. If the alleged abuser is one of the victim’s parents, the elders will inform the other parent.
      6. Parents have the primary responsibility for the protection, safety, and instruction of their children. Therefore, parents who are members of the congregation are encouraged to be vigilant in exercising their responsibility at all times and to do the following:
      • Have direct and active involvement in their children’s lives.
      • Educate themselves and their children about child abuse.
      • Encourage, promote, and maintain regular communication with their children. —Deuteronomy 6:6, 7; Proverbs 22:3.
      Jehovah’s Witnesses publish an abundance of Bible-based information to assist parents to fulfill their responsibility to protect and instruct their children.—See the references at the end of this document.
       7. Congregations of Jehovah’s Witnesses do not separate children from their parents for the purpose of instruction or other activities. (Ephesians 6:4) For example, our congregations do not provide or sponsor orphanages, Sunday schools, sports clubs, day-care centers, youth groups, or other activi-ties that separate children from their parents.
      8. Elders strive to treat victims of child abuse with compassion, understanding, and kindness. (Colossians 3:12) As spiritual counselors, the elders endeavor to listen carefully and empathetically to victims and to console them. (Proverbs 21:13; Isaiah 32:1, 2; 1 Thessalonians 5:14; James 1:19) Victims and their families may decide to consult a mental-health professional. This is a personal decision.
      9. Elders never require victims of child abuse to present their accusation in the presence of the alleged abuser. However, victims who are now adults may do so, if they wish. In addition, victims can be accompanied by a confidant of either gender for moral support when presenting their accusation to the elders. If a victim prefers, the accusation can be submitted in the form of a written statement.
      10. Child abuse is a serious sin. If an alleged abuser is a member of the congregation, the elders conduct a Scriptural investigation. This is a purely religious proceeding handled by elders according to Scriptural instructions and is limited to the issue of membership as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses. A member of the congregation who is an unrepentant child abuser is expelled from the congregation and is no longer considered one of Jehovah’s Witnesses. (1 Corinthians 5:13) The elders’ handling of an accusation of child abuse is not a replacement for the authorities’ handling of the matter.—Romans 13:1-4.
      11. If it is determined that one guilty of child sexual abuse is repentant and will remain in the congregation, restrictions are imposed on the individual’s congregation activities. The individual will be specifically admonished by the elders not to be alone in the company of children, not to cultivate friendships with children, or display any affection for children. In addition, elders will inform parents of minors within the congregation of the need to monitor their children’s interaction with the individ-ual.
      12. A person who has engaged in child sexual abuse does not qualify to receive any congregation privileges or to serve in a position of responsibility in the congregation for decades, if ever. —1 Timothy 3:1-7, 10; 5:22; Titus 1:7.
      13. This document is available upon request to members of the congregation. It is reviewed at least once every three years.
      Source: https://www.jw.org/en/news/legal/legal-resources/information/packet-jw-scripturally-based-position-child-protection/#?insight[search_id]=4022773a-67c8-48a8-ba04-eac2f426147e&amp;insight[search_result_index]=0

• Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      Religion has always been a feature of schooling in England. The Education Act of 1944 made the study of Religion the only compulsory subject in school and it was to be accompanied by a “daily act of worship” for all pupils. Back then religion was largely synonymous with Christianity.
      But a recent survey from the National Association of Teachers of Religious Education shows there appears to be a growing problem with parents taking their children out of school RE lessons. The findings show that parents are withdrawing children from lessons on Islam, or visits to the Mosque, calling into question their preparation for life in modern Britain.
      Recently published research suggests that “withdrawal” has been requested in almost three quarters of schools. More than 10% of those withdrawing are open about the fact that they are doing so for racist or Islamophobic reasons.
      In 2017, the RE Council set up an independent commission to review RE. This Commission on RE has heard much anecdotal evidence of Islamophobically-inspired withdrawal. Teachers up and down the country have stories of parents not wishing their children to learn about “that terrorist religion”. This conflicts with the duty of schools to promote “British Values” of tolerance and respect and to challenge extremism.
      Recently, the teaching union, the Association of Teachers and Lecturer, passed a motion condemning “racist” parents who pull their children out of RE lessons. The union has urged the government to put a stop to it.
      The law on withdrawal
      Parents are able to pull their children out of RE lessons by drawing on the 1996 Education Act, which states that a parent can request that for their child to be wholly or partly excused from religious education and religious worship in the school.
      A voluntary “conscience clause” existed in some church schools since the 1820s and became part of the 1870 and 1944 education acts. Put simply, if the only school in the village was a Roman Catholic school, and Anglican and nonconformist parents did not want their children indoctrinated into Catholicism (and vice-versa) they could be excused from the religious instruction offered there. They could then provide their own denominationally suitable religious instruction either at school or elsewhere.
      Some parents didn’t want their children to visit a mosque. Shutterstock For decades this clause appeared to cause few problems. Indeed research I carried out suggests that there was little to be worried about. In a handful of schools, occasional families with a particular background – often Jehovah’s Witnesses – would not take part in assemblies or RE lessons and would instead, work quietly on their own materials. But it seems now, times are changing.
      Read more: http://theconversation.com/parents-are-pulling-children-from-re-lessons-so-they-dont-learn-about-islam-95235
    • By Jesus.defender
      THE ACTUAL SUPER POWER PROCESS
      Super Power Rundown Series 5
      The final step of the Super Power Rundown is to give back to the person his full
      potential power as a being. All prior steps on the Super Power Rundown have been
      designed to get a person into a state wherein he is set up to regain his ability to handle
      infinite power. These processes are run just like any other process with full F/N, Cog VGIs
      as the EP. If the person goes exterior continue to run the processes. If there is a dial wide
      F/N continue to run the process. The only time you would end off the process or the session
      is if the person has a persistent floating TA.
      At some point during the running of this series of processes the person will reach
      a state wherein they are speechless. They will laugh with wild abandon. Their TA will be
      floating! They will probably also be exterior and will be unable to communicate in words
      what they are experiencing. This is the end result of the Super Power Rundown. It is rare
      for this to occur prior to the running of the last flow of this series of processes, but if it
      occurs then acknowledge the win.
      One thing the auditor must not do is interrupt the person while in the middle of this
      major win or during the laughter. Otherwise it will invalidate the win. The auditor simply
      maintains his TRs and lets the person have his win. Do not end the session until the
      laughter stops as this will also tend to invalidate the person and his win.
      The laughter can go on for some time. Perhaps up to an hour. Be sure and just be there
      with the person during this win and not end the session until the laughter has subsided.
      The following is the last series of processes one runs on the Super Power Rundown:
      1. Get the idea that you have infinite power.
      2. Get the idea that another has infinite power.
      3. Get the idea that others have infinite power.
      4. Get the idea that you can cause yourself to have infinite power.
      5. Get the idea that you have been given infinite power.
      6. Get the idea that another has been given infinite power.
      7. Get the idea that others have been given infinite power.
      8. Get the idea that you have caused yourself to be given infinite power.
      9. Get the idea that you can give another infinite power.
      10. Get the idea that another can give you infinite power.
      11. Get the idea that others can give others infinite power.
      12. Get the idea that you can cause yourself infinite power.
      13. Get the idea that you are infinite.
      14. Get the idea that another is infinite.
      15. Get the idea that others are infinite.
      16. Get the idea that you can cause yourself to be infinity.
      Make sure to run only the reading process and check for interest. Do not run any
      process on the person in which he is not interested.
      END PHENOMENA
      The rundown has two major types of cognitions, and both of them should occur
      before the rundown is declared complete.
      The first is a realization that the person is himself. Some statement that adds up to
      “I’m me!” will occur if the rundown is done correctly.
      The second will be an awareness that the person is here, aware of the present
      environment, or “I’m here!”. These two cognitions are natural results of undoing the
      dumbbell phenomena.

