The World News Media

WHAT JW'S BELIEVE OR WHAT JW'S TEACH OTHERS

Patiently waiting for Truth

AS the '607' topic was going way off topic I thought it best to start a new one.

Jesus directed His followers to preach the 'Good News of the Kingdom'. JW's pretend to do this but....................

In the '607' topic there has been much debate (off topic) about true teachings or false teachings. Some JW's only believe some of the GB's teachings and just let other teachings go by.   Some of the JWs call this being a mature Christian.  Other folks call it being physically in / mentally out.  I would call it being physically in but spiritually out. 

BUT here's the rub. What does a JW do if they do not believe some teachings from the GB, but that same JW has to teach those teachings to others. ? 

This happens in many ways.

It would happen on the door to door work by distributing magazines promoting those false teachings.

It would happen on the Cart / Trolly work by encouraging members of the public to take books and magazines promoting those false teachings.

It would happen in a study, that pretends to be a Bible Study, for a newly interested one. I say pretends, because it is really a study of a book written by the GB's writing department. The book would be promoting the false teachings and the JW would be encouraging the interested person to believe those false teachings.

It would happen by inviting an interested person to a Meeting where the false teachings are preached from the platform.

It could be happening if a JW is posting out magazines to address given them by their Elders.

And all this encouraged by JWs that do not believe those false teachings themselves.

Hypocrisy ? I think so. But obviously JW's see it as being a mature Christian.  Do any of you JW's here promote false teachings ?

Do you promote teachings that you yourself do not believe ? 

( It was a secondary reason for me to leave the JW Org. My Christian conscience would not allow me to teach lies to innocent people ).

• Views 589
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

AS the '607' topic was going way off topic I thought it best to start a new one. Jesus directed His followers to preach the 'Good News of the Kingdom'. JW's pretend to do this but................

Yes, it is the same about my 1941 topic. Perhaps, quotations from WT publications are too much to be able to digest :))

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.