The World News Media

SECULAR EVIDENCE and NEO-BABYLONIAN CHRONOLOGY (Nebuchadnezzar, Cyrus, etc.)

JW Insider

2 minutes ago, scholar JW said:

Indeed. It was the WT scholars who used Albertz's expression of 'catastrophe in the Introduction to those recent WT articles on Chronology as noted by my friend Doug Mason. Such a catastrophe aptly describes the ONE Exile beginning with the Fall and ending with the return lasting 70 years.

You are still hung up on WT referencing and the sourcing of such references and this is because you have not studied the Humanities!!

You can double down on your lies all you like, but it's obvious to everyone that the Watchtower author lied by false attribution. Just as you do.

• Views 27k
  • Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let me try to lay this out for you (although this is more for any interested readers' benefit than for yours). The stars, planets, and Moon are components in a giant sky-clock that keeps perfect time.

Since love doesn't keep account of the injury and covers a multitude of sins, I will not go back and show you what you have actually said. Besides, I've never wanted to make this into a contest of who

Most of what CC says is just bluster he finds randomly, evidently by Googling key words. And if it he doesn't quite understand it, he must think others won't understand it either, and therefore he thi

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, scholar JW said:

You have not got the book or read the book.

I told you that, you lying idiot. Are you claiming the review I linked to is wrong?

When I get Albertz's book and quote directly from it -- something you are deathly afraid to do -- you'll lie about what the book itself says.

7 minutes ago, AlanF said:

When I get Albertz's book and quote directly from it -- something you are deathly afraid to do -- you'll lie about what the book itself says.

Such folly sort reminds one of the words of the wise contained in Proverbs 18:13 "When anyone replies to a matter before he hears the facts, It is foolish and humiliating".

scholar JW

1 minute ago, scholar JW said:

Such folly sort reminds one of the words of the wise contained in Proverbs 18:13 "When anyone replies to a matter before he hears the facts, It is foolish and humiliating".

Answer the question! Are you claiming the review I linked to is wrong?

40 minutes ago, scholar JW said:

Ann O'Maly

Well done for posting this page from Albertz's book.

Thank you. It's not hard. You should try learning these kinds of skills too ...

... if you can be bothered, of course 😉

You will notice that this scholar throughout this book that there was only ONE Exile-the Babylonian Exile,

I didn't notice that at all. I did notice that he talked about the exilic era consisting of more than one deportation to Babylon. 

Albertz titled his book not as the 'Exiles of Israel' but the singular-'ISRAEL IN EXILE'. I rest my case.

Ahh, so you are acknowledging the exile/diaspora of Israel in the 8th century BCE too (p. 2). OK.

2 hours ago, AlanF said:

Such liar. Albertz never said that there was only one exile. And you, of course, have not quoted him to support your lie.

Read the book, the entire book and do not 'cherry pick', leave the 'cherries' for scholar to eat.

2 hours ago, AlanF said:

<< [Albertz] places the exilic age from 587/6 to 520 B.C. . . [He] deals with different biblical conceptions of the exile. Albertz refers to the irony that, since there is no coherent description of the exile in the Bible, the Bible itself has only a gap to offer for the period he is going to describe. What we do find are a few short descriptions of the beginning and the end of the exilic period, as well as some sporadic information. It remains a major question why the exile is not portrayed in a more comprehensive manner in the Bible. . . Part two . . . treats specifically the history of the exilic period. Again, Albertz calls attention to the difficulty that the exilic period, similar to the pre-monarchic and the late Persian ones, suffers from a complete lack of sources, and must be regarded as a "dark age" in the history of ancient Israel. . . Albertz then provides us with a short review of the history of the Neo-Babylonian Empire (626-539 B.C.). . . Albertz sets out to discuss the never-ending problem of how many deportations there were, as well as their dates. There were, according to Albertz, three different deportations. They may be dated, respectively, to the years 597 B.C., 587 B.C., and 582 B.C. >>

Notice the 'singular expression 'exile' and the 'exilic period'. There were many deportations but only ONE Exile.

2 hours ago, AlanF said:

Apparently ScholarJW Pretendus is both stupid and dishonest enough to claim that Albertz's reference to an "exilic age" means "one Exile". It does not. As a Wikipedia article on "Babylonian captivity" states ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babylonian_captivity 😞

<< The Babylonian captivity or Babylonian exile is the period in Jewish history during which a number of people from the ancient Kingdom of Judah were captives in Babylon. . . The dates, numbers of deportations, and numbers of deportees given in the biblical accounts vary. These deportations are dated to 597 BCE for the first, with others dated at 587/586 BCE, and 582/581 BCE respectively. . . After the fall of Babylon to the Persian king Cyrus the Great in 539 BCE, exiled Judeans were permitted to return to Judah. >>

So the Wikipedia article also lumps all of the deportations into one period of exile -- not just "one Exile".