BASIC BASIC
      The first (earliest) bit in the bank is not an Item but a light.
      It appears to the left front of the face, some distance away (look ahead and to the
      left a bit and you’ll spot it).
      It is the source of unconsciousness and produces it when contacted.
      There is a light before each Run, in the middle of each 7’s GPM (every 4 pairs), at
      the start of Basic End Words, at the start of Confusion GPM, and at the start of the Objects
      and at the end of each type of Item in the Objects (every 8 Items). Each time you feel
      groggy, it’s a light doing it. Each major change, then, is preceded by the light. Mark these
      in on your platens if they are not there. Flatten each one by spotting it, and it and thetan.
      Anaten (unconsciousness) can be spotted away.
      It is part of the light. When the light went on, the thetan went anaten. Instead of a
      Solo Auditor going anaten in his session, it is only necessary to spot the anaten in the
      thetan when running the light.
      When you spot a light or object or combination of objects, you should get a read on
      the needle. By spotting the same thing again, you get another read. By spotting it again,
      you get another read. And so you continue to spot it, time after time, until no more reads
      occur by reason of spotting.
      You repeat verbal items aloud, getting a read each time you repeat until it has no
      more reads. Verbal items are found in the “7’s”. “Basic End Words” and “Confusion
      GPM”.
      But you silently spot lights, objects, combinations of objects repeatedly (same one)
      until you have no more reads.
      You should get as many falls, etc. from spotting a light as you do from calling an
      Item.
      Spotting the thetan follows the same rules. You spot repeatedly until there are no
      more reads on the needle by reason of spotting the thetan (self) at that instant and place.
      You don’t have to see the light to spot it or see the thetan or see the object or objects.
      You only need to spot the place where they are with the idea of what should be there.
      Of course, seen at first or not, continued spotting makes it blow.

HUBBARD COMMUNICATIONS OFFICE
      Saint Hill Manor, East Grinstead, Sussex
      HCO BULLETIN OF 2 OCTOBER 1968
      OT I I I
      CLASS VIII
      OT III
      As a matter of data, the only trouble really in a III OT run is running an Inc I on one thetan
      and an incident II on another, thinking it was thc first one. A preOT can free wheel into R6 if
      you run only an INC 2. You can stop the free wheel at once by running Inc I off the same thetan
      you ran the Inc 2 on that started a free wheel.
      Free wheel means that the pc goes on automatic continuous run. Inc 2 is R6 75 million years
      ago. Inc I is about 4 quadrillion yoars ago. Both, all thetans on this planet and 21 nearby stars have
      in common. All thetans in the Universe have Inc. 1. Only those in this Old Confederation have
      Inc 2 and R6. All CC and OTII materials are in R6 75 million years ago. These are followed by
      36 days worth of motion pictures - god devil, space opera, trains, cars, helicopters, crashes, stage
      etc. This R6 is 75 million years ago and this planet and confederation.
      If the vokano bit is run as per III directions but the Inc I is not run on same thetan, R6 begins
      to run off on automatic, the being can’t sleep for days, the body dies. That’s the way it was
      designed.
      LRH:nd:sp L. RON HUBBARD
      Copyright (c) 1968 FOUNDER
      by L. Ron Hubbard
      ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

HCO BULLETIN OF 4 MAY 1968
      AO Only
      III Packs
      HCO BULLETIN OF 12 APRIL 1970
      SECRET
      RUNNING OT III
      When running OT III the Solo Auditor handles Body Theteans as he would any other
      pc, for the general idea is to run them standardly and not to ARC Break them. He does
      not scan through anything in order to find body thetans.
      When a Solo Auditor can find no more BTs, he can attest or run a pressure area down
      and handle as per his running instructions.
      The pre OT could be exterior and the interiorization process can be run in Review
      to help him through.
      Here are three reasons why a pre OT might have trouble whilst running BTs on
      Incident II:
      1. It is the wrong area.
      2. It is not the volcano of the BT being run.
      3. It is not an Incident II but another incident of a different date.
      Check 1 and 2 if you are having any difficulty in running Incident II and handle by
      locating the correct area or finding the volcano of the BT being run.
      If it is not a II simply check for the date and if different, run it.
      L. RON HUBBARD
      FOUNDER
      LRH: dz
      Copyright (c) 1970
      by L. Ron Hubbard
      ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

