The World News Media

Constitutional petition filed against alternative military service law. Some folks are never happy.

Patiently waiting for Truth

4 hours ago, Arauna said:

You yourself said give to god what god requires..... but it seems that Caesar is more important to you because if Caesar requests you to disobey the law of god then you seem as though this carries more weight with you. 

Any case, it is discrimination if you target one group of people because of their religion. The government also has responsibility to uphold their own laws.  When Paul asked to go to Caesar - the governor did not decide  what he thinks is more important. No, he acted with fairness and saved Paul from the Pharisees by sending him to Caesar.

It is therefore not wrong to question if authorities are fulfilling the law accurately or being too lax on some people or too strict on others.

Sorry, you are wrong about premise that I am discriminator. Simply, i was raised from my childhood as part of JW Church and spend cca half of my life (it depend how long i will live ;)) ) as member of WTJWorg, and as such i can't speak in this way about Catholics or Adventists etc.   

Paul and Caesar example you brought is interesting. And it is different of what we have today as "politic" of WTJWorg and State Courts. As i can see, Paul preaching caused trouble to him. He made some activity in Temple and spoke about "new light" and against established priesthood. Reaction of people and establishment was expected. What he done? He tell few things that average JW's today will not tell as evidence for defending nor in every day life.

First thing. Paul said: I am a Roman! (Roman citizen), and by that identified self in a way that JW today not see themselves as important or even separated from this world who put nationality and nationalism as important (i am German, American, British etc). Paul done exactly opposite of JW members are thought today, to not put national belongings in first place. JW have to be neutral in such matters. They are "global citizens" not belong to any particular nation, but belong to New World Nation.

Second thing Paul done is his calling on his Higher Educational Level and belonging to Higher Class of Israel Society. He said, I am Pharisee!  Imagine, he openly said he is part of blamed group. Will JW today say,  Your Honor, I am professor (not janitor, so my words are important) and I am (ex) member of Catholic Priesthood.

Third thing.  Secular Courts don't want today to be involved in church theology and questions of church doctrines. And WTJWorg Lawyers using this very much and very good (in USA call for 1st Amendment, i guess). Well, Paul done opposite. He wanted  secular Judge to make decisions about religious questions. ;))  

Fourth thing. Paul didn't want go to Jerusalem Elders for jurisdiction process, but to secular, pagan Roman courts. Amazing. JW's today are instructed that all religious and even some secular questions need to be presented before Elders and GB Administration. And how it is shameful if they bring brother before "unbelievers". 

Please tell me, where and when we live today, and how Paul is role model for JW members in this matters?

• Views 2.5k
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Apostle Paul was both a physical Jew and a Spiritual Jew. Philippians 3 :  from verse 4.  The Apostle Paul says about being a physical Jew :  If any other man thinks he has grounds for c

Whoa! It’s like hearing that the king of the north is now Bolivia!

I'm guess cleaning toilets was below him?  

"Alternative service" in East Europe for JW's who refused go to military service.

If my memories serving me well, I heard that in Czechoslovakia (info from native bro and sis in Bratislava in the mid of 1980) they tell me how you can choose between going to prison for few years (and perhaps again if you refuse service after prison time) or going working to mine under contract, and have normal working time as all other civil person who are mine worker, going to home after work and so. Perhaps long life contract.

So, this "problem" in South Korea is just "piece of cake" :)))

29 minutes ago, 4Jah2me said:

how me where I have written that the Superior Authorities o

The scripture shrecko quoted himself  indicates this - that god and authorities are separated - they are not the same.  They are mentioned separately. Pay to god what needs to go to Him and to the secular authorities their due.  

Mark 12:  Jesus answered: “The first is, ‘Hear, O Israel, Jehovah our God is one Jehovah, 30  and you must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole mind and with your whole strength.’ This is the greatest and first commandment.

“We must obey God as ruler rather than men.”—Acts 5:28, 29; when they brought the apostle peter and others before the Sanhedrin - the authority of the Jews - recognized by Rome

John 18:36  Jesus answered:a “My Kingdom is no part of this world.b If my Kingdom were part of this world, my attendants would have fought that I should not be handed over to the Jews.c But as it is, my Kingdom is not from this source.”

matthew 26"  Then Jesus said to him: “Return your sword to its place,a for all those who take up the sword will perish by the sword.b

Romans 12 17  Return evil for evil to no one.a Take into consideration what is fine from the viewpoint of all men. 18  If possible, as far as it depends on you, be peaceable with all men.b Only when the secular authorities forces one to violate the instructions of god - then you do not rebel but obey what god requires.. 

