The World News Media

WATCHTOWER, 1991 - "HOW TO CHOOSE THE RIGHT RELIGION"

Witness

41 minutes ago, Witness said:

And this doesn't apply to your GB?  Or, the doctrine that they teach that is false?  The false hope that the organization  they serve, and JWs with them, will lead everyone to salvation?    Or, JWs, especially pioneers (not those who are in jail at the moment) who believe they live "the best life ever"?  Do they add that footnote to the video about living the best life ever for those who may watch the video while lounging in prison?  Or, do they know the video exists?  What irony, right?  The best life ever and the worst life ever are both found in your organization; all based on servitude to men.  

Believe me, it applies 100 percent to the GB who say, "do you shoot the dog?" for getting their predictions wrong.   

Their undeniable happiness is in what Satan promised those who "worship" him in exchange for prominence, power and riches.  You have been deceived.  Luke 4:6-8

Not even Watchtower's leaders.  We should avoid  the obvious treacherous hearts.

Summoning the crowd, he told them, “Listen and understand: 11 It’s not what goes into the mouth that defiles a person, but what comes out of the mouth—this defiles a person.

12 Then the disciples came up and told him, “Do you know that the Pharisees took offense when they heard what you said?”

13 He replied, “Every plant that my heavenly Father didn’t plant will be uprooted. 14 Leave them alone! They are blind guides. And if the blind guide the blind, both will fall into a pit.”  Matt 15:10-13

So, what if a JW went up to G. Jackson and stated those scriptures after he gave his talk, pleading not to shoot the dog?  I doubt that it will go well for the one who spoke Christ's words.  In that respect, that person will learn who lords it over them.  

If you're happy with your decisions, then I hope it goes well with you and one would wish the same for anyone who is choosing their path. If any JW's feel they are on the wrong path, they will choose as they will. One thing I've learned from decades of pioneering is that I've changed very few people's minds by arguing with them, but I have changed myself from wearing myself out in the attempt. I don't do this any more. If someone wants to speak with me and has something positive to share them I'm more than willing to listen, however chasing after someone else w/whom one disagrees with is usually a toxic behavior. You may imagine the person/persons holding these ideas to be snakes w/whom you've been bitten, however chasing the snakes simply drives the poison to the heart.

• Views 9.7k
  • Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have noticed that the desire to see God's promises fulfilled (nothing wrong with that of course), drives the human spirit to "predict" or "hope for" the end always in their life time. The pattern is

I don't think you're a bad example. I find your posts encouraging and I'm sure a lot of other people here do. I think some of the "complainers" may just be working out their own demons, or I hope they

One thing I've had hammered into me over the past decades of pioneering, studying w/mentally ill people, people who were out of jail, homeless people, professors of anthropology, teachers of farsi at

Posted Images

2 hours ago, xero said:

One thing I've learned from decades of pioneering is that I've changed very few people's minds by arguing with them, but I have changed myself from wearing myself out in the attempt.

Exactly. People almost never change. In all the time I have been here, I have seen only one possibly do that, after which he participated no more. But he had other things going on as well that may have been more significant.

Just so you know, I stay here & have become one of the key players, because I fancy myself a writer. I’ve said before, but not lately, that a writer needs more than a muse. He needs a villain. Here there are villains galore. 

In most cases I’ve probed a little at first to see how the “villains” came to be as they are. I’m under no illusion of changing anyone, and what I do not do, because I think it is wrong, is discuss spiritual things with them as I would with persons in good standing with Jehovah and his earthly organization—in other words, my attempt at abiding by counsel to leave blind guides be.

It is in the eye of the beholder. Maybe some people do think I chat happily away with them.  I don’t frequent anywhere else but here. I do worry about setting a bad example.

11 hours ago, xero said:

I'd say that what's making the nations mad right now is the nihilist ideology of postmodernism.

WTJWorg scholars and GB, they have constructed and deconstructed “various truths” in the last 140 years of existence. :) 

9 hours ago, Witness said:

opening comment:

“Tomorrow's WT. They're going to lap up this paragraph. One thing I hate, all of us who have left and are truly happy away from the organization and prospering are called wicked and our happiness superficial. Makes me sick 🤮

8 hours ago, xero said:

It seems to me that paragraph is speaking of wicked people who appear to be happy.

8 hours ago, Witness said:

The best life ever and the worst life ever are both found in your organization; all based on servitude to men.  

I don’t remember God decreing anywhere that only the “good” would be “happy”. And that the "evil" will die "unhappy." In other words, to claim what the WT article claims, that the "wicked" are only "outwardly" happy (superficial happiness), is nonsense.

22 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Exactly. People almost never change. In all the time I have been here, I have seen only one possibly do that,

that a writer needs more than a muse. He needs a villain. Here there are villains galore.

with persons in good standing with Jehovah and his earthly organization

Well done Tom. Spoken as a perfect JW.

People almost never change. You say.  Um, I think people change all the time. but you have made your decision about people so maybe you will not see the changes. 

Here there are villains galore. Spoken as a true Elder tom. You want to see vilians so you see vilians. And you have judged them as such. 

persons in good standing with Jehovah, And Almighty God has made you to judge such importent matters ? 

22 hours ago, xero said:

I think some of the "complainers" may just be working out their own demons,

A typical example of a JW blaming the people that have been victims of abuse, in many forms, abused by the JW Org / Watchtower and it's leaders and Elders.  However 'complainers' is a new word here, well done.  It's usually apostates or haters, or as tom says, vilians.  It's nice to have a new word, it brightens it up a bit. 