HCO BULLETIN OF 13 OCTOBER 1969
      OT III ISSUE II
      CLASS VIII
      Secret
      OT III ERRORS
      Among OT III errors are:
      A BT run on Inc I fails to blow.
      There are three reasons:
      (a) Auditor is trying to run a cluster with an Incident 1. The right thing to do is
      date and get the character of the incident that made it a cluster and then run
      Inc Is on those left when it breaks up. Or get Dn auditing.
      (b) There is an earlier Incident I on the same BT. Find it and run it. The BT has
      a chain of them all by himself.
      (c) Another BT is copying the Inc I just run so it looks like it didn’t blow. Failure
      to ever run Inc II can also cause a bog.
      Routine Dianetic Auditing by a Dianetic HDC who is also on or above OT III using
      triple flows and LDN OT III also handles bogged OTIII Pre OTs.
      L. RON HUBBARD
      FOUNDER
      LRH
      Copyright (c) 1969
      by L. Ron Hubbard
      ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
      OT 7 - 47
      1. Go to a place with lots of people
      2. Spot them one at a time
      3. As you spot each person, do the following:
      A. Perceive the individual as a Life Source (Thetan).
      B. Know something about that person.
      C. Be willing to not-know something about that person.
      D. Grant beingness to that person (by cognizing the way they are).
      E. Having that person grant beingness to you.
      OT 7 - 48
      1. Find some plants, trees, etc., and communicate to them individually until you
      know they received your communication.
      2. Go to a zoo or a place with many types of life and communicate with each of
      them untit you know the communication is received and, if possible, returned.
      OT 7 - 49
      Go out to a park, train station or other busy area. Practice placing an intentfon into
      individuals until you can successfully and easily place an intention into or on a being
      and/or a body.

BTs/CLUSTERS ON OR AROUND THE BODY
      This step is run generally with the Pre-OT finding and blowing BTs and
      clusters as he encounters them. This includes BTs and clusters that are on the
      body, inches from the body, feet from the body, yards from the body, or way
      off - all of these in which the auditor is interested are connected to and are
      influencing the body. One is not interested in other people’s BTs or clusters
      but only those directly influencing the Pre-OT’s body. Because the Pre-OT’s
      “attention distance” has increased by the time you get to this step, this is
      relatively easy to do. The auditor of course is not interested in using this one
      Pre-OT to clear the planet but should not object too strenuously if the Pre-OT
      engages in some side actions that do not directly concern him, but realize that
      this is not this step or any other step. Care must be taken to ensure that only
      one mass or area or category is restimulated and fully handled before
      activating another. The caution from OT III pack about not using too wide
      an attention span applies here.
      Phenomena You are Likely to Encounter on this step:
      * Misidentified BTs and clusters who have copied each others’ incidents
      and implants.
      * BTs/clusters switched in time (misconception).
      * BTs/clusters switched in location (misconception).
      * Remote BTs, i.e. stuck on another person or in another location where
      Pre-OT’s attention is fixed or drawn to.
      * BTs/clusters with “something that isn’t there”.
      * Multiple masses creating somatics.
      * Invisible, Secret, and Hiding BTs and clusters.
      * Hypnotized BTs and somnolent BTs and clusters.
      * BTs mocking up things they think they area.
      * Old Between Lives areas, remote implant stations of the past.
      * BTs/clusters who, being stuck in the past and look-forward, think they
      are looking at the future.
      Cognitions or EPs Encountered on this step:
      * Body getting lighter, more relaxed and more in control. Much less mass
      around.
      * Realization that BTs/clusters were causing body shape distortions and
      that body is “moving back into position”.
      8. GENERALLY SPOTTING AND BLOWING BTs AND CLUSTERS
      This step consists of having Pre-OT locate and blow any BT or clusters that
      are visible or perceivable, including handling any BTs or clusters restimulated.
      This is based on the old maxim that “If you get enough charge off . . . or if you
      keep on getting charge off, you will make case gain and an entrance to the case
      will show up”.
      You are likely to encounter any of the phenomena or manifestations of BTs
      and clusters. There is a general cyclic pattern of encountering BTs/clusters
      that are hard to blow or that are holding other BTs/clusters,followed by a
      series of easy blows, then the same pattern repeats over and over.
      9. REMNANT RIDGES (PARTIALLY BLOWN RIDGES, CLUSTERS)
      There is a mechanism of a BT or cluster making a ridge,then another BT or
      cluster comes along and sticks to the ridge. You blow the BT or cluster who
      made the ridge first, then a remnant of the ridge remains containing BTs who
      stuck in it and are now keeping it there and you have to blow these off too -
      they generally blow easily. Another example of this is a BT being a pole trap.
      Another BT comes along and sticks to the pole trap. You first blow the BT
      being the pole trap and then you have to blow the BT who stuck to it.
      The auditor has the Pre-OT look for old ridges, remnants of ridges and
      masses, and completes handling these to fully blown.
      Phenomena You are Likely to Encounter on this Step:
      * BTs/clusters left stuck in the ridge or picture that was mocked up by
      another BT or cluster.
      * BTs/clusters being objects in another BT’s or cluster’s pictures. Such
      a picture is hard to blow unless you recognize that the picture is
      composed of BTs being the parts of the picture.
      * “Hard core” BTs and clusters that are very hard to blow.
      * BTs/clusters with Out-Int.
      * BTs/clusters with stuck flows.
      * BTs stuck on the inside of a ridge who tried to blow but get caught by
      the ridge. When you blow the ridge you find a lot of BTs blowing out
      from under the ridge.
      * BTs and clusters being ridges.
      * Apparent inert masses that behave like ridges and have to be brought
      to life with a “Hello - OK” technique.
      * Two BTs pushing so hard against each other that each one thinks that
      it’s blocked by a ridge and to blow the ridge you have to blow the two
      BTs.
      * Body distortions clearing up.
      * Cognition of “I am well”.
      10. FLOW ASSESSMENT RECALL PROCESS
      This process handles BTs and clusters with very stuck flows. It is run per the
      HCOB on it, to its EP.
      * BTs/clusters unable to move on the time track because time itself
      becomes a stuck flow forward to them.
      * BTs/clusters who dive down the time track on a time stuck flow basis.
      * BTs/clusters who suddenly pop into view as they were in Revivs down
      the time track and weren’t even in sight (which is what gives the Pre-
      OT theidea that it’s endless).
      * BTs/clusters (masses) who appear to be in PT (whose pressures are in
      PT) but who are really way down the track and who need only a small
      jerk, given by the Pre-OT, to unstick them from the track.
      * The erroneous idea of the Pre-OT that he is in the past because he is
      being influenced by BTs and clusters that actually are in the past.
      * Fear of the future which is really a protest bringing about the apparency
      of being stuck on he time track and that the time flow can actually stick
      someone.
      11. GENERALLY ADDRESSING THE BODY WITH NED FOR OTs
      The auditor now has the Pre-OT look at the body and in particular any somatic
      area or area of chronic somatics.
      * False body parts, i.e. a false leg (BT or cluster being a false leg).
      * BTs/clusters transferred from another person who had such a physical
      condition, or BTs or clusters who copied such a condition.
      * BTs/clusters stuck in drugs or painkillers or anaesthetics used or taken
      in the body area.
      * Very small BTs that come up to tremendous size before blowing, some
      with concept of “negative” space.
      * Heavy mass, unresponsive or inert BTs/clusters.
      * BTs stuck in body beingnesses, both body parts and body conditions.
      * BTs/clusters who are “making a body”.
      * Identityless BTs/clusters.
      * BTs/clusters that are Dead, that think they’re Mest, that think they are
      molecules or planets.
      * A cluster causing a dislocated bone or trying to break a bone or spine,
      plus, the BTs or clusters being the damaged body part and holding onto
      the damage or copying it.
      * BTs/clusters who are being broken legs, misformed arms, cancer,
      damaged brains, or other non-optimum body parts or conditions.
      * BTs or clusters operating on a refusal to make pictures - the negative
      of obsessively mocking up.
      * Extroversion EP for Session and F/Ning TA.
      * Awareness that anything perceived as mass or somatic in the body is
      not the body, but comes from BTs/clusters.
      * Cognition re mocking up pictures due to loss of memory.
      * Actual Exterior perception of Pre-OT increasing.
      * Case change of reaching into body and finding nothing there (i.e. in an
      area of body), and it being clean for the first time.
      * A cognition of personal identity - much more intense than previously.

