Arauna

• Views 20.2k
  • Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm making a catch-all place for the discussions on these topics that were currently under different topics/subjects. As I move old posts into this new topic, the oldest ones will appear to identify t

On Whether Noah's Flood Is Physically Possible Consider the amount of water needed to flood the entire earth to a depth sufficient to cover the highest mountains. What depth would that be? T

This helped me to see the source of Alan’s enmity towards me. It is pure envy.

Posted Images

18 hours ago, xero said:

Envy is at the root of evil. The evangelistic atheist is ideologically possessed by a missionary zeal mirroring that which is seen on the radical left.

The Psychology of Envy and Social Justice

This helped me to see the source of Alan’s enmity towards me. It is pure envy.

I had a study years ago with this jewish astrophysicist. It was interesting, but one interesting observation he made (he did become a brother) was that evil is predictable because evil shuns free will. The more evil, the more predictable. Also from other writings I've read (C. S. Lewis) evil is also parasitic. It doesn't create, but owes its existence to parasitism. An evil person (who am I to judge), but and evil act is the business of getting at "the good" the wrong way. Atheists want what faith provides, but can't have it because it requires a specific path - one they've shunned. "I am the way, the truth, the life - no one comes to the father except through me" Jesus said, and all the truly good things require obedience to and recognition of Jehovah and his rules, laws, purposes. He's teaching us to benefit who? Us all.

8 hours ago, xero said:

was that evil is predictable because evil shuns free will.

Wow, I didn't realize that you believe your Watchtower / JW Org / GB to be so Evil. 

The leadership of the Watchtower has for many years taken away the free will of it's congregants. 

One obvious way was the deliberate misuse of the Superior Authorities scripture, so that congregants had to obey the Org or be 'removed'.  

This is a quote from you xero from another topic. 

You know, that the core beliefs of JW's don't differ significantly from the bulk of other nontrinitarian religions except in ways which, quite frankly are conscience matters. This is a big issue in my world. Too many brothers want to override or supplant the consciences of others. If there is a defect, that would be it -

And again evil shuns free will.

Point proven.  Hence just one more reason I'm glad I left the JW / Watchtower dishonest, immoral, Organisation. 

I actually think it is your Org that has shunned this :-

"I am the way, the truth, the life - no one comes to the father except through me" Jesus said,

What have your Leaders done ?  Refused to baptise people properly. Not using the scripture which says to baptise "In the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy spirit"

But telling people that have to be baptised into the JW org. Telling people that they have to be a baptised JW 'to be saved' at Armageddon. 

I think a lot of people who have left and a lot who have stayed have a lot in common. They haven't made the truth their own. Instead they either abdicate their free will to an organization or they blame an organization for their having left. In either case if the shoe fits is that "each one must carry his own load". Now you can't look at someone and know what box they fit into, but obsessive focus on the organization and the GB is, of course a clue. Supposedly we're supposed to be intently looking at and studying the perfecter of our faith - Jesus.

Elders aren't magical wise men, neither are members of any governing body. You can of course cherry pick and create whatever movie you want to play in your own head as the manner of your life and whether you're happy with it or not - still it's your own bed - you made it, you continue to make it and you must lie down in it.

Happy people will be happy, and unhappy people will be unhappy. As soon as people "stop kicking against the goads" and know that they are solely responsible for their own choices and the consequences which flow from these, they can begin really living. (as much as living can be living in this particular rendition)

1 hour ago, xero said:

I think a lot of people who have left and a lot who have stayed have a lot in common. They haven't made the truth their own.

Pilate asked Jesus, What is the truth? And Jesus didn't respond. If I ask You, What is "the truth" ... for You?, will you and what you would answer? 

Let me help you. If someone had ask you 30, 20, 10, 5, 2,5 years ago what is "the truth" taught by WTJWorg, would you have the same answers as today? 

If you stayed in that truth from 30 years ago, because you built it firmly into yourself, then you would not accept "some new truth" that the same organization would offer you later. So the question is; Did the organization "have made the truth their own ”? Obviously not! Well, what is in common for people who stayed and organization who changed?

1 hour ago, xero said:

Instead they either abdicate their free will to an organization or they blame an organization for their having left.

People who stayed are people described in first part of sentence. People who left have various, different reactions. As for me, for example, i don't see why i would blame organization for not celebrating my birthdays in the past 53 years. :)))

People (can) have regrets for decisions or for either because they were deceived, or because they allowed themselves to be deceived and so on. WTJWorg "institutional settings" are made in such a way that members can rightly have objections and can blame the organization for many injustices and failures. In this sense, I do not see why individuals should be blamed for resenting the “organization” and its "official representatives" or even other ordinary members who were unjust to their fellow believers because of their “blind obedience to the organization”.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.