Patiently waiting for Truth

• Views 13.3k
  • Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

... apparently not, as it IS up to God ...

I request that all upvotes that might otherwise go to CC, who disdains them, be bestowed upon me instead. I need all I can get to counter the deluge of downvotes from 4Jah. Never could there be

(Proverbs 26:17) Like someone grabbing hold of a dog’s ears Is the one passing by who [meddles in] a quarrel that is not his. I have had hundreds of very similar exchanges with Allen/Billy/Cesar

Posted Images

1 minute ago, TrueTomHarley said:

I hate to say it, but I am quite comfy personally as is—though of course I realize this is not true of the greater brotherhood and may not continue to hold true for me. 

I have carved myself a unique little niche, partly due to a modest innate talent and partly because I am not good at anything else. Will the new system liberate me in that regard? Or will the brothers say, “Aren’t you the one who hung out on that squirrelly site to battle the ne’er-do-wells after we said you ought not? Hmm. What are your qualifications? Battling “apostates”—too bad for you there aren’t any now.” ?

I hope it continues for you. I keep praying for more faith and understanding. I keep circling back to the logic I've used for some time now - 1. I've established there is a creator 2. I've philosophically determined that all good qualities which exist necessarily inhere in this creator and that in a greater supply than I 3. That there is a reason for all this pain and suffering and that it will end... It's this last part. The time involved which I think is the point which eats away at one...Understanding why so long at times...

31 minutes ago, 4Jah2me said:

The JW Org was just one religion investigated

There were no religions investigated as religions. What was investigated was institutional abuse of schools, clubs, and daycamps within those religions, not the religion itself. Only Jehovah’s Witnesses were investigated as a religion —for abuse that happened to occur among the families of the rank and file, something the other groups have no mechanism even of tracking.

35 minutes ago, 4Jah2me said:

Most other religions and other organisations joined the scheme to pay compensation. The JW Org did not. 

The reason is above. It is indeed a scheme tailor made for institutional abuse, not for abuse that occurs among families that are religious. 

3 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

There were no religions investigated as religions. What was investigated was institutional abuse of schools, clubs, and daycamps within those religions, not the religion itself. Only Jehovah’s Witnesses were investigated as a religion —for abuse that happened to occur among the families of the rank and file, something the other groups have no mechanism even of tracking.

The reason is above. It is indeed a scheme tailor made for institutional abuse, not for abuse that occurs among families that are religious. 

Tom, I appreciate your underscoring these facts.

2 hours ago, César Chávez said:

when you deal with me

I did not deal with you!  I do not presume to deal with you. I have no wish to "deal" with you.  You do not know me and please do not presume to know me.  I merely made a comment (which I added to yours) and drew tremendous ire.  It was NOT a criticism of you. However, it seems you also have an ego problem.......  You have to have your pound of flesh!

r themselves your disdain for me. 

I have never had any distain for you - in fact I have been the one to commend you more than anyone here because I agree with you mostly. But when you target me I have the right to stand up for myself.

you hate the FACT I challenge apostate views, especially, the ones coming from witnesses.

I LIKE the fact that you challenge apostates because my ability to research is limited at present. I listen to most of my podcasts. So you have issues  with me - I am sorry for that but definitely not devastated. I have NEVER had any issue with you and still do not.  The hostility is coming from your side not mine.

4 hours ago, Arauna said:

The man who was next to Jesus when he died the death which he inherited from Adam.  If he gets  a resurrection in the new system he will be resurrected from "sheol" or 'hades'. He comes out of the death we all inherited from Adam.  If he rebels after this in the new earthly system there is no ransom any longer to pay for his sins. It is a sin to the degree of Adam and Eve, he will see "second death" - Gehenna. 

The bible itself says that the 'unrighteous' will be raised up Acts 24:15. But it also shows in Revelation 20 that those who are on the earth after Armageddon and rebel against Jehovah when Satan is let lose will see everlasting destruction - Gehenna. I suggest you read revelation 20 for yourself.

"If he gets  a resurrection in the new system" ??

I don't know what made questionable about this man, and you said IF. Jesus promised him that he will be with him in Paradise, so is your IF showing lack of faith in Jesus promise to criminal man? And about when and where he will live is not in our interpretations.

----------------------------------------

And I saw an angel coming down out of heaven, having the key to the Abyss and holding in his hand a great chain. 2 He seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil, or Satan, and bound him for a thousand years.

According to what you want to tell me, it seems how Abyss is/will be on Earth?? .... and devil be locked somewhere on Earth for literal 1000 years??

How is possible that book full of symbolism you and WTJWorg interpreted in a way that some of visions have literal fulfillment and some stayed symbolic and have another meaning??

2 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

"If he gets  a resurrection in the new system" ??

I don't know what made questionable about this man, and you said IF. Jesus promised him that he will be with him in Paradise, so is your IF showing lack of faith in Jesus promise to criminal man? And about when and where he will live is not in our interpretations.

----------------------------------------

And I saw an angel coming down out of heaven, having the key to the Abyss and holding in his hand a great chain. 2 He seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil, or Satan, and bound him for a thousand years.

According to what you want to tell me, it seems how Abyss is/will be on Earth?? .... and devil be locked somewhere on Earth for literal 1000 years??

How is possible that book full of symbolism you and WTJWorg interpreted in a way that some of visions have literal fulfillment and some stayed symbolic and have another meaning??

Good last question, but one ALL OF US have to work on answering. We don't want to be like the lazy one who's hidden his hand in the banquet bowl, but is to lazy to bring it to his own mouth.

I've always felt that IF I have a question, then it is MY responsibility to go about finding the answers. Not everyone has the same questions, therefore not everyone else has the same responsibilities.

8 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

for abuse that happened to occur among the families of the rank and file

You keep using this lie Tom so I suppose you might just believe it. 

Elders and Ministerial Servants of the JW Org have been convicted of Child Sexual Abuse, some of those Elders even abusing their own children. Court cases have shown that some Elders abused young children whilst they took those young children on the door to door ministry.  

The Elders are equal to church Clergy.  You know that for fact because the Elders use it in court rooms to avoid giving evedence against each other.  

Please stop making yourself look foolish in this way. Pretending that it is only rank and file congregants. Also remember that Elders have withheld information from Police and courts, which surely is not a Christain thing to do. 

2 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

t is not trust. It is acquiescence. He freely admits that ‘his’ side has nothing. But it does not stop him from sabotaging those who have decided, that since that is the case with conventional paradigms, they will look outside them. He has nothing. And he wants to make sure you don’t either. It has become his mission in life, his warped “good news.”.............................................etc etc

A wave of inspiration flooded you ? :)