43 minutes ago, 4Jah2me said:

It's usually apostates or haters, or as tom says, vilians. 

“Villains” I like for its Old West flavor. Otherwise I like ‘malcontents’ or ‘detractors.’ ‘Complainers.’ also works. I shy away from ‘apostates’ or ‘haters.’ I haven’t sworn them off completely. But I use them sparingly, largely for the reason you say:

46 minutes ago, 4Jah2me said:

And Almighty God has made you to judge such importent matters ? 

48 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

“Villains” I like for its Old West flavor. Otherwise I like ‘malcontents’ or ‘detractors.’ ‘Complainers.’ also works. I shy away from ‘apostates’ or ‘haters.’ I haven’t sworn them off completely. But I use them sparingly, largely for the reason you say:

I just draw the line when they say "go up you bald head!" - That's one thing I'll not put up with. Neither me, nor my trained dancing bear.

21 hours ago, xero said:

If someone wants to speak with me and has something positive to share them I'm more than willing to listen, however chasing after someone else w/whom one disagrees with is usually a toxic behavior.

Yes, most certainly an elder chasing after someone who disagrees with GB/organization policy, is a toxic behavior.

Who Are the Locusts?

27 minutes ago, Witness said:

Yes, most certainly an elder chasing after someone who disagrees with GB/organization policy, is a toxic behavior.

Who Are the Locusts?

Your posts make me feel sad. I don't know why you keep on the attack. It isn't helping you or anyone else I can see.

I remember a brother once talking about someone, I forget who who was never a firebrand in service, commenting, cleaning the hall or anything else of this sort become as he described it "A pioneer apostate".

I wondered why people who didn't believe JW's had anything to offer would expend so much energy attacking them. I mean if what JW's have is vomit, then why go back and spend time examining the vomit?

28 minutes ago, xero said:

Your posts make me feel sad. I don't know why you keep on the attack. It isn't helping you or anyone else I can see.

I remember a brother once talking about someone, I forget who who was never a firebrand in service, commenting, cleaning the hall or anything else of this sort become as he described it "A pioneer apostate".

I wondered why people who didn't believe JW's had anything to offer would expend so much energy attacking them. I mean if what JW's have is vomit, then why go back and spend time examining the vomit?

Xero, the end time prophesies concern “Israel”, not the world at large.  They concern all JWs who reside with the anointed.  You, they, the anointed priests, are held in “captivity”. (Col 2:8; Rev 13:10)  You may not believe this, or you choose to ignore it;  but if you look at the results of disfellowshipping, what does it do? What type of power does it hold over everyone inside?   What harm is committed by this one act?  No matter the sin, the judgment by men who are not anointed, is the same.  How many have committed suicide by being cut off from family?  Do you agree this is a “loving provision”?  How many people would rather fade, and not lose their family?  How many people are disfellowshipped who have not sinned against God, but refuse to swallow down the GB’s falsehoods; and out of love for their own, speak loud and clear against a wicked slave, as they try to draw whomever they can, out of the blind "captivity" that they can now visualize as a road leading to destruction?  (Matt 24:48-51)

How many people choose to follow Jesus Christ and reveal the sins of the leadership of their own people, just as Jesus did? Jesus was bold in expressing God's Words given to him.  Shouldn't all of us put the words of Christ above the words of men?  But, when they do, they are persecuted as he was by their own people.  (John 16:2; Rev 13:15)   The anointed in the organization should uphold God's Word over your leadership's foolish "new light", and some have.  Among those that have, are some joining ranks and preaching the “good news” of the restoration of “Jacob”.  They are preaching the need for repentance of idolatry to an organization. (Exod 20:4,5; Rom 1:25; Rev 13:8,4)

What is sad, is that someone like you cannot see how you play the part in “trampling” God’s holy saints/His priests. You have power over them, and you can't see this? You carry the ability to JUDGE God's holy people. (Rom 14:4) Did God tell the GB to do this? Would He ever put someone else in charge of His "special possession"? Would He ever allow anyone other than priests to serve in His Temple?  (Ezek 44:6-9)  Or, are His people expected to teach and serve the people as we see in the scriptures accomplished by the apostles?  (Mal 2:7; Eph 3:2-5)  (2 Thess 2:3,4,8,9; Rev 11:1-3,7; Rev 13:1,2,5-7) The warning must be given, and the warning will continue until the entire organization is gone. (Zech 4:7-10; Rev 8:8,9)  It is a counterfeit of the true Zion - the "organization"/Temple of God.  (Isa 2:2-5; 1 Pet 2:5,9; 1 Cor 3:16,17; Eph 2:20-22)  It is up to each one of you to “decide”; but no one can, unless both sides are made clear.  (Joel 3:14-17; Rev 14:6-12; 18:4-8)  This is the essence of the great tribulation and Armageddon - a war of truth against lies.   (Eph 6:10-17

“I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves. 17 Be on your guard; you will be handed over to the local councils and be flogged in the synagogues. 18 On my account you will be brought before governors and kings as witnesses to them and to the Gentiles. 19 But when they arrest you, do not worry about what to say or how to say it. At that time you will be given what to say, 20 for it will not be you speaking, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you.

21 “Brother will betray brother to death, and a father his child; children will rebel against their parents and have them put to death. 22 You will be hated by everyone because of me, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved. 23 When you are persecuted in one place, flee to another.

Truly I tell you, you will not finish going through the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes." Matt 10:16-23

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.