Nebuchadnezzar forced all his subjects to bow down to the image he set up in the valley but three young Judean men refused to bow down to his mage - they disobeyed state orders! They were prepared to die and be put in a fire!

So we obey and are peaceable as far as possible. 1 peter 3:15  But sanctify the Christ as Lord in your hearts, always ready to make a defense before everyone who demands of you a reason for the hope you have, but doing so with a mild tempera and deep respect.b

Jehovah has always separated his worship and the state  -( except when he is the ruler. As in the time of Israel , the throne belonged to Jehovah.)

At Armageddon all those who obey the beast and have its mark will be destroyed.  This is the mark of the political system. Jehovah's worship will be separate and clean (no other false god will his people bring before Jehovah - no worship will be given to the state and the revenge they can bring upon us will not deter us from obeying our father an put his wishes before that of men.

@Arauna  you totally avoided the point. 

I said, show me wherehave said that the Superior Authorities are above Almighty God. 

And of course you cannot show me, because I have never said it. 

My love for Almighty God and for Jesus Christ is steadfast.  None of you people here will change that. 

Whereas your love for your GB and the Watchtower / CCJW is a love of men, which God's word advises against. 

On 1/28/2021 at 8:50 AM, Arauna said:

“We must obey God as ruler rather than men.”—Acts 5:28, 29; when they brought the apostle peter and others before the Sanhedrin - the authority of the Jews - recognized by Rome

You do know the account concerning this one scripture alone?  The apostles were preaching about Jesus Christ in the temple courts.  The Jewish high priest and the Sadducees, were filled with “jealousy”, because converts were being made.  They had them put in the public prison. This account has nothing to do with the “secular authorities”.  It has everything to do with God’s people of the day, and it still does, with God’s spiritual “Israel” today. 

Who acts like a “high priest” in the organization, replacing Jesus Christ as Head and high priest?  Your governing body.  They are jealous tyrants who refuse any confrontation, any questioning of their teachings and pseudo authority. 

In the congregation of JWs, where the temple in the anointed is found, (1 Pet 2:5,9; 1 Cor 3:16,17)  anointed ones who…

#1 Preach Jesus Christ as their only Head instead of a wicked slave and a “Gentile” elder body who lord it over them (Luke 22:24-27; Rev 9:3-5; Rev 13:1,2,5-7)…

#2 Reject an organization (since the authentic organization is the anointed Body of Christ) (1 Cor 12:14; Eph 2:20:22;1 Cor 14:40)…

#3Reject changes in God’s “set times and laws” – 1914 and all other dates as well as doctrine that changes as shifting shadows…(Dan 7:25; 2 Thess 2:1-4; James 1:17)…

#Obey God as ruler, rather than men…

..are brought before a judicial committee and disfellowshipped – all for following the teachings of Christ and using the example of the apostles, which is to obey God as ruler, rather than men. 

You would think that your governing body would listen to anyone, especially the anointed who preach about Jesus, but this isn’t the case.  God’s anointed people are to be submissive to another headship and other decrees – the GB’s decrees. (Matt 24:24)

“If anyone thinks they are something when they are not, they deceive themselves.” Gal 6:3

“Since they did not know the righteousness of God and sought to establish their own, they did not submit to God’s righteousness. Christ is the culmination of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes.”  Rom 10:3,4

If ANY JW truly loves God and Christ, that person would discern, that Wt’s leadership has transgressed the fulfillment of the law in Christ – adding to, and expecting obedience to, THEIR word – the word of men not inspired by Holy Spirit.

The Wt’s leadership is destructive ,and the primary obstacle to eternal life that JWs are facing.  It isn’t the governmental authorities in the world that should concern any of you.  (Rev 18:4-8)

2 hours ago, Witness said:

If ANY JW truly loves God and Christ, that person would discern, that Wt’s leadership has transgressed the fulfillment of the law in Christ – adding to, and expecting obedience to, THEIR word – the word of men not inspired by Holy Spirit.

.... and expecting obedience to, THEIR word – the word of men not inspired by Holy Spirit.