SPECIFICALLY ADDRESSING CHRONIC SOMATIC AREAS OF BODY
      This is a more specific address to any area of chronic or recurring somatic.
      Some chronic somatics depart very fast and don’t return. These are almost
      miracle in nature. Other chronic somatics gradually lessen and can disappear
      in the course of the whole Rundown. So don’t despair if you don’t get an
      instant alleviation of the chronic somatic but just keep on with the Rundown
      and don’t specialize in chronic somatics. Also be very cheered up when you
      hit an instant disappearance of one. Both conditions can exist in the same Pre-
      OT on different chronic somatics.
      * An Aura - which is a whole package of BTs and clusters formed into the
      shape of a body and aura with other BTs and clusters stuck in it.
      * Very heavy anaten holding clusters glued together.
      * BTs and clusters in other parts of the body affecting the somatic area.
      * BTs and clusters in a very suppressed or compressed state that blow up
      to huge size and mass and surround and go through the whole body.
      ** BTs and clusters behind, or on the other side_of, or inside , bones or
      organs, or on the other side of a ridge - these are very likely to be missed
      as one wouldn’t think to look there.
      * Nulls or unresponsive BTs/clusters that are totally out of communication
      and need to be put into Comm by running “Hellos and OKs” on
      them.
      * A BT or cluster believing he is his own picture - or someone else’s.
      * BTs or clusters being “negatives” - i.e. a “no ___________” like a “no
      stomach”, etc., these come about from intentions to obliterate and
      probably are the root of sickness.
      * The manifestation of Pre-OT trying to look at or into a body part or area
      and a mass or ridge kicking in, between the Pre-OT and the area.
      * Cognition “I can do anything any other being can do”.
      * Lot of somatic blows, and the first real gain on the somatic area.