One period of exile means ONE EXILE. You dope!!

2 hours ago, AlanF said:

The article displays a chronological chart based on Albertz's book, which lists the above deportation events and also states:

<< [Jehoiakim] began giving tribute to Nebuchadnezzar in 605 BCE. First deportation, purportedly including Daniel. >>

So the Wikipedia article clearly lists FOUR DEPORTATIONS AND FOUR INSTANCES OF EXILE -- just as I, Ann O'Maly, JW Insider and others have clearly documented.

Information similar to the above is found in the Google Books link to Albertz's book given by JW Insider.

I repeat, Albertz lists deportations but only ONE EXILE.

The said scholar rests his exilic case NO. 607539537

scholar JW

15 minutes ago, AlanF said:

Answer the question! Are you claiming the review I linked to is wrong?

Alan de Fool

Best not to us Wikipedia as a reliable or trustworthy source and I do commend you for consulting  Literature Review. Please not that WT does not use Wikepedia as a matter of course.

scholar JW

Ann O'Maly

11 minutes ago, Ann O'Maly said:

Thank you. It's not hard. You should try learning these kinds of skills too ...

... if you can be bothered, of course 😉

Well said

12 minutes ago, Ann O'Maly said:

I didn't notice that at all. I did notice that he talked about the exilic era consisting of more than one deportation to Babylon

OK. Exilic era-exilic period. Same thing with the common factor of the singular, ONE

13 minutes ago, Ann O'Maly said:

ou are acknowledging the exile/diaspora of Israel in the 8th century BCE too (p. 2). OK.

Read that paragraph again but carefully and spot the difference between the northern kingdom and the southern kingdom.

File Case No: #607539537

scholar JW

1 hour ago, scholar JW said:

Notice the 'singular expression 'exile' and the 'exilic period'. There were many deportations but only ONE Exile.

One period of exile means ONE EXILE. You dope!!

I repeat, Albertz lists deportations but only ONE EXILE.

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

And still you refuse to quote Albertz's book.

What's the matter? Can't see to quote and type at the same time?

It's easy to see how stupid and dishonest ScholarJW Pretendus is by examining his reasoning ability. 

As I quoted above from a book review of Rainer Albertz's book, Albertz "places the exilic age from 587/6 to 520 B.C." That alone clobbers Watchtower chronology if Albertz is accepted as a major authority, as ScholarJW Pretendus would have it.

This charlatan claims that Albertz's expression "the exilic age" comprises one and only one period of exile -- false and stupid on its face. A deportation by definition results in an exile. As I showed in my post above, Albertz clearly documents FOUR DEPORTATIONS/EXILES: in 605, 597, 587 and 582 BCE. Therefore Albertz documents FOUR EXILES. Furthermore, the dates of these four exiles surround the period he calls "the exilic age from 587/6 to 520 B.C." And since Albertz explicitly dates one deportation/exile to 587 and one to 582 BCE, his "exilic age" comprises AT LEAST 587 through 582 down to 520 BCE, as he states -- AT LEAST TWO EXILES.

This is really not rocket science. But pathologically lying charlatans like ScholarJW Pretendus will go to any lengths to twist language and facts to fit their religious biases.

Well, I'm afraid my Xmas break is rapidly coming to an end and so must my forum frolics. I'll leave all you boys to carry on slugging it out between yourselves. 😁

Neil, I wish I could say it's been a pleasure but you're still the same knucklehead you've always been, sadly. If you change your mind about wanting to learn how to use an astroprogram and check Furuli's claims about VAT 4956 and other astronomical tablets, you know how to contact me. Hooroo again!

Ann O'Maly

4 hours ago, Ann O'Maly said:

Neil, I wish I could say it's been a pleasure but you're still the same knucklehead you've always been, sadly. If you change your mind about wanting to learn how to use an astroprogram and check Furuli's claims about VAT 4956 and other astronomical tablets, you know how to contact me. Hooroo again!

Thanks but i will stick to those 4 lines of evidence in support of that strong cable of WT Bible Chronology.

scholar JW

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.