The World News Media

IICSA: survivors speak of influence of religion

Patiently waiting for Truth

17 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Please, go to JWTV and 2020 Annual Meeting with Kenneth Cooke and A. Morris with their (silly) confirmation/answer they made about, who dies and who not dies at Armageddon.  

Please re-read my remark:

If things are as JWs say they are, then they are providing a nice friendly heads-up and ought to be thanked on that account. 

If they are not as JWs say they are, then no harm is done to anyone. JWs are left with egg on their face and they are willing to take that risk.

Either way it is not something to get all histrionic about.”

• Views 13.2k
  • Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

... apparently not, as it IS up to God ...

I request that all upvotes that might otherwise go to CC, who disdains them, be bestowed upon me instead. I need all I can get to counter the deluge of downvotes from 4Jah. Never could there be

(Proverbs 26:17) Like someone grabbing hold of a dog’s ears Is the one passing by who [meddles in] a quarrel that is not his. I have had hundreds of very similar exchanges with Allen/Billy/Cesar

Posted Images

10 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Please re-read my remark:

If things are as JWs say they are, then they are providing a nice friendly heads-up and ought to be thanked on that account. 

If they are not as JWs say they are, then no harm is done to anyone. JWs are left with egg on their face and they are willing to take that risk.

Either way it is not something to get all histrionic about.”

What do you think, would it be possible not to include God in all these "right and wrong predictions" of WTJWorg?

On 2/21/2021 at 12:28 PM, TrueTomHarley said:
On 2/21/2021 at 12:09 PM, Srecko Sostar said:

who dies and who not dies at Armageddon.  

Please re-read my remark:”

Not true.  The death threat from JWs is wicked and sinful. It has no place in a true Christian's heart. 

Yes it seems true that those who are completely 'opposed' to God will die at Armageddon. But that has nothing to do with being in or out of the JW Org right now.   

And the threat of Armageddon coming sooooo soon, "we are in the last part of the last day"  (the Org says),  is just an empty threat.  It would really be good if JWs just said, "There is a Judgment time coming but we don't know when"  Even going on about 'the signs of the times' is overdone. That scripture says 'but the end is not yet' 

3 minutes ago, César Chávez said:

This depends on whose doing the clarification and their personal intent!! If someone is going to use scripture, they need to know the proper context. If people are going to use articles published, they need to understand the proper context in the spirit it was written. By Bible understanding!!

Let someone tell us; Who brought the "beliefs clarified" on the table? Were it the Those who invented and advocated “vague beliefs,” or were these new beliefs generated by some New People in the Administration?
So your idea that there are “qualified people” who are the only ones authorized to revoke the authority of their predecessors does not actually bring any solution to the problem in WTJWorg. 

What then should the phrases mean: “know the proper context?” or “personal intent”? or "the spirit of the written" or "the biblical understanding"?

Almost nothing. Or should these phrases (in your JW context) justify some and belittle others?

43 minutes ago, César Chávez said:

My question to you would be, what qualifies you into thinking you can sit in judgment on who qualifies in Gods eyes as his servants that take that responsibility as spiritual leaders?

The Scripture say that weeds and wheat grow together. So neither of us should be in a position to judge, but to distinguish two types of plants. Of course, now anyone can go further and challenge someone’s ability to distinguish one thing from another. :))

49 minutes ago, César Chávez said:

that is NOT there to "revoke" as you put it the works of Christ and the word of God.

WTJWorg religious teachers, scholars with GB+Helpers, "revoking" past and present teachings (each time a “new light” shines on them). :)

55 minutes ago, César Chávez said:

Therefore, God's Holy Spirit "clarifies" by allowing those spiritual leaders to "understand"

To prove this, you need to provide some authentic evidence of the continuity and permanence of understanding that does not change due to “human error” of past and present GB.

1 hour ago, César Chávez said:

Do you honestly believe, God's Holy Spirit ended with the death of Christ?

My opinion is irrelevant, because GB claims that they were/are not inspired as apostles and some others in FDS in the First Century.

2 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

you need to provide some authentic evidence of the continuity and permanence of understanding that does not change due to “human error”

How about this - I know of many teachings that have been the same almost since the inception of JWs:

1. Most religions teach that the soul is immortal and  can go out of you and float in mid air up to heaven or go down to hell! We have stayed with the same teaching!

2. The name Jehovah - it has now been proven that 2500 manuscripts exist with the point system which indicates YEHOVAH is the correct pronunciation in Hebrew. And the name actually has much deeper meaning than most realize.

3. Jesus put his soul in death - yes he really died! We are the only ones who believe this as far as I am aware.

4. Neutrality - no voting and no active participation in politics.

5. The kingdom is a real government - not something invisible in your heart

6. 144000 go to heaven and the rest are the great crowd

7. Most will live on the earth forever.

8. 1914 itself is a date that has stood for a long time..... despite the scoffers that laugh at us and the mistakes about the end of the perousia..... 

I can mention more - so despite the scoffers that present us as shifty shift - changing teachings all the time  - the ABOVE stable teachings which have NeVeR changed, proves you are the deceiver and accuser ..... not the witnesses. 

3 hours ago, Arauna said:

How about this

1930-1985 https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1200028612

1986-2021 https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1200277174

On this two links we can find tens and hundreds doctrinal changes. 8 points you made looks poor. :( 

Thanks for down vote. It seems how you accepted a bad custom. You know, Bad company corrupts good character

:)) 

50 minutes ago, César Chávez said:

o stay within the wheat harvest to continue its spoilage

Do you know when satan sowed the weeds and when they became powerful?  This is important to understand to really know the meaning of the parable.

57 minutes ago, César Chávez said:

o have the same old ideology that Christendom has offered for millennia

It is obvious that you never had a clue of our teachings or are simply lying about what you know.... 

58 minutes ago, César Chávez said:

DEMAND proof, when you have none to offer

We of course want proof - as our correct pronunciation of Jehovah's name has now been proven....