HCO BULLETIN OF 14 NOVEMBER 1978
      LIMITED
      DISTRIBUTION
      Advanced Courses
      Specialist
      Checksheet
      ACS Auditors
      ACS C/Ses
      NED for OTs Series 34
      C O N F I D E N T I A L
      THE SEQUENCE FOR HANDLING A PHYSICAL CONDITION
      There is a definite sequence for handling a physical condition. All steps must be
      done in this sequence to fully handle the condition:
      1. The item
      2. The body part
      3. Illness (of the body part)
      4. Cures for illness
      5. Protest of cures for the illness
      6. The body part(again)
      7. The item(again)
      8. The period of illness on it (Cluster-making incident)
      Step One - The Item
      The item producing the physical condition. This could be “dust” as an irritant. Or
      “poison”, “bad food”, “paint fumes”, etc.
      The item is handled by finding and blowing off BTs and clusters who are:
      (a) being the item
      (b) resisting the item
      The item will then cease to read.
      Step Two - The Body Part
      The body part affected by the item. E.g. for the item “dust” the body part was
      “lungs”. For “poison” or “bad food” the body part could be “stomach”.
      On this step you handle BTs being the body part, i.e. being “lungs”. This includes
      the negative of BTs being “a no body part” such as “no lungs”. And BTs and clusters stuck
      in and on the body part, or area of the body, or affecting the body part or area. When all
      such BTs and clusters are handled, the body part will no longer read.
      Step Three - Illness
      The next action is to handle illnesses of the body part(i.e. BTs and clusters being
      “sick lungs” or being a condition of an illness or disease or the body part.) “Illness of body
      part” will cease to read.
      Step Four - Cures for Illness
      You will now find BTs and clusters being cures for illnesses of the body part. Handle
      all such BTs and clusters by blowing them off. “Cures for Illness” will then cease to read.
      Step Five - Protest of Cures for the Illness
      You will now find BTs and clusters protesting cures for the illness. Blow all these
      off and “Protest of cures for the Illness” will cease to read.
      Step Six - Body Part
      You will find that the original body part will now be reading again. You handle all
      BTs and clusters, on or in or being the body part, until they’re all handled and the body
      part just F/Ns.
      Step Seven - Item
      Now the original item (from Step One) will be reading again and so you blow off
      all BTs and clusters on the item. This includes BTs and clusters with engrams on the item,
      BTs and clusters who have been run on the item when they didn’t have that item (i.e.
      wrong item for them), and BTs and clusters who copied it. You may even encounter BTs
      who went Clear, and thought they had engrams on it when they didn’t.
      Step Eight - Illness On It
      There are periods of time when the person had the physical condition, sometimes
      years of illness, (which due to mutual shared experience of the illness), made a cluster.
      This is the period of the illness or physical condition as a cluster-making incident. These
      are BTs and clusters who were not actually connected with the item, or illness themselves,
      but were made into a cluster and added on, due to the period of illness which they
      experienced.
      The above are the full steps and sequence for handling a physical condition or
      illness. If not done fully or omitted, the condition will recur. So all steps must be fully done
      in that sequence.
      On each step of this sequence the BTs and clusters are handled with the various
      techniques given for blowing them - the Valence Technique is the most usual and
      effective method.
      The item for Step One is found by asking the PreOT for what caused or produced
      the condition. It will most likely be the first item given by the PreOT. Be alert for getting
      into listing or getting an out-list. If so the most likely error is that it was the first item on
      the list, and this item was invalidated by going past it, or by over-listing past it, or the item
      was found and audited previously but not fully handled resulting in the item being
      suppressed or invalidated.
      The steps are repeated here in short form for auditor use:
      1. The item
      2. The body part
      3. Illness (of the body part)
      4. Cures for Illness
      5. Protest of cures for the illness
      6. The body part (again)
      7. The item (again)
      8. The period of illness on it (Cluster-making incident)
      L. RON HUBBARD
      FOUNDER
      LRH:dm:kjm
      Copyright (c) 1978
      by L. Ron Hubbard
      ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
      scientology-ot-levels.pdf
    • By The Librarian
      Anthony Morris III, a member of the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses, attempts to make the analogy that cults "chain" people to the religion.  
    • By Kurt
      INTRODUCTION: The following was written in response to the accusation that Jehovah's Witnesses only hold their position of non-participation in political wars because they live in free and democratic countries that will respect that choice; the implication being that Jehovah's Witness do not practise their religion nor could they possibly maintain such a position in Islamic countries.
      There are currently just over 8 million Jehovah's Witnesses worldwide and this includes in countries with a predominently (over 50%) Muslim population, for example there are currently 26,741 Jehovah's Witnesses in Indonesia which is 88% Muslim, 2829 in Turkey (99% Muslim), 1,263 Witnesses in Senegal which has a 94% Muslim population.
      Are there any Jehovah's Witnesses in extremist Islamic states?
      There are approximately dozen or so countries that claim the totality or near total of its citizens are Muslim (95-100%). There are for the most part absolute monarchies or totalitarian regimes that do not ascribe to the principal of freedom of worship. Noteworthy however is the fact that nearly all of them (with the possible exception of the Islands of the Maldives) have had a small Witness presence at some time during their modern day history (see fig 1). The 1974 yearbook of Jehovah's Witesses states the following, regarding the Arab-speaking countries "Here we find very small groups of JehovahÂ’s witnesses [...]. These are all preaching the Kingdom good news, but under very severe difficulties. Trying to present the message of GodÂ’s kingdom to Moslems is most difficult. Furthermore, conditions continue to be very tense in the Middle East" - yb74 page 21 para 2. For example the yearbook of 1975 gives the example of the North African country of Morocco with a 99% Muslim population that "the work in Morocco continues in its second year under ban, but the brothers are very strong spiritually. It was necessary for quite a few Europeans to move out, so there was a decrease of about twenty publishers during the year." - yb 1975 p.8 par 5.

