The World News Media

US House of Representatives set to vote on the Equality Act next week

Patiently waiting for Truth

https://www.gaytimes.co.uk/life/us-house-of-representatives-set-to-vote-on-the-equality-act-next-week/

Look for the funny paragraph in here.

This is a major step forward in the fight for LGBTQ+ protections and rights.

It has been reported that Rep. David Cicilline reintroduced the Equality Act in the House of Representatives this past Thursday, with the bill being voted on next week.

The Equality Act, which aims to protect LGBTQ+ people from discrimination in fields such as housing or employment has passed its vote in the House of Representatives.

Back in 2019, the bill passed by 236-173 vote, with most Democrats voting in favour, alongside eight Republicans. Seven Democrats abstained from voting, with 173 no votes coming from the Republican party.

Cicilline discussed the importance of the bill,  stating: “In 2021, every American should be treated with respect and dignity.”

He continued: “Yet, in most states, LGBTQ people can be discriminated against because of who they are, or who they love. It is past time for that to change.”

On top of being reintroduced in the House, Democratic senators Jeff Merkley, Cory Booker and Tammy Baldwin have also announced that they will be reintroducing the bill to the Senate.

Since it’s initial introduction back in 2015, the Equality Act has seen support from many organizations and groups.

In 2019 it was revealed that most major religious groups in the country support the measures in the Equality Act. 53% of Jehovah’s Witnesses, 70% of Mormons, 68% of non-white Catholics, 65% of African American Protestants, 60% of Muslims and 59% of Orthodox Christians support the bill.

Supporting, is an action. It is not neutral. It is partaking. It is being part of that 'world'.  Supporting the LGDTQ+

In honesty though I cannot believe that 53% of JWs 'support' the LGDTQ+... And where did they get this figure from ? 

I thought the article was funny though, but i don't believe those figures. 

• Views 261
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sometimes, it's just a matter of how the question is asked. For example, take a question like this: "Even if your religious beliefs do not condone or support homosexuality (and/or LGBTQ+), do you

Soon you'll be able to marry anyone or any thing you want. If you marry a plate of sushi then eat it, would you be guilty of canniblism?

yes - they call you for your opinion and people do not realize it is a political poll. Thank goodness Jehovah is not as harsh as you are.  People all over act in ignorance and they want to sound as th

6 hours ago, 4Jah2me said:

Equality Act. 53% of Jehovah’s Witnesses,

yes - they call you for your opinion and people do not realize it is a political poll. Thank goodness Jehovah is not as harsh as you are.  People all over act in ignorance and they want to sound as though they are fair to others.

Especially if they ask if LGBTQ can have their rights..... Most people who care for others will agree that they should have their rights.  They have the right to choose the lifestyle they want BUT it does not mean we approve of it.... as the questions above proves.

Most witnesses do not understand these new laws..... that it will be detrimental to our future. They have already passed draconian measures in Australia.   

Do not judge the JWs .... Remember the scripture where it says ....... if it is mistakes you only look at Jehovah - who can stand before you?

Mistakes are very different to deliberate sin - like choosing to back a political party or stance.

2 hours ago, Arauna said:

yes - they call you for your opinion and people do not realize it is a political poll.

Telemarketers will eat you alive in my neck of the woods. I never answer a call from an unrecognized number so am spared this sort of nonsense. They can leave messages.

It probably has interfered with my participation in phone witnessing. When someone answers the phone, I think “What! Are you crazy?!”

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Popular Contributors

• Topics

• … and donchew forget now … the GB now allows Sisters to come to meetings and go out in field service in slacks or Mumus.  Or slacks AND Mumus, if poundage appropriate. Did I ever mention I once dated a Sister that made Mumus out of parachutes? She was an Opera singer, and had a UN diplomatic passport. She was on “speed”, couldn’t blink, and typed 600 words a minute with 100% errors. Occasionally she would get lipstick in her eyebrows.  
    • In my perspective, when the Smithsonian Magazine covers a topic, I am inclined to trust their expertise. As for the shadows here, I see no benefit in entertaining irrational ideas from others. Let them hold onto their own beliefs. We shouldn't further enable their self-deception and misleading of the public.  
    • Hey Self! 🤣I came across this interesting conspiracy theory. There are scholars who firmly believe in the authenticity of those artifacts. I value having conversations with myself. The suggestion of a mentally ill person has led to the most obscure manifestation of a group of sorrowful individuals. 😁
    • I have considered all of their arguments. Some even apply VAT 4956 to their scenarios, which is acceptable. Anyone can use secular evidence if they genuinely seek understanding. Nonetheless, whether drawing from scripture or secular history, 607 is a plausible timeframe to believe in. People often misuse words like "destruction", "devastation", and "desolation" in an inconsistent manner, similar to words like "besiege", "destroy", and "sack". When these terms are misapplied to man-made events, they lose their true meaning. This is why with past historians, the have labeled it as follows: First Capture of Jerusalem 606 BC Second Capture of Jerusalem 598 BC Third Capture of Jerusalem 587 BC Without taking into account anything else.  Regarding the second account, if we solely rely on secular chronology, the ancient scribes made military adaptations to align with the events recorded in the Babylonian Chronicles. However, the question arises: Can we consider this adaptation as accurate?  Scribes sought to include military components in their stories rather than focusing solely on biblical aspects. Similarly, astronomers, who were also scholars, made their observations at the king's request to divine omens, rather than to understand the plight of the Jewish people. Regarding the third capture, we can only speculate because there are no definitive tablets like the Babylonian chronicles that state 598. It is possible that before the great tribulation, Satan will have influenced someone to forge more Babylonian chronicles in order to discredit the truth and present false evidence from the British Museum, claiming that the secular view was right all along. This could include documents supposedly translated after being found in 1935, while others were found in the 1800s. The Jewish antiquities authorities have acknowledged the discovery of forged items, while the British Museum has not made similar acknowledgments. It is evident that the British Museum has been compelled to confess to having looted or stolen artifacts which they are unwilling to return. Consequently, I find it difficult to place my trust in the hands of those who engage in such activities. One of the most notable instances of deception concerning Jewish antiquities was the widely known case of the ossuary belonging to James, the brother of Jesus. I was astonished by the judge's inexplicable justification for acquittal, as it was evident that his primary concern was preserving the reputation of the Jewish nation, rather than unearthing the truth behind the fraudulent artifact. The judge before even acknowledged it. "In his decision, the judge was careful to say his acquittal of Golan did not mean the artifacts were necessarily genuine, only that the prosecution had failed to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Golan had faked them." The burden of proof is essential. This individual not only forged the "Jehoash Tablet," but also cannot be retried for his deceit. Why are they so insistent on its authenticity? To support their narrative about the first temple of Jerusalem. Anything to appease the public, and deceive God. But then again, after the Exodus, when did they truly please God? So, when it comes to secular history, it's like a game of cat and mouse.  
  • Members

• Col310

Col310 0

• Anna

Anna 5,083

• JW Insider

JW Insider 9,752

• Mic Drop

Mic Drop 95

• T.J

T.J 0

• Recent Status Updates

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Col310

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.