The World News Media

SECULAR EVIDENCE and NEO-BABYLONIAN CHRONOLOGY (Nebuchadnezzar, Cyrus, etc.)

JW Insider

• Views 26.8k
  • Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let me try to lay this out for you (although this is more for any interested readers' benefit than for yours). The stars, planets, and Moon are components in a giant sky-clock that keeps perfect time.

Since love doesn't keep account of the injury and covers a multitude of sins, I will not go back and show you what you have actually said. Besides, I've never wanted to make this into a contest of who

Most of what CC says is just bluster he finds randomly, evidently by Googling key words. And if it he doesn't quite understand it, he must think others won't understand it either, and therefore he thi

Posted Images

1 minute ago, AlanF said:

such nonsense.

AlanF..... you have never said anything I could think about...... not once.  Insider at least gives one something to consider..... or to be aware of (that is a compliment).

Your replies are like the excrement they are still looking for in the wilderness of Sinai. According to you there should be overwhelminging evidence of poop in Sinai  .......not like the overwhelming LACK  of evidence in finding the interim stages in the fossil record...... no bones..... bones are harder than poop and yet ie. there are no bones to prove how the wing

developed etc. 

12 minutes ago, AlanF said:

There are no "bible chronological dates" without first attaching one of the Bible's relative chronologies to a secular date. Why do

The bible can stand on it's own feet - it needs no secular dates.  Secular dates is just additional  evidence.

31 minutes ago, Arauna said:

That is the prerogative of scholarly  theories" which are accepted by peers who think too much of their own personal opinions.

So says the moron who cannot come up with "additional evidence" for the 539 date, and rejects what the Insight book says.

2 minutes ago, Arauna said:

AlanF..... you have never said anything I could think about...... not once.

Such is the effect of Dunning-Kruger at work. Thinking is HARD WORK.

Your replies are like the excrement they are still looking for in the wilderness of Sinai. According to you there should be overwhelminging evidence of poop in Sinai 

See? This statement shows how abysmally stupid you are. I never said what you claim -- I said that there is NO EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER of 40 years of Israelite wanderings in Sinai -- not EVEN poop. Do you know what the word "even" means?

And of course, you STILL can't come up with any evidence. Not even excuses. You just ignore the problem.

.......not like the overwhelming LACK  of evidence in finding the interim stages in the fossil record...... no bones..... bones are harder than poop and yet ie. there are no bones to prove how the wing developed etc. 

Complete nonsense. You again prove that you've read nothing about the subject outside of Young-Earth Creationist and Watchtower publications.

7 minutes ago, Arauna said:

The bible can stand on it's own feet - it needs no secular dates.  Secular dates is just additional  evidence.

I've rarely seen anyone so clueless who could manage to work a computer keyboard and not stub a toe.

Once again, you moron: THERE ARE NO BIBLICAL DATES WITHOUT FIRST HAVING SECULAR DATES.

And you've not given any such "biblical dates", nor evidence for what you think they are.

38 minutes ago, Arauna said:

The scriptures are clear:  Israel  moved around and did not build permanent structures from mud bricks or stone.  They had food provided for them by God and their poop was organic...... worms r molds could eat it.  

You honestly think that 3 million people wandering around in a desert for 40 years would leave ZERO EVIDENCE? Not even bits of clothing, lost jewelry, tools, skeletons of about 2 million cadavers? Human droppings are the least of the zero evidence.

BUT the best kept secret is this: there is evidence that they were in Egypt (only 300 years earlier than the scholars say). In Avaris in the Delta region they have found Joseph's pyramid and 12 small pyramids for the fathers  of the tribes. There is also an ancient  canal called Joseph's  canal. This existed approx.  3520 years ago. 

So what? Almost no one disputes that something pretty much unknown outside "Bible history" was going on then. But not a huge Exodus of some 3 million people.

If you just read stuff against the bible you will never get to see the evidence which proves its historic authenticity. 

I've read all manner of stuff for and against. You obviously have not read anything outside of Fundamentalist literature -- much like your Young-Earth Creationist sources.

20 minutes ago, César Chávez said:

Most of them don't align with 605 BC nor 597 BC or 587 BC.

That's false. All of them do. No exceptions.

All of them combine to show that 605 BCE was Nebuchadnezzar's 1st regnal year.

All of them combine to show that 597 BCE was Nebuchadnezzar's 8th regnal year.

All of them combine to show that 587 BCE was Nebuchadnezzar's 18th regnal year.

39 minutes ago, Arauna said:

I have looked it up so many times on internet - no matter what subject I look up regarding Persia...... one always gets the same date for the death of cyrus.  There is NO dissent regarding this date. 

And how do you think the date is confirmed, you moron?

24 minutes ago, AlanF said:

rejects what the Insight book says.

False - you accuse me of what you yourself do.

6 minutes ago, AlanF said:

you think the date is confirmed, you moron?

I have looked at the olympiads and other evidence when your forefathers were still running with apes.

4 minutes ago, Arauna said:

JWs know what these are.

Some JWs do. Furuli understood this. Gertoux understands it. Don't know about "scholar JW." But there is evidence from three different years on this forum that Cesar Chavez did not know what these differences are. I think he actually does know now, and is so ashamed to admit it that he has changed the subject to Delta-T's.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.