The World News Media

Creation-Evolution-Creative Days-Age of the Earth-Humanoid Fossils-Great Flood

Arauna

49 minutes ago, xero said:

I'm in limbo land right now. I've been reading Mike Heiser's stuff as well. Some take the account in Genesis as a polemic countering other pagan accounts. I can't explain at this point how they're doing that, as I read through this a while back.

https://drmsh.com/genesis-1-2-as-polemic/

Suffice to say that there's a way of reading this which accords w/the people who were living at the time this was written, and this isn't exactly the way we read the same thing. (at least that's what I'm getting as the argument). In addition there's the issue of material which isn't included, but which was accepted as generally true (manuscripts found along w/the dead sea scrolls, like Enoch, which clearly has mythological elements, but which even NT writers appeared to be drawing from. In 2nd temple Judaism, there was the issue of a screwed up spiritual council, and you get glimpses of this in Job)

Best to just bite the bullet and admit that Genesis is largely myth.

• Views 20.2k
  • Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm making a catch-all place for the discussions on these topics that were currently under different topics/subjects. As I move old posts into this new topic, the oldest ones will appear to identify t

On Whether Noah's Flood Is Physically Possible Consider the amount of water needed to flood the entire earth to a depth sufficient to cover the highest mountains. What depth would that be? T

This helped me to see the source of Alan’s enmity towards me. It is pure envy.

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, AlanF said:

Your premise is a straw man.

God’s will is that all sorts of men should be saved. This includes straw men. Who are you to judge?

35 minutes ago, AlanF said:

See if you can address the contradictions between "God is love" and "God is a monster".

Done:

https://www.tomsheepandgoats.com/2019/01/a-jungian-answer-to-job.html

1 hour ago, AlanF said:

xero said:

You still can't get it right, so let me try again.

Almost no atheists claim that the Bible God, or any gods, don't exist. Rather, they argue that there is insufficient evidence to conclude that such exist. Your premise is a straw man.

Yes, the ancient problem of Theodicy. I brought that up in my previous long post, which you'll no doubt try to ignore.

Job does nothing to answer the obvious questions.

See if you can address the contradictions between "God is love" and "God is a monster".

You're easy to ignore, because your posts are predictable. You create straw men and then attack the straw men, or you misrepresent what people say and then cop a superior attitude.

I mean what's there for anyone to deal with? I'd think I was dealing w/a 16 year old girl. (no offense to actual 16 year old girls)

1 hour ago, xero said:

You're easy to ignore, because your posts are predictable. You create straw men and then attack the straw men, or you misrepresent what people say and then cop a superior attitude.

Wrong again. No straw men in my arguments. You cannot find even one.

Now you've pegged yourself as a liar.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.