Why are there no current figures for extremist or totalitarian Islamic States? 
      Many of the countries now viewed as estremist Islamic republics were, during some period in their recent history, relatively liberal. The women in Iran for example in the 1970s were free to dress as the liked and the countries accepted Christian missionaries. In such climates the Jehovah's Witnesses religion generally discretely introduced to the areas. With war, politcal upheaval or a change in religious climate in most of the arab world, things changed, missionaries were forced to leave many of the countries and no figures have been published since (for the most part) the early to mid 1970s. This however does NOT mean there are is no longer a Witness presence in the country. 
      Out of sight but still active
      History testifies that even if literature and foreign missionaries are banned interested native residents once contacted (either from letters or calls from overseas relatives or another means) generally continue to make progress and in turn preach to family, friends and discreetly to acqaintences and colleagues. The JWs numbers have historically continued to grow even under total ban or blanket oppression. For example the 1992 yearbook, report of the activity in Yemen: "field service and meeting reports are sketchy, but meetings continue to be held. A sister from another country, though separated from the other publishers, conducts several Bible studies. Thus, in fulfillment of Matthew 24:14, even in this country some witness is being given." of Qatar, the 1971 yearbook (p. 194) explains "The one brother in Qatar has carried on by himself during the year preaching the Kingdom good news to those who will listen. In this Moslem land the preaching of Christianity is not looked upon kindly, and the brother is not able to work openly from house to house. But through personal contacts he is able to spread the truth and place some literature, thus opening the way for further calls." 
      The Jehovah's Witness leadership often continue to receive reports from these regions and support these ones as best they can but the Watchtower Society will not publish specific figures or inform their members of what measures are taken to help their brethren under ban. These figures,if available would come under the heading "other countries" in their public reports. According to the 2017 Report there are 31 Other lands where the witnesses are active but their work is restricted (R) or banned. The number of Witnesses in these lands totals 41,775. (see post above)

LEGAL BATTLES IN ISLAMIC STATES
      It should be noted that the majority of countries in the above catagory do not guarantee freedom of religion and/or are failed States, in States that are more politically stable or Islamic States that are democratic in nature such as Turkey, Pakistan and Senegal the Witnesses numbers are higher despite the country being almost exclusively Muslim. That said in a number of these countries (such as Egypt, Eritrea, and countries that were formerly part of the Soviet Union such as Kyrgyzstan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Georgia and most famously Russia) the Witnesses have still faced imprisonment and restrictions and/or are presently engaged in legal battles to protect the rights of their membership (links provided). The relevance of this is that these legal battles themselves constitute proof that the Jehovah's Witnesses continue to practise their faith in these predominently Muslim countries. The 1980 report on Syria well illustrates the situation in all these countries, stating: "What the political and social future of this troubled land will be is uncertain. But it is certain that Jehovah will continue to accomplish the preaching of the good news in Lebanon and Syria until the “great tribulation” ushers in his peaceful new system of things. The brothers in these countries pray that Jehovah will continue to use them in that work until it is finished"
      - yb 1980 p. 209 par 1

source: Legal developments (by region)
      When a State completely fails or war threatens the lives of the population the Witnesses like others may have to flee for their lives or go into hiding; they carry their faith with them and will even in those extreme circumstances look for opportunities to share their hope even if physically isolated from their brotherhood. Jehovah's Witnesses remain politically neutral even during ethnic conflicts.
      POLITICAL NEUTRALITY IN ISLAMIC STATES
      Jehovah's Witnesses take a very firm stand against violence and do not engage in military service. This position is not exclusive to democratic countries or countries with a predominently Christian population. For example in the African country of Eritrea (50% Muslim) 55 of it's members are currently in prison (some in perpetuality for 24 years) a number of whom were arrested for their position as consciensous objectors. This is also the case in countries such as Kyrgyzstan (80% Muslim) and Turkmenistan (89% Muslim) all of which have failed to comply with the UN International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights. The exitence of these prisoners prove that the Jehovah's Witness position is held in Christian and Muslim countries no matter what the personal cost may be.

ERITREA: Full list PDF download (scroll down)
      CONCLUSION: The available data indicates that Jehovah's Witnesses practice their religion in both free and democratic countries as well as in countries which have a predominently Muslim population and which do not respect internationally recognized human rights. The facts testify that their position as regard to the refusal to engage in military service (as well as what they see as the divine instruction to meet together for prayer and fellowship and preach the bible) continues even if their literature is banned and they are driven underground. Their experiences under totalitarian regimes such as under Hilter or in Stalin's Russia, testifies that being cut off from the free world does not mean that, as a people compromise their position. The accusation that Jehovah's Witnesses should "Go to [an] Islam[ic]" country before they have the right to speak about neutrality, as if they are cowardly restrict their activities to where they know their rights will be respect, displays an ignorance of the facts.

• Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      Lina Lashin, 16, Amal Qayum, 16, and Sara Lashin, 14, were among members of the Peace Mosque Islamic Community and Conference Centre who were on hand to great the public during the mosque's grand opening.
      “Don't hear about us, hear from us.”
      That was the message Kahled Gebril hoped to share on Saturday at the Peace Mosque Islamic Community and Conference Centre opened its doors to celebrate its grand opening.
      “The message that we want to give is ... we can all live together stronger if we know each other,” the religious leader at the mosque said.
      The congregation at the Calendonia Street mosque on Saturday hosted a public event as a way to introduce itself to the neighbourhood.
      Invitations were sent to residents in the area as well as to various faith groups in Niagara.
      “This is not just a place of prayer, rather it's a community centre and by community I mean the Niagara community and not just the Muslim community,” Gebril said. “This space is for everyone.”
      The day-long open house included a fun fair, bazaar and barbecue.
      “We wanted to have a carnival that was open to all the kids in the community,” said Lina Lashin, 17.
      “Everyone is welcome here and we wanted to spread the word around, to say welcome to the community.”
      Gebril said the open house was also an opportunity to clear up any misconceptions non-Muslims may have about Islam.
      “What you hear in the media is not always a fair representation or a correct picture,” Gebril explained.
      “What we want to tell people is that we're just like you...we're doctors and engineers and businessmen. We are all about peace.”
      The congregation acquired the building in May after it outgrew its previous home on Stanley Avenue.
      The new location, former home of the Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses, will give members an opportunity to expand its services to include youth sports programs and a tutoring program for high school students.
      The mosque plans to hold a food drive in the near future as well as offer a soup kitchen for those less fortunate.
      “Our beliefs say that we're here to give. We're here to help,” Gebril added. “If we don't do this, then we haven't fulfilled our mission.”
      http://www.niagarafallsreview.ca/2017/08/05/new-mosque-opens-its-doors-to-public-in-niagara-falls
    • By TheWorldNewsOrg
      “We Will Cease To Exist! Our Values! Our Identity! Will Be Taken Away By Islamization Of Our Society

