The World News Media

WAS THE NAME JEHOVAH ONLY USED TO ADVERTISE THE ORGANISATION

Patiently waiting for Truth

Still questioning the name Jehovah, i had a thought, as per the heading. 

The name Jehovah was well known, a long time before the JWs invented themselves.

And it seems the leaders knew that YAHWEH was favoured by most Hebrew scholars.

INSIGHT ON THE SCRIPTURES

Correct Pronunciation of the Divine Name.

“Jehovah” is the best known English pronunciation of the divine name, although “Yahweh” is favored by most Hebrew scholars. The oldest Hebrew manuscripts present the name in the form of four consonants, commonly called the Tetragrammaton (from Greek te·tra-, meaning “four,” and gramma, “letter”). These four letters (written from right to left) are and may be transliterated into English as YHWH (or, JHVH). The Hebrew consonants of the name are there.

We know, of course, that the name Jehovah was in use since the 15th Century, and is found in many old Bibles.

BUT, my point is, that the Leaders of the  Bible Students did not know the true translation / transliteration of YHWH when they chose Jehovah.

They chose what was already popular. It was an advertising gimick, not for God, but for the Org. It would bring in people and that would mean bringing in money. 

Some on here will say it has now been 'proven' to be Jehovah, but I say how so ?  Are you still worshipping men that you believe the words of men ?

Show me proof of Almighty God's Holy Spirit changing YHWH into Jehovah. 

Or is it still an advertising gimick ? 

Will people say, 'Oh look, they are using ' God's ' name, they must be the right religion'.

The old saying, 'tell a lie enough times and people will start to believe it' 

• Views 227
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Still questioning the name Jehovah, i had a thought, as per the heading.  The name Jehovah was well known, a long time before the JWs invented themselves. And it seems the leaders knew that

On 1/12/2021 at 7:34 AM, 4Jah2me said:

Will people say, 'Oh look, they are using ' God's ' name, they must be the right religion'.

In Jewish thought, a name is not merely an arbitrary designation, a random combination of sounds. The name conveys the nature and essence of the thing named. It represents the history and reputation of the being named.

This is not as strange or unfamiliar a concept as it may seem at first glance. In English, we often refer to a person's reputation as his "good name." When a company is sold, one thing that may be sold is the company's "good will," that is, the right to use the company's name. The Hebrew concept of a name is very similar to these ideas.

An example of this usage occurs in Ex. 3:13-22: Moses asks God what His "name" is. Moses is not asking "what should I call you;" rather, he is asking "who are you; what are you like; what have you done." That is clear from God's response. God replies that He is eternal, that He is the God of our ancestors, that He has seen our affliction and will redeem us from bondage.”

https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/the-name-of-god

In this manner, therefore, pray:

Our Father in heaven,
Hallowed be Your name.  Matt 6:9

“hallowed” -

I.to render or acknowledge, or to be venerable or hallow

II.to separate from profane things and dedicate to God

to make holy, i.e. (ceremonially) purify or consecrate; (mentally) to venerate:—hallow, be holy, sanctify. 

“To separate from profane things”…like falsehoods, failed predictions of the organization.

“The LORD detests lying lips, but he delights in people who are trustworthy.”  Prov 12:22

If a Wt. leader says “Jehovah” enough, does this make him trustworthy?  Well, Jesus never said “Jehovah” – a hybrid name that didn’t come into existence until the 15th-16th century. 

Maybe there is more to this name than what meets the eye. Who is this god “Jehovah”? What has he done?  The name seems to reveal the “nature and essence” of a being that tolerates misleading people with lies and the doctrine of men.  If this particular god has a people, “Israel”, why does he condone his people to be ruled by “Gentiles”? (Matt 24:15; 2 Thess 2:3,4; Rev 11:1,2)  Why does he condone a leadership to spiritually “kill” any who reject this leadership's lies?  (Rev 13:15; 11:1-3,7) 

This god has an evil side to him.  He is not my God, who tells His people not to listen to false prophets because their lies make us worthless. (Jer 23:16)   If Jesus is so respected in the organization, it seems to me that JWs would follow his lead and call the Almighty God, “Father”.   Can they do that?  Can they also "hallow" the name of God as he did, by separating themselves from a leadership that has a history of convincing its members to believe 'visions of their own heart'? 

I know!  Let's choose 2034 as the next Armageddon date, because if we add some numbers together, that date will magically pop up!

1914+120 = 2034

In Noah’s day, Jehovah declared: “My spirit shall not act toward man indefinitely in that he is also flesh. Accordingly his days shall amount to a hundred and twenty years.” (Genesis 6:3) The issuance of this divine decree in 2490 B.C.E. marked the beginning of the end for that ungodly world. Just think what that meant for those then living! Only 120 years more and Jehovah would bring “the deluge of waters upon the earth to bring to ruin all flesh in which the force of life is active from under the heavens.”Genesis 6:17.  12/15/2003

2034-2021=13 years left to repent before Armageddon. 

When we can perceive the Temple priesthood (1 Cor 3:16,17) trampled by "Gentiles"/elders, we are to FLEE.  

Mark 13:14; Rev 18:4-8

The Disgusting Thing Standing in the Holy Place

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.