This is so well said.
What parallel do I see with the words of the apostles, to obey God rather than men? To whom did the apostles not want to submit? They did not want to obey Sanhedrin and the elders of the Jewish people. To the spiritual leaders of their own people and religion.

Did the members of Sanhedrin claim to be inspired by God? Did Sanhedrin claim not to be inspired by God? GB claims that they are not inspired, but that they must be obeyed.
Religious people, JW also, accept the claim that the Bible is inspired by God. And this fact (that the Word is inspired by God) provides in itself proof that people should accept God's guidelines and be obedient to that very Word.

On the other hand, we have the fact that GB is not inspired (according to their own claims). And that fact ("we are not inspired") provides the basis for what the apostles claimed, Not to obey (GB) people who are not inspired by God, because their “commandments” (doctrines) are not God’s, but human’s.
Was everything the Sanhedrin taught wrong and contrary to God’s Law and Word? I don't think we could say anything like that. But still, the Sanhedrin and many religious leaders, the elders, violated God’s law and God’s word in many things. Both in word and in spirit. That is why it was justified for the apostles to oppose it.

Today JWs have a Biblical precedent from the book of Acts, to oppose their religious leaders (GB and elders) for the same reasons and in the same way as it was in the 1st century.

Can Acts 5 be identified with Romans 13?
In Acts it is allowed to oppose spiritual authorities. The Epistle to the Romans calls for obedience to secular authorities with no alternative.
But whatever we personally decide, every choice carries good and bad consequences. Each of our choices will make us stronger or weaker, that we are winners or losers, happy or unhappy. “As long as we’re alive nothing is lost,” one man said.

13 hours ago, Witness said:

The apostles were preaching about Jesus Christ in the temple courts.  The Jewish high priest and the Sadducees, were filled with “jealousy”, because converts were being made.  They had them put in the publ

you do know that they were "rulers " do you not? The Sanhedrin had tremendous power.  They had so much power that Felix and Festus were trying to appease them and were planning to give Paul to the sanhedrin....... when Paul understood what they were up to, he asked for justice from Caesar.

1 hour ago, Arauna said:

you do know that they were "rulers " do you not? The Sanhedrin had tremendous power.  They had so much power that Felix and Festus were trying to appease them and were planning to give Paul to the sanhedrin....... when Paul understood what they were up to, he asked for justice from Caesar.

The Sanhedrin was the JEWISH RELIGIOUS court system of Israel - of God's nation.  It had power over the temple activities - over the priesthood.    Who today, have power over the anointed Temple "living stones"?  

The Sanhedrin put Jesus on trial.  Who puts the anointed today on trial?  Your elder body, under the direction of the GB.

1 hour ago, Witness said:

It had power over the temple activities - over the priesthood. 

yes..... the Rabbis followed the Mishna - the oral tradition - which was written down after the destruction of Jerusalem.  They had power over the people and even more powerful because they could manipulate the Roman governors to the extent that they got Jesus killed as a seditionist of the Roman empire.  They were so powerful because the Romans gave them this power. The romans always appeased the Jews in this time because of the sicaree - the terrorists who assassinated opposers.  This was the reason the Roman empire became tired of the zealot Jews and came up against them in 66 CE.

3 hours ago, Arauna said:

yes..... the Rabbis followed the Mishna - the oral tradition - which was written down after the destruction of Jerusalem.  They had power over the people and even more powerful because they could manipulate the Roman governors to the extent that they got Jesus killed as a seditionist of the Roman empire.  They were so powerful because the Romans gave them this power. The romans always appeased the Jews in this time because of the sicaree - the terrorists who assassinated opposers.  This was the reason the Roman empire became tired of the zealot Jews and came up against them in 66 CE.

Okay, project this spiritually.  In the organization, are both “Jews” of “Israel” (anointed, Rom 2:29; 9:6-9; Gal 4:26-28)...

...And “uncircumcised Gentiles".

The governing leadership is suppose to be all “Jews” (I have some doubts about this latest crop).  The majority of elders are “Gentiles”.  Who, has given the elders power to convict other “Jews” as seditionists?  Who can put them to "death" in the spiritual sense?  (John 16:2; Rev 13:15)

The elders have been consistent in upholding the power of the GB, and vice versa; while the anointed “Jews” are told to follow the “oral tradition” of the organization.  (Matt 24:48-51)