World News
    • By TheWorldNewsOrg
      via TheWorldNewsOrg
      via journal.theworldnewsmedia.org
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      La cantante y su esposo han seguido las tradiciones musulmanas

Estos actos supuestamente han desatado una guerra santa entre la familia de Wissam Al Mana y la familia de Janet Jackson, que son Testigos de Jehová.
      El nacimiento del hijo de Janet Jackson es el nuevo suceso que parece confirmar que la cantante adoptó la religión musulmana, la que profesa su esposo, Wissam Al Mana.
      Fuentes cercanas a su familia le revelaron a Radar Online, que los nuevos padres han realizado los rituales tradicionales que dicta la religión tras el nacimiento de un niño, desde que el pequeño nació el 3 de enero. Incluso asegura que Eissa, como lo llamaron, fue inmediatamente bautizado bajo el Islam.
      “Tan pronto el niño nació, Wissam le susurró en el oído derecho la palabra `Adhan’, que le inculca al niño que Alá es el único Dios y Mahoma el único mensajero”, dijo la fuente, quien también aseguró que Wissam le pasó al bebé una fruta dulce por la lengua, una práctica que se realiza para que el recién nacido herede los buenos atributos de sus padres, especialmente del padre.
      Como parte de las costumbres también se sacrificó un animal, que al dar su último respiro el padre susurró “Alá” en el oído del bebé.
      “Nos dijeron que sacrificaron un cabro o una oveja, que es la tradición en cada nacimiento de un verdadero musulmán, cuando los padres quieren complacer y agradecer a Alá”, afirmó la fuente.
      Estos actos supuestamente han desatado una guerra santa entre la familia de Wissam y la familia de Jackson, que son Testigos de Jehová.
      Jackson, quien se casó con el multimillonario de Qatar en el 2012, desde hace unos años ha dado muestras de que estaba adoptando costumbres de la religión musulmana, pues en público había sido vista usando ropa femenina musulmana como las burkas, dejando atrás la ropa provocativa que la distinguió en su carrera. También había integrado frases musulmanas en sus canciones y presentaciones en vivo.
      El nombre que le dieron al niño parece que fue lo que primero causó problemas entre las familia, pues los Jackson quería que Janet le pusiera el de su fenecido hermano Michael, sin embargo la fuente asegura que Wissam se opuso, ya que en la tradición musulmana es el padre quien elige el nombre y no permitiría que usara un nombre cristiano.
      La familia de la artista sostiene que su esposo le ha lavado el cerebro.
      http://www.elnuevodia.com/entretenimiento/farandula/nota/sacrificanuncabropornacimientodehijodejanetjackson-2279963/
    • By Med Alaoui
      Watch this Video to know if God will forgive us or no ?

• By Med Alaoui
      The five Misconceptions about God are:

Moon God, children of god, Gender, God of Muslims, Where is God.

You watch this Video to watch and listen the answer fot the five misconceptions about God

• Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      Many Muslims would be glad to see Europe conquered by Islam, an Austrian cardinal and leading future candidate for the papacy said. He also warned that the Christian heritage of Europe risked disappearing, with the statements raising much controversy online.

• Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      Baku. Mubariz Aslanov – APA. Chairman of the State Committee for Work with Religious Organizations of AzerbaijanMubariz Gurbanli received Chairman of the European Association of Jehovah's Christian Witnesses Tony Brace and the association’s representative Mariano Makias Guzman on Sept. 14.

During the meeting Gurbanli noted that the state-religion relations in Azerbaijan are regulated by the Constitution and the Law “On freedom of religion”.   

“96% of the Azerbaijani population is Muslims,” he said, stressing that religious tolerance is characteristic of the Azerbaijani society and is one of its important achievements.  

“In Azerbaijan special attention is paid to ensure freedom of conscience and faith, create an inter-religious communication bridge and expand cooperation between religious denominations,” the committee chairman added.

Gurbanli said Yehovah's Witnesses has also a community in Azerbaijan, but it has not passed re-registration.

The guests, in turn, informed about the activities of the European Association of Jehovah's Christian Witnesses in Europe.

Deputy chairmen of the State Committee Seyavush Heydarov and Gunduz Ismayilov also attended the meeting.
      http://en.apa.az/azerbaijan_religion_news/mubariz-gurbanli-meets-with-chairman-of-european-association-of-jehovah-s-christian-witnesses.html
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      Muslim pilgrims cast pebbles in a symbolic stoning of the devil, during the annual pilgrimage, known as the hajj, in Mina outside of Mecca, Saudi Arabia.

• Guest Nicole
    • By The Librarian
      Dog owners have been given leaflets telling them to keep their pets off the streets for religious reasons. The handouts were published by a movement called ‘for public purity’, it claims the area has a large Muslim population who would be upset with seeing dogs on the streets.

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    didiervaissiere
    Newest Member
    didiervaissiere

• Topics

• Just as the WT knows how to work the global market by investing their money in hedge funds, they know how to manipulate a developing mind with persuasion techniques.  I perceive the downplay of higher education as a safeguard from losing members.  While the organization warns these young ones of Satan’s worldly traps when pursuing higher education, in reality it appears to me that it’s all about keeping JWs captive to the organization’s “empty philosophy”.  Col 2:8  Knowing how the young mind develops sheds light on the org's use of persistent warnings not to pursue higher education.  “Developmental Tasks and Attributes of Late Adolescence/Young Adulthood (Ages 18-24 years) http://www.amchp.org/programsandtopics/AdolescentHealth/projects/Documents/SAHRC AYADevelopment LateAdolescentYoungAdulthood.pdf This is a time of life when very little is normative. It is a period of frequent change and exploration that covers many aspects of their life: home, family, work, school, resources, and role. Develop and apply abstract thinking skills Adolescents experience significant changes in their capacity to think. In changing from concrete to abstract thought they are increasingly able to understand and grapple with abstract ideas, think about possibilities, think ahead, think about thinking, and “put themselves in another person’s shoes.” In general, this changes their ability to think about themselves, others and the world around them. This is a gradual process that spans adolescence and young adulthood. For example, early in the process youth are limited in their ability to hold more than one point of view – understanding something from one perspective but not another. ·        Capacity for abstract thought becomes established; can think abstractly and hypothetically; can discern the underlying principles and apply them to new situations; and can think about the future, considering many possibilities and logical outcomes of possible events. ·       Able to hold and manipulate clusters of abstract ideas and create systems for organizing abstract thoughts. ·       Greater ability to consider different points of view at the same time can result in increased empathy and concern for others, and new interest in societal issues for many. It also allows youth to better value the diversity of people (and their perspectives) and appreciate that there may be many right answers to a problem. Adopt A Personal Value System Adolescents develop a more complex understanding of moral behavior and underlying principles of justice. They question and assess beliefs from childhood and restructure these beliefs into a personal ideology (e.g. more personally meaningful values, religious views, and belief systems to guide decisions and behavior). ·        Decisions and values are less influenced by peers. ·       Able to see multiple viewpoints, value the diversity of people and perspectives and appreciate that there can be many right answers to a problem. ·        Identify values and viewpoints that work for oneself while respecting viewpoints/values of others I would imagine there is a high risk of young JWs entering a college or university after high school, with the same age group, and going through the same mental development stages ...leaving the Watchtower altogether.  
    • John 17:14-16 The comments in the study Bible on John 17:15 say: "Jehovah...could even separate his people physically from the rest of the world and place them in a a safe and peaceful environment. However, regarding his disciples, Jesus prayed to his heavenly Father: "I request you, not to take them out of the world, but to watch over them because of the wicked one." Jehovah has chosen not to take us "out of the world." Rather, it is his will that we live among the general population of this world in order to proclaim his message of hope and comfort to others. (Rom. 10:13-15) But, as Jesus implied in his prayer, by living in this world, we are exposed to "the wicked one." Disobedient mankind and wicked spirit forces cause much pain and anguish, and Christians are not immune to distress." 1 Peter 5:9 So while we recognize we have to live in a world under Satan's control, it doesn't mean we should go out of our way to expose ourselves to potentially dangerous influences and bad association. There are of course necessary things we must do to survive and provide for our families - such as employment, which as you correctly pointed out, can mean rubbing shoulders with worldly people and attitudes whatever level of education we choose. But even on that, we are selective so as to minimize our exposure to potentially harmful influences. It may include being selective as to what type of work we are willing to accept, or whom we work with/for. Many caring parents know they can't completely eliminate bad influences at school for instance (since kids have to have some type of schooling and it is beneficial), but they may choose to be selective as to whom they allow their kids to spend their extra time with. So living in the world, we recognize there are certain things we must do whether we like it or not. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't exercise caution and be selective as to what we choose to involve ourselves in. I could rationalize that I need a job to support myself and my family - a legitimate and necessary need,  but would I choose to work for the mafia to do so? No, I would be selective and cautious.  I agree with you. I often have the same problem on both phone and tablet. Fortunately I've recently discovered that we can edit and make corrections. I wish I had known that earlier before "auto-correct" ran roughshod over my posts.  As for my level of education, I provide as little information as possible to identify me. As a "whistleblower" on some things, there would be an opportunity for "blowback" from men in authority who have something to hide. I don't even post what country I'm from. So when I have written that at times there are men in authority who act as wickedly as people in the world and hide behind their authority, I know exactly what I'm talking about. That's why I don't buy into the "Jesus is in full control of everything..." stuff, because I know some of the stuff that goes on is about as unChristlike as you can get. He doesn't cause/control it just because he allows it for a time. I also question some of the decisions men (not Jesus) have made when I am in possession of all the facts - especially when removal or disfellowshipping has as it's objective to silence whistleblowers who expose their corruption. I have never been DF'd, but I know if they thought I was spilling the beens on them, that's exactly what would happen. So I don't mention any names either that would tip them off. Just letting people know that you can still maintain your faith and relationship with God despite the evil that (some) men do - and get away with for now.  Sorry if this rant is off topic.
    • Perhaps it can be as you said. And perhaps this can be true with many other similar "stories".   What I see as important in this "story", is fine moral message and inspirational, motivating injection that in this materialistic and superficial everyday life offers a spiritual upgrade.... said with different order of words. 
    • Some do. Like the Rainbow Mountains, and some of the Caucasus (Svaneti) look more like rocky Alps. I'd love to see those mountains, and I planned to visit Georgia within two or three years if possible. I've never been to Georgia, the closest so far has been to northern Turkey (Ankara, Zonguldak, Samsun). If Jehovah did not intervene, and nature was left to itself, moving the tectonic plates would have caused thousands of violent aftershocks and tsunamis for quite some time after the floodwaters settled. Even on water, during the Flood, the Ark would have to be given divine protection. Settling on a high mountain might protect from tsunamis but not the quakes. I'd like to look up some info on these. Where should I start?
    • The story has also been told that it was a "black boy" who offered him the newspaper for free: https://mylife-chapter.blogspot.com/2017/08/who-is-richer-than-bill-gates.html When my wife was a school principal, teachers were always putting up posters about, for example, the "Ten Things Bill Gates Says about School" or "What Bill Gates Said Were the Most Important Things in Life" etc. He may have told a story like this, but usually people create such stories so that their own moral lesson comes across with more authority.  
  